+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4103196;
    I agree with you on the Harrison thing Debb, but at the same time it's the parallel of what Harry did to Dexter. (and duh @ me because it's the first time I put Harrison/Harry together) It's bad parenting 101, what was done to me is what I learned and will pass on to you. Dexter is still under the impression that what Harry did for him was a positive thing.. had Harry steered him in another direction he probably wouldn't be the person he is today. Harry told him he couldn't feel or love or connect with other people, yet every relationship Dexter has proves Harry wrong. Dexter needed duct tape, Harry took him apart piece by piece and reassembled him with parts missing and others added.
    I thought that Harry had seen enough of the symptoms of "future serial killer" in Dexter that he felt his only choice was to try to steer those impulses in a direction that would be useful for society and safe for Dexter. Has Harrison started torturing animals yet?

No, Harrison can't even walk yet-so no animal torture.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4106147;
    No, Harrison can't even walk yet-so no animal torture.
    Well, judging by most pre-walkers I"ve known, any animal that gets close enough is fair game for "animal torture"! As you can see, KIR, I can't watch it anymore, since it is no longer on NBC.

Sorry you can't see it anymore. As much as Dex's behavior drives me crazy lately I still love the show.

The only sign Dexter has seen so far is that Harrison may have scratched a kid and laughed. The children were under a parachute so there was no solid proof that Harrison had done it, though it seems that he was the likely suspect.

They haven't really shown him with animals, so I guess Dex is just projecting for now.

-Unknown Author-

I checked over on the Dexter homeboards and saw something that surprised me. I'm not positive if it's true. They said that one of the characters is only signed up for one more episode. I'll not post who since it may be a spoiler. If you're curious PM me. I was shocked, that's all I'll say. If it's true, this next episode must really be a shocker.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm thinking that since, at the end of the last episode, Liddy saw Dex and Lumen dumping a body, someone is going to have to die. My money's on Liddy.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm guessing Quinn's exit is just around the corner if it's a death. I'm guessing Laguerta or Angel if it's a firing or resignation.

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4105701;
    IMPOSSIBLE! I don't buy the last scene AT ALL! Is that a magic camera?
    Not impossible. That was a super long camera lens. Paparazzi use lenses that big to photograph celebs on the beach when they're way off the coast on boats. If it was outfitted with the right kind of lens, it could work.

I FINALLY got caught up on the show just now. I watched the last five or six episodes all today. The site where I was watching kept messing up and the sound was all out of sync, so I got frustrated and stopped watching until today. It was better today, although with one episode, the lag time was several seconds. I had to not actually watch too closely or it would have driven me crazy!

I have to say, I wasn't so sure about Julia Stiles when they first announced that she was going to be on the show this season - I'm not a huge fan - but I think she's doing a terrific job. I think what will probably happen re: her exit is that she and Dexter will track down all the men who raped her and kill them. Then she'll either go home or reunite with her ex, but without turning Dexter in. It's seems to me like she actually understands what he's doing, although she may end up feeling whole again once all the men are dead and won't feel the need to kill any more. Now watch, I'll be totally wrong and she'll try to turn him in and he'll have to kill her or something!

It seems like Deb is swearing even more than normal, if that's even possible. She's never been my favorite character and the swearing is only part of the reason. From interviews I've seen with her, Jennifer Carpenter could not be more different from Deb - she's seems like a very sweet girl. Even though I don't care much for Deb, I still wanted to smack LaGuerta for throwing her under the bus like that. She doesn't deserve Angel. Plus, that new girl who just sucked right up and backed LaGuerta, well, she needs to go down, especially after Deb refused to let LaGuerta use her as the sacrificial lamb.

I can't imagine where the Peter Weller story is going. There's no way he can live at this point, right? How can he tell Quinn what's going on and not have it sink Dexter? Either he has to die or both he and Quinn have to die. What else could stop Quinn from trying to bring Dexter down?

Okay, since I'm caught up on the season, I went to read spoilers at Watch with Kristin. Here's the Dexter section of her chat from this past Monday:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sadie: Any Dexter scoop? Will it get good again?
    A little birdie told me they have another "doozy" planned for the end of the season—the kind that will have everyone talking, à la the bathtub. My source told me it's a good payoff and then I couldn't really hear anything above the buzzing in my ears. Be forewarned.

Penny: Dexter. Now. Please.
    We know you're probably a little freaked after the end of last night's episode—ya know, because Peter Weller's corrupt cop Liddy saw Dex and Lumen dump a body! But fret not...yet...because Quinn is falling pretty hard for Deb and is going to make sure he takes care of her. And Dexter might just catch on to the fact that someone is on to him for a change.

Day: Is Julia Stiles' Dexter character only set to appear in one season, or is there a possibility of her sticking around in the future?
    Sorry, but it's just too soon to reveal something that juicy. If we told you that, it may ruin the rest of the season...What we can say is that Julia Stiles is in every one of the season's remaining episodes and plays a pivotal part in Dexter's life up until the very end. So stay tuned for now, and as the season nears its end, the answer to your question will become a little clearer.

@Dexdeb (via Twitter): Is Dexter is signed for a season six?
    Dexter boss Chip Johannesson tells us that "there's no official word," but with the end of season five upon us, expect an announcement from Showtime sometime soon. And if Dexter does receive a sixth season, as expected, Chip says the format of this season (á la no big bad) would likely change. "Season six would definitely not look like it did this year because the events are all different," the show runner explains.

