+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Dexter

I love Deb, too. To the point, honest & uncensored. As crazy as it sounds, I love her potty mouth. I'm beginning to like Quinn, too. Maybe because he's starting to show that he has a soul and isn't just a slimeball.

Interesting thought about LaGuerta. Maybe Angel will have had enough and he'll be the one to off her
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Lumen has so much backstory that we just don't know. Why did she run away from marrying the guy from her hometown? Was it simply a case of cold feet or something more? How did she end up in the hands of her rapists? I know there was a bit of a flashback scene with the guys in the car but exactly how did they get their hands on her?

The Dex/Lumen thing I don't really think will go anywhere. Currently they would be a couple that would work-they are both damaged and driven towards the same goals. Lumen can barely stand to be touched and I remember in the early days of Dex and Rita he had to come to terms with why people had a real need to make love. So currently, they are a made for one another. I do expect that once Dex has taken care of all of Lumen's attackers her healing may very well begin. That healing will never come for Dexter.

By the way, I like Deb as well. She may not be polished, but she's loyal.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 11-19-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Ahhhhh! I don't know how anyone can love Deb! Not the character! I don't mind the character! I can't stand the actress! (for the part) OK, I do find the character a little one dimensional. All of these guys fall in love with her but all she EVER does is cuss and talk about police work. Any hobbies? Any other interests? I thought that Keith Carradine was WAY to good for her and I find it VERY, VERY hard to believe that Quinn would fall for her.(he's too cute for her) She's so unattractive! We haven't been given anything, any other information about her, that would tell us why anyone would want her. She has great sex with them? Is that enough? Really? I could understand it if she was just so , darn, good looking that men just couldn't help themselves but she's not! She looks like a skinny, white trash, coke freak! I feel that she gives the part her all but I have felt like she was miscast from the start.

My issue with Deb is the MOUTH! I can swear like a trucker, I admit, but Deb is way worse. It's just too much. I think she's a good cop and a good sister.....although not terribly perceptive, since her serial killer brother has been murdering people right under her nose for years! I normally don't have a problem with swearing, but I find hers distracting. She uses the f-word the same way teenage girls use "like."

Jennifer Carpenter is actually cute IRL. I've seen interviews with her and she's adorable, even though she's painfully thin, imo. I get what you're saying though about her sex appeal, tvaholic. She's scrawny and abrasive and all she does is swear and talk about work. I don't get the appeal to men How she got both Anton () AND Lundy, well, that stretches credulity.

ETA: I suspect the relationship between Dex and Lumen won't be romantic. It may be similar to what he had with Lila, but without her wanting to kill him and his family. Was it this thread where someone suggested Lumen might commit suicide at the end of the season, once all of her attackers are dead? That definitely would be a unique ending to her story.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Good episode tonight. Robocop will certainly die- he really knows too much now. Jordan Chase does as well and needs to go. Turning out to be another really good season. Quinn-have a feeling they are going to make me like him before they wipe him out. Trying to not say too much- I know a lot of you guys don't watch the first run of the show.

-Unknown Author-

I certainly didn't expect to see Astor! Good episode. I like that Dexter's back on track with Astor. I wonder if Lumen is going to see that she likes the "family" experience that she's getting being around and involved with Dexter's kids, and maybe realize that that is what she really wants after all... so when she's finished with her vengeance, she'll head back home to her fiance, marriage and family. Of course, that would depend on her surviving Jordan Chase. That final scene was pretty scary for both Dex and Lumen.

Somebody needs to take Liddy out SOON! And now I'm wondering if Quinn knows too much as well.

Can hardly wait 'til next week.

Just wanted to add that I LOVED Dex opening a can on that abusive "stepdad".

-Unknown Author-

That WAS great!

It's also good, I think, that Deb found out about Lumen through Dexter before someone else told her. Might make Deb less likely to accept anything bad about her later.

I just felt it in my heart when Dexter told Astor that he loved her. It just shocked me! I like it when the writers surprise me like that. He really has the patience for that girl. I hope good things are on the horizon for them and that it doesn't involve him teaching her to kill. LOL

Things I don't like about the show are the screw ups. Why would the house land line still be on. That would have been cut off. And even if it was working, Lumen had no reason to answer it. Her answering the home phone and freaking out was so ridiculous! I hate stupid stuff like that.

I suspect Batista will become a widower.

Any chance that new female officer set up those recent murders in order to move up in the dept.? I've been wondering about that. Did she frame the guy who was killed in the shoot out? Who really did set that up to be a fiasco?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4111257;
    IThings I don't like about the show are the screw ups. Why would the house land line still be on. That would have been cut off. And even if it was working, Lumen had no reason to answer it. Her answering the home phone and freaking out was so ridiculous! I hate stupid stuff like that.

I suspect Batista will become a widower.

Any chance that new female officer set up those recent murders in order to move up in the dept.? I've been wondering about that. Did she frame the guy who was killed in the shoot out? Who really did set that up to be a fiasco?
    Could be that they had the phone connected when they realized that she would be staying there for a while.

You may be right about LaGuerta dying. God knows she's pissed off enough people - they might just join forces and get rid of her.

I've been wondering about that new female officer myself. I don't think her story is complete yet.

+ Reply to Thread