+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4105849;
    I agree. That was pretty hard to swallow. There were just so many things about last night's episode that I didn't buy. What's wrong with the writers? Have they just gotten sloppy or are they trying to lose fans.

I used to love this show, but it is now beginning to annoy me.

I did like Debb standing up to her boss.

Who do you think comes into Dexter's house unannounced? Debb?
    That's who I was thinking. Thanks for the photo of Peter! Time sure hasn't been good to him.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4105885;
    That's who I was thinking. Thanks for the photo of Peter! Time sure hasn't been good to him.
    Assuming it is Debb who comes in, how are they going to explain a girl living there? Also, why do you think the neighbor guy who was in love with Dexter's wife hasn't noticed the woman living there and Dexter cominng by all the time. I would find that rather odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4105890;
    Assuming it is Debb who comes in, how are they going to explain a girl living there? Also, why do you think the neighbor guy who was in love with Dexter's wife hasn't noticed the woman living there and Dexter cominng by all the time. I would find that rather odd.
    This is part of the reason that I'm so irritated with this show! Why hasn't he covered all bases? Hasn't he considered that someone might notice her? Why hasn't he come up with some story that they could use, just incase. Maybe it's the next door neighbor that comes in. You know what? There are too many things going on. Too many story lines! Deb, Quinn, the cop guy, the nanny! Really I don't like having to worry about Dexter getting home on time and the nanny getting mad! BTW, do you recognize the nanny? She was Henry the 8th's first wife on "The Tudors", Katherine of Arragon. I keep thinking that something else HAS to happen with her or they're just wasting her talent.

There's a lot they want us to forgive in the show lately, and chalk it all up to Dexter's dumb luck. I'm guessing it wasn't so much that creepy cop had a super camera as it was that Dex and Lumen made yet another mistake and didn't go far enough out before they started dumping the security guy.

Dex has been so sloppy lately he barely resembles the guy that took down the ice truck killer.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4105898;
    There's a lot they want us to forgive in the show lately, and chalk it all up to Dexter's dumb luck. I'm guessing it wasn't so much that creepy cop had a super camera as it was that Dex and Lumen made yet another mistake and didn't go far enough out before they started dumping the security guy.

Dex has been so sloppy lately he barely resembles the guy that took down the ice truck killer.
    I know!!!!!! We've always felt that Dexter went way, way out BUT, even if he only went out a mile, no camera in the world could pick up those images at night (night vision or not), that clear, from a parked car. Anyway, how would the guy know where to look? It's a big ocean! They also seemed to be taken from up in the air looking down, how did he manage that? I need to go to other chat boards and find out how others feel about this!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4105920;
    I know!!!!!! We've always felt that Dexter went way, way out BUT, even if he only went out a mile, no camera in the world could pick up those images at night (night vision or not), that clear, from a parked car. Anyway, how would the guy know where to look? It's a big ocean! They also seemed to be taken from up in the air looking down, how did he manage that? I need to go to other chat boards and find out how others feel about this!

Yeah, I'm going over there too and check it out. My thoughts are that most viewers are like us and really fed up with the junk we have been given this season.

Does anyone actually know if they got new writers or not? I"m just curious as to what really happened.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4105663;
    What a frustrating episode! Laguerta is a snake and finally I think we are seeing the end of her and Angel. He's too good for her. Then that guy that Quinn hired-hate that guy! He's even worse than Quinn. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Dexter-once again sloppy, sloppy, sloppy! I guess we have to deal with this every season now. Hopefully Angel will follow through on backing up Deb, the new female cop will be exposed as a liar along with Laguerta and her career will be over, the slimy ex cop will kill Quinn and Dex will take out the ex cop, and Dex will finish up this Lumen thing and ship her off with her ex boyfriend.
    Or Lumen will take the ex-cop out. One way or another, this guy has got to go, whether by Dexter's, Lumen's, Quinn's or even Deb's hand. Or (and this just sprang into my head), somehow Dex manages to pin Jordan Chase's and the security guy's murders on him. Just a random thought.

Every time I start to like Laguerta, she does something really slimy to remind me why I didn't like her in the first place! Interesting character, though... wonder if she'll be around next season.

This season is shaping up nicely for me. It may have started kind of slowly, but this episode just sold me. I don't think that Dexter will continue to be sloppy forever. He's been acting on his emotions and has been very sloppy, but the near-misses this season will remind him why the code is so important and why acting from an emotional place is not to his advantage - plus, he is now teaching Lumen and will want to teach her the right way to do things. I am starting to like Lumen's character, though I'm not sure how I feel about her being a permanent partner to Dexter. I guess I'm still in a "wait and see" mode about that - I'm thinking that Dex is looking at her in that way, but I have a feeling she won't be around past this season. Either she'll be killed or decide to go back to her life once her tormentors are taken care of.

As far as Harrison is concerned, I think that Dex is watching him with a very critical eye, afraid that he will be like him and not so much trying to project himself onto his son. It would be very interesting to see Harrison grow up to be completely normal in spite of his rocky start.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4105897;
    This is part of the reason that I'm so irritated with this show! Why hasn't he covered all bases? Hasn't he considered that someone might notice her? Why hasn't he come up with some story that they could use, just incase. Maybe it's the next door neighbor that comes in. You know what? There are too many things going on. Too many story lines! Deb, Quinn, the cop guy, the nanny! Really I don't like having to worry about Dexter getting home on time and the nanny getting mad! BTW, do you recognize the nanny? She was Henry the 8th's first wife on "The Tudors", Katherine of Arragon. I keep thinking that something else HAS to happen with her or they're just wasting her talent.
    I'm not sure it matters if anybody (other than the people who would benefit from her death) knows that she is there. She's not there illegally and isn't wanted (that we know of) by the police. He is certainly entitled to have a friend and to help her out by allowing her to stay in a house that he owns.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I also alternate between liking the Lumen/Dexter combination and wanting her to go away after this season. She's either going to have to join him or die-he really can't have someone out there running around that knows EVERY aspect of his kills. She knows how he prepares a kill room, she knows how he dumps the bodies, she knows how he knocks them out, she simply knows far too much.

The thing is, once Lumen gets her revenge, will she be able to continue to assist Dexter or turn a blind eye to what he does? Once she gets her revenge will she regain a conscience? Most people will feel the need to try and heal and move on. Will her guilt become a problem for both herself and for Dexter?

As for Laguerta, they've always managed to make her someone you could love one minute and hate the next-someone you love mainly because she is Dexter's biggest champion. Person after person has come to her about Dexter and she always will side with Dexter. Then she sleeps with the captain's fiancee and drives her crazy while she slips right into her job. She marries Angel who, although he comes off as a bit of a doofus sometimes really has a heart of gold. We had hoped that they both had finally found what they needed. Now hopefully we will see the demise of what has turned out to be a less than perfect union. Honestly, Laguerta is dragging Angel down further than he's ever done to himself. I think Angel finally sees how much her career means more to her than anything, including him. She showed it when she did that sting on creepy cop as well as now. He's also seen it in the past. I think (or at least I hope) this is the last straw. He was very sweet with Deb last night, and you could see he always saw her as someone he admired as a person and as a cop. The same can't be said for his wife.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;4106009;
    I'm not sure it matters if anybody (other than the people who would benefit from her death) knows that she is there. She's not there illegally and isn't wanted (that we know of) by the police. He is certainly entitled to have a friend and to help her out by allowing her to stay in a house that he owns.
    Sure, but tell people, then it doesn't look like something weird is going on. Now they're going to suspect Dexter of killing Rita because (they'll think) that he had a girlfriend. The weird cop mentioned it.

+ Reply to Thread