Read more: Spoiler Chat: Dexter, Glee, House, Sons of Anarchy and More! - E! Online

Now I'm really excited about the rest of the season!

ETA: Here's another spoiler article from Watch With Kristin all about Dexter: Will Dex and Lumen Do It? Will Deb Discover the Truth? Dexter's Boss Tells Us (Almost) Everything - E! Online
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4107472;
    Not impossible. That was a super long camera lens. Paparazzi use lenses that big to photograph celebs on the beach when they're way off the coast on boats. If it was outfitted with the right kind of lens, it could work.

I FINALLY got caught up on the show just now. I watched the last five or six episodes all today. The site where I was watching kept messing up and the sound was all out of sync, so I got frustrated and stopped watching until today. It was better today, although with one episode, the lag time was several seconds. I had to not actually watch too closely or it would have driven me crazy!

I have to say, I wasn't so sure about Julia Stiles when they first announced that she was going to be on the show this season - I'm not a huge fan - but I think she's doing a terrific job. I think what will probably happen re: her exit is that she and Dexter will track down all the men who raped her and kill them. Then she'll either go home or reunite with her ex, but without turning Dexter in. It's seems to me like she actually understands what he's doing, although she may end up feeling whole again once all the men are dead and won't feel the need to kill any more. Now watch, I'll be totally wrong and she'll try to turn him in and he'll have to kill her or something!

It seems like Deb is swearing even more than normal, if that's even possible. She's never been my favorite character and the swearing is only part of the reason. From interviews I've seen with her, Jennifer Carpenter could not be more different from Deb - she's seems like a very sweet girl. Even though I don't care much for Deb, I still wanted to smack LaGuerta for throwing her under the bus like that. She doesn't deserve Angel. Plus, that new girl who just sucked right up and backed LaGuerta, well, she needs to go down, especially after Deb refused to let LaGuerta use her as the sacrificial lamb.

I can't imagine where the Peter Weller story is going. There's no way he can live at this point, right? How can he tell Quinn what's going on and not have it sink Dexter? Either he has to die or both he and Quinn have to die. What else could stop Quinn from trying to bring Dexter down?

Okay, since I'm caught up on the season, I went to read spoilers at Watch with Kristin. Here's the Dexter section of her chat from this past Monday:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sadie: Any Dexter scoop? Will it get good again?
    A little birdie told me they have another "doozy" planned for the end of the season—the kind that will have everyone talking, à la the bathtub. My source told me it's a good payoff and then I couldn't really hear anything above the buzzing in my ears. Be forewarned.

Penny: Dexter. Now. Please.
    We know you're probably a little freaked after the end of last night's episode—ya know, because Peter Weller's corrupt cop Liddy saw Dex and Lumen dump a body! But fret not...yet...because Quinn is falling pretty hard for Deb and is going to make sure he takes care of her. And Dexter might just catch on to the fact that someone is on to him for a change.

Day: Is Julia Stiles' Dexter character only set to appear in one season, or is there a possibility of her sticking around in the future?
    Sorry, but it's just too soon to reveal something that juicy. If we told you that, it may ruin the rest of the season...What we can say is that Julia Stiles is in every one of the season's remaining episodes and plays a pivotal part in Dexter's life up until the very end. So stay tuned for now, and as the season nears its end, the answer to your question will become a little clearer.

@Dexdeb (via Twitter): Is Dexter is signed for a season six?
    Dexter boss Chip Johannesson tells us that "there's no official word," but with the end of season five upon us, expect an announcement from Showtime sometime soon. And if Dexter does receive a sixth season, as expected, Chip says the format of this season (á la no big bad) would likely change. "Season six would definitely not look like it did this year because the events are all different," the show runner explains.

Read more: Spoiler Chat: Dexter, Glee, House, Sons of Anarchy and More! - E! Online

Now I'm really excited about the rest of the season!

ETA: Here's another spoiler article from Watch With Kristin all about Dexter: Will Dex and Lumen Do It? Will Deb Discover the Truth? Dexter's Boss Tells Us (Almost) Everything - E! Online

Thanks for the links. They bascially don't confimr or deny the rumors I have read about. I guess we're going to have to wait. Man, if this season's finale is as big of a shocker as last year, that is going to be something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4107472;
    I have to say, I wasn't so sure about Julia Stiles when they first announced that she was going to be on the show this season - I'm not a huge fan - but I think she's doing a terrific job. I think what will probably happen re: her exit is that she and Dexter will track down all the men who raped her and kill them. Then she'll either go home or reunite with her ex, but without turning Dexter in. It's seems to me like she actually understands what he's doing, although she may end up feeling whole again once all the men are dead and won't feel the need to kill any more.
    I think so too. I'm guessing any upcoming shocker won't have anything to do with her. There has to be some underlying reason that they're doggedly continuing this hoodoo murders storyline. I would bet money that LaGuerta is going to be the one to die this season. They're not going to kill off anyone who's very close to Dex, not after offing Rita last season. I will be VERY unhappy if they create a romance between Dexter and Lumen. It's even more of a departure from Dex's character.

Somehow, Quinn is growing on me. I used to hate him but I'm liking his character more and more. I love Deb...her personality is so over-the-top plus she's just as I envisioned her from the books.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread