+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Yes, that scene with Lumen stepping in front of the video was intense, as well as the kill and the moment when Dex gave her the tape and he listened in as she watched in the next room.

The scene where she came out dressed in her "kill outfit" and Dex gave her the gloves made me smile. I know, it's weird! This could only work with a character like Dexter. Two serial killers bonding-awwwwww!

I wish Quinn didn't have to go, but if he makes it past this season next season will likely be his last. I think he just knows far too much to ever just set it aside. Perhaps he will think that Dex fell under Lumen's spell and is helping her clean up her messes but is not actually a killer himself.

I hope Lumen gets to run off and live her life. I have a feeling that if she does we will see her again in the future of this series. Perhaps Dexter not showing her the entire code will come back to haunt him as Lumen won't be able to stop seeking justice for other victims but without Dex's resources she may end up killing an innocent or two. Then Dex will be left to track someone he trained and had feelings for. He may recognize her handy work at a future crime scene and then must hunt the person that he taught. We've seen glimpses of that in the past but not with a character that is not truly twisted or evil, just a lot like Dexter without the guidance. Would be nice to have her live and see how this thing evolves for her and the consequences that Dexter must face for teaching her his craft.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I was thinking that there may still be some things out there that connect Lumen to the dead men, which with Deb thinking that the 13th victim is the killer may lead to the proof the police would need to track her down if they had a suspect. All of her attackers seemed to have kept something. Boyd had the hair collection, the red haired guy had the jewelry,the security guy had the dvds. Jordan Chase kept the vial of blood from their first victim and may have others and Dan the dentist has just been connected to all of this so his home hasn't been searched. That leaves 2 pieces of evidence out there (if Lumen and Dexter were smart enough to destroy the dvd by now). Deb has already mentioned the hair and the dvds, it's only a matter of time before she starts to look for things in each of the houses.

-Unknown Author-

I watched the show last night on demand. It kind of gave me the creeps. I thought that killing and loving were too interconnected and I didn't care for it.

Anyway, someone please tell me something. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand this, but what exactly was done to the girls? I know they were raped, beaten, and tied up. What else happened? They keep referring to something horrific that boggles the mind. What is it? I don't understand. Deb said it was so bad that no one could live through it. REally? Maybe I'm missing something.

It looks like they were tortured too and on that, I hope they dont go into too much detail! I was impressed by how smart Deb is to go over the files again and to figure out it could be a victim that got away seeking justice! At some point she is going to find out about Dexter!
    I was on pins and needles when Jordan called Deb to go out to the lawyer's home after he saw Lumen and Dexter go in! I really thought Deb was going to walk in on the execution!

Were Lumen and Dex in the home or were they next door in the vacant house? The camera kept panning to the left to show the house with the for sale sign on it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I believe they were in the vacant house.

Yes, the killing and the sexual tension were very much intertwined, but it all makes sense in the world of Dexter. Dexter always got a rush when he plunged his knife into his victims. It made sense that Lumen got the same rush when she killed someone who was responsible for doing the unthinkable to her. She did show a mixture of emotions but in the end it had to be a huge release to eliminate one of her abusers. I think the act of plunging the knife into his chest finally gave her a complete insight into Dexter. It also gave her a sense of power, that instead of now living in fear and jumping every time a man touched or even came close to her, she had the power to let go of her fear and reclaim ownership over her body. She was able to straddle this man while he was incapacitated, as she had been, and have her way with him. It was a total transformation from the victim we first met to the budding vigilante we see now.

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4117256;
    I believe they were in the vacant house.

Yes, the killing and the sexual tension were very much intertwined, but it all makes sense in the world of Dexter. Dexter always got a rush when he plunged his knife into his victims. It made sense that Lumen got the same rush when she killed someone who was responsible for doing the unthinkable to her. She did show a mixture of emotions but in the end it had to be a huge release to eliminate one of her abusers. I think the act of plunging the knife into his chest finally gave her a complete insight into Dexter. It also gave her a sense of power, that instead of now living in fear and jumping every time a man touched or even came close to her, she had the power to let go of her fear and reclaim ownership over her body. She was able to straddle this man while he was incapacitated, as she had been, and have her way with him. It was a total transformation from the victim we first met to the budding vigilante we see now.

Yes, I get the revenge thing, but throwing in erotica just seems icky to me. I hope they steer clear from more of it. I would prefer a clean line from killing the bad guys and then after that is all wrapped up and done with, then start the romancing. I just don't like the two being close in time or related in emotion. IMO it sexualizes the killing too much and I find that a turn off.

Any thoughts about Harrison? Did the nanny really take Harrison to the grandparents? I missed some parts of the show. Did Dexter confirm they had arrived safely?

I get what you're saying. I doubt you'll have to worry. I don't think Lumen will last past this season.

You know, that nanny started out as creepy, but with two episodes left it probably won't go anywhere. Dexter has always had clean endings going into the next season so I would hate a cliffhanger on that point.

Maybe they just made her that way so the viewers would feel the same fears that Dexter felt.

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4117256;
    Yes, the killing and the sexual tension were very much intertwined, but it all makes sense in the world of Dexter. Dexter always got a rush when he plunged his knife into his victims.
    The problem is that killing is supposed to be Dexter's ONLY release. Having sex with Lumen goes against the character's grain. It would have made more sense if he'd rejected her. I'm disappointed they developed the relationship into a sexual one. I suppose it was expected, but the rest of the show was so intense and edgy, the sex scene was almost anti-climactic. Pardon the pun.

Overall, though, this was an excellent epi, best of the season so far IMO. The scene between Emily and Jordan was intriguing - now I really want to see how this storyline plays out.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Do you guys believe Emily's story or do you think it is something that Jordan had her make up to lure Lumen in?
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread