+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Dexter

Regarding the character "Deb" - I find her to be complex. Tough as nails on the outside, straightforward to the point of bluntness, with language a stevedore would consider cringe worthy. Yet, she has a deep and abiding bond with her family and friends, a wry sense of humor, is quick to admit her mistakes/misjudgments (with a self-deprecating charm), and has the kind of integrity we wish all cops would have.

As to the actress's looks, well Michael C. Hall married her. He, at least, must think she's attractive.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4109829;
    Ahhhhh! I don't know how anyone can love Deb! Not the character! I don't mind the character! I can't stand the actress! (for the part) OK, I do find the character a little one dimensional. All of these guys fall in love with her but all she EVER does is cuss and talk about police work. Any hobbies? Any other interests? I thought that Keith Carradine was WAY to good for her and I find it VERY, VERY hard to believe that Quinn would fall for her.(he's too cute for her) She's so unattractive! We haven't been given anything, any other information about her, that would tell us why anyone would want her. She has great sex with them? Is that enough? Really? I could understand it if she was just so , darn, good looking that men just couldn't help themselves but she's not! She looks like a skinny, white trash, coke freak! I feel that she gives the part her all but I have felt like she was miscast from the start.
    Nope, she doesnt look like a skinny white trash coke freak. She isn't related to the Hogan family or the Bounty Hunter guy. She is just naturally thin and works hard to stay that way, good for her.

Character wise, I like Deb. She isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and some people don't like that in women, they want all women to be mild or meek or timid. The character is attactive, slender, intelligent, triple threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4065939;
    I have sort of a set-side report! Last Friday, the show was filming at the house of my friend's best friend. She texted my friend at one point to say "Michael C. Hall is standing in my driveway!" (I totally squealed over that!) She's never seen Dexter, but was a fan of Six Feet Under and knew who he was. The twins that play Harrison were there, but she thought MCH was the only adult actor from the show who was there. Since she doesn't watch the show, she didn't know for sure.
    Okay, my friend just told me that her friend's house was in this past episode. It was the house that Astor's friend lived it. So when Dexter drives her home at the end of the episode, it's the house he drops her off at. It's in Long Beach, CA. Very cool. Now I have to watch the episode again, since I wasn't really paying attention before!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4112560;
    Nope, she doesnt look like a skinny white trash coke freak. She isn't related to the Hogan family or the Bounty Hunter guy. She is just naturally thin and works hard to stay that way, good for her.

Character wise, I like Deb. She isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and some people don't like that in women, they want all women to be mild or meek or timid. The character is attactive, slender, intelligent, triple threat.
    Oh well, she does to me.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4115242;
    Okay, my friend just told me that her friend's house was in this past episode. It was the house that Astor's friend lived it. So when Dexter drives her home at the end of the episode, it's the house he drops her off at. It's in Long Beach, CA. Very cool. Now I have to watch the episode again, since I wasn't really paying attention before!
    Mere minutes from my house.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4115242;

That's cool. I missed last night's episode. I was out of town and they didn't have Showtime. I plan to watch tonight on demand!

Couldn't watch! Too stressful! My daughter watched and gave me the recap! Even her recap was too stressful for me to listen to!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4116699;
    Couldn't watch! Too stressful! My daughter watched and gave me the recap! Even her recap was too stressful for me to listen to!
    \
    Oh my. I can't wait! LOL

It gets more stressful in the final two episodes I'm sure. It was a really good episode last night and I loved the dynamic between Lumen and Dex. I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying the fact that it finally looks like Dex has let someone in who he won't eventually have to kill. Lila, Miguel, Trinity in the end they were all batty and had to go. Sure, Dex was sloppy and in the next 2 episodes we will have to see Robocop, Chase, and Quinn be done with in order for him to remain safe but I wish there were a way to let Lumen stick around for another season. Her character has grown on me.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Lumen has really grown on me too, KeepItReal! I'm not the biggest fan of Julia Stiles, but she's done a terrific job with this character. That moment in Alex's house where she steps in front of the TV showing the video of her being attacked was so great.

I agree that the show is getting so intense that it's hard to watch, but I'm loving it! I thought sure they'd get caught when Deb and Quinn showed up at the house. Of course, Dex would be too smart to kill him in that house. That moment in the kill room where Lumen plunged the knife in was so powerful. The look on Dexter's face, her body language. I was blown away. Of course sex would have to be the next logical step for them. And here, I was so sure they wouldn't go there with that relationship.

Lumen really is the first person - even including Harry - who has really seen Dexter for who he is and accepted him. He doesn't have to hide anything from her. I hope she sticks around too, although I'm sure we're in for a tragic end or just her leaving town. I'd love to see her stay on the show. She fits in really well.

I love Jonny Lee Miller, but he is creeping me out! Even the way he opened his mouth when Dex did the DNA swab was creepy. He obviously has to die, sooner rather than later. The Peter Weller character needs to go as well. Maybe he'll just get into a car accident, so Dex doesn't have to bother with him. I'm not so sure about Quinn though. Maybe his love for Deb will keep him quiet. He seems to have dropped the investigation for now. Maybe he'll turn into Doakes next season after a fall out with Deb
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread