+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4117273;
    The problem is that killing is supposed to be Dexter's ONLY release. Having sex with Lumen goes against the character's grain. It would have made more sense if he'd rejected her. I'm disappointed they developed the relationship into a sexual one. I suppose it was expected, but the rest of the show was so intense and edgy, the sex scene was almost anti-climactic. Pardon the pun.

Overall, though, this was an excellent epi, best of the season so far IMO. The scene between Emily and Jordan was intriguing - now I really want to see how this storyline plays out.
    I saw the sexual act as Lumen's (not Dexter's) release, and maybe Dexter understood that so he didn't reject her.

As far as Emily is concerned, it seems to me that she agreed to all that happened to her (to win Jordan's devotion?) so that Jordan would have power over all of those guys, which has led him to where he is today. The guys have continued to go along in fear of being outed by Jordan. I was surprised that he set the banker up knowing that he would die... but it seems those guys are now expendable, as they are likely to start talking if ever apprehended by the police.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4117286;
    Do you guys believe Emily's story or do you think it is something that Jordan had her make up to lure Lumen in?
    I believe her. She told Jordan that she told Lumen the truth, as he told her to do, but I believe he wanted her to do it, knowing that Lumen would go after the banker. Now that all of the participants are gone except for Jordan, he can safely eliminate the only other surviving witnesses against him: Dexter, Lumen & possibly Emily.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4117273;
    The problem is that killing is supposed to be Dexter's ONLY release. Having sex with Lumen goes against the character's grain. It would have made more sense if he'd rejected her. I'm disappointed they developed the relationship into a sexual one. I suppose it was expected, but the rest of the show was so intense and edgy, the sex scene was almost anti-climactic. Pardon the pun.

Overall, though, this was an excellent epi, best of the season so far IMO. The scene between Emily and Jordan was intriguing - now I really want to see how this storyline plays out.
    I got the feeling that Dex didn't know how to reject her, just as he had, in the past, had sex with Rita in the beginning though he felt it was something that needed to be done rather than something he wanted to do. Throughout this entire thing Dex has been Lumen's gateway to healing, so I just saw the sex as a natural extension of that. Somehow, in some crazy way, it just made sense.

The Emily thing threw me for a loop. I only got a glimpse of the scenes from next week but it looks as if Jordan may kill Emily. Her story would seem to fit but somehow I think a major part may be missing. The way the conversation was going and Jordan was asking what she told Lumen and she kept mentioning "I told the truth, just like you said" makes it seem as if something were planted in that story.

Leave it to "Dexter" to always throw something at you in the last couple of episodes that will leave you with a killer finale.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;4117342;
    I believe her. She told Jordan that she told Lumen the truth, as he told her to do, but I believe he wanted her to do it, knowing that Lumen would go after the banker. Now that all of the participants are gone except for Jordan, he can safely eliminate the only other surviving witnesses against him: Dexter, Lumen & possibly Emily.
    Or he may threaten to "out" Dexter and Lumen in an attempt to blackmail them into helping him further his schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;4117415;
    Or he may threaten to "out" Dexter and Lumen in an attempt to blackmail them into helping him further his schemes.
    I think that would probably speed up his demise. Dexter would just figure out a way to kill him sooner, imo.

I think that, by the end of the season, Jordan will be dead, but not before he kills Emily. I'd be shocked if Jordan didn't kill her before someone - Deb? Dexter? Lumen? - can save her.

The psycho-sexual undertones didn't really bother me. That's sort of par for the course with this show. I'm all in for whatever they want to do at this point. I thought this past episode was probably the best one of the season. I couldn't turn away. They covered SO much ground, but it didn't feel rushed at all. It really was perfectly plotted.

AJane - I didn't the relationship between Dexter and Lumen to become sexual either, but I was okay with it, based on the context. It seemed a natural progression to me. I think Dexter was more concerned with Lumen (considering her recent past) and conflicted about that more than NOT wanting to have sex with her. This may be the first sexual partner he's ever had who actually knows who he is.....and isn't a complete psycho like Lila. That's got to be pretty scary for him, since he's so used to hiding his true self.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This is my crazy prediction. Deb will discover who Lumen is and that she is the surviving victim who has killed her abusers, however, Lumen protects Dexter and says Dexter was just trying to help her and that she did the killing, not Dexter. Deb believes it and allows Lumen to take off without prosecution. She even covers up the story on Lumen so she is not a wanted killer. This is a secret Deb and Dexter share. Meanwhile Dexter keeps killing and Deb keeps her eyes open, now always wondering if he was more involved than Lumen let on.

What do you think? How many more epsiodes are left?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4117725;
    This is my crazy prediction. Deb will discover who Lumen is and that she is the surviving victim who has killed her abusers, however, Lumen protects Dexter and says Dexter was just trying to help her and that she did the killing, not Dexter. Deb believes it and allows Lumen to take off without prosecution. She even covers up the story on Lumen so she is not a wanted killer. This is a secret Deb and Dexter share. Meanwhile Dexter keeps killing and Deb keeps her eyes open, now always wondering if he was more involved than Lumen let on.

What do you think? How many more epsiodes are left?
    I think that sounds like Deb, yeah!

But what about Quinn and Liddy?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4117772;
    I think that sounds like Deb, yeah!

But what about Quinn and Liddy?
    Oh, they are goners. Lumen and Dex will take them down and frame Jordon. Then they take Jordon out.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

How many episodes left? I am thinking 2?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4117779;
    How many episodes left? I am thinking 2?
    Man, there is a lot to cover in only 2 more hours.

+ Reply to Thread