+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I don't think she will be killed. That is too much pain for Dexter to bear. I think she will return home without exposing Dexter.

Julia Stiles' character has gotten better in the last couple of episodes, and it would be a strange twist if they did decide to make her Dex's new love interest for more than one season. I haven't read the books but it's been discussed here how Cody and Astor both are taught the code by Dexter. It would be interesting to see if they would flip that idea and instead leave Cody and Astor living out their lives with the grandparents while Harrison is raised by 2 parents who were "born in blood" as Dexter says. He's already expecting Harrison to develop a dark passenger.

What I don't want is more of Dexter cleaning up messes. Not his messes, not her messes, just no more huge mistakes. We need the no nonsense Dexter back in play.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I know that she filmed a final episode because she was on some talk show and said it. It's possible that she turns on Dexter. She's a sick person (because of all that's she's been through). She may decide that he's just as bad as the guys that tortured her. Have they mentioned how she got abducted in the first place? Maybe she was already brainwashed by that group and THEY cause her to turn on him. I'm hoping for a bit of a love story between them. She knows what he is and lets him go out and kill people while she stays at home watching the baby! Guess that I'm just a hopeless romantic!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4102660;
    I know that she filmed a final episode because she was on some talk show and said it. It's possible that she turns on Dexter. She's a sick person (because of all that's she's been through). She may decide that he's just as bad as the guys that tortured her. Have they mentioned how she got abducted in the first place? Maybe she was already brainwashed by that group and THEY cause her to turn on him. I'm hoping for a bit of a love story between them. She knows what he is and lets him go out and kill people while she stays at home watching the baby! Guess that I'm just a hopeless romantic!

According to Dexter: sometimes partners find us. That's a little oblique, but I think it's a clue that he is beginning to consider her a partner? I see them as a fit.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4102673;
    According to Dexter: sometimes partners find us. That's a little oblique, but I think it's a clue that he is beginning to consider her a partner? I see them as a fit.
    Yeah, I liked that! I wouldn't mind if she stuck around because it adds more to the character that I really care about. It adds some continuity to the story line. I really don't care about Deb AT ALL. I don't like her character AND I don't like the actress! Her hair ALWAYS looks dirty, she also looks anorexic AND (sorry) but she's just so ugly (Yes, I know, MY opinion) that I find it VERY,VERY hard to accept that sooooooo many men have fallen for her! She also has such a god awful personality (Yes, I know that it's how it's written) I have NEVER been able to "get" into her. In real life.... I'm happy that Dexter(Michael) really did fall in love with her BUT I still feel that another (better) actress would have been more convincing in the role. I've been yelling at my TV (at her) for years, now! On another note, I think that they have given other (better) actors REALLY bad story lines. I don't care if Batista and the captain/whatever she is/wife work things out! I LOVED them on "OZ" (especially Batista) but not on this show. I think that writing is to blame. Last season had Keith Carradine and John Lithgow, both great actors and this season we get "What's her name". If she was "just" a regular I wouldn't mind but so far, this season has left me hangin'.

tvaholic, you crack me up! I don't care about the Batista storyline, but every once in awhile, he will say something that makes me like him. Most of the time, he acts too clueless.

I do like Debb though and it's not because we share the name. LOL You're right about all the things you said about her appearance, but it adds to her charm I think. You know how Mick Jagger is not classically handsome, but many women find him sexy and irresistable? I think sometimes, confidence and presonality carry you a long way. Besides, I have known women who always seemed to have a man interested in them and I had to wonder why. It's something to ponder. Plus, I think her character shows no hesitation acting on her hormones and I like that.! LOL

Julia Stiles is growing on me. I think she will improve if the writing does.

I don't like them having Dexter project murderous traits onto Harrison. That makes me furious. It may be in the books that he teaches the children, but I don't want to see it. Dexter knows the pain that having this dark passenger has caused him. It controls his life 24/7. He can't even sit down and watch tv or have a meal without being hounded with this thing. With that in mind he needs to do everything in his power to NOT project it onto his son.

If he really loved his son, he would not talk to him about going human hunting. (Even though he's little, he can pick up on the energy.) He does not need to take the child with him to do research and use as his cover. The child is picking up on his energy. IMO it is just perversion to utilize Harrison in anyway with the killings. Dexter needs to extablish positive and non-violent conduct, language and energy around Harrison and stop running this self emposed, fatalistic, attribution that Harrison will be like him. I just want that to STOP. I don't find it amusing.

I agree with you on the Harrison thing Debb, but at the same time it's the parallel of what Harry did to Dexter. (and duh @ me because it's the first time I put Harrison/Harry together) It's bad parenting 101, what was done to me is what I learned and will pass on to you. Dexter is still under the impression that what Harry did for him was a positive thing.. had Harry steered him in another direction he probably wouldn't be the person he is today. Harry told him he couldn't feel or love or connect with other people, yet every relationship Dexter has proves Harry wrong. Dexter needed duct tape, Harry took him apart piece by piece and reassembled him with parts missing and others added.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4103045;
    I don't like them having Dexter project murderous traits onto Harrison. That makes me furious. It may be in the books that he teaches the children, but I don't want to see it. Dexter knows the pain that having this dark passenger has caused him. It controls his life 24/7. He can't even sit down and watch tv or have a meal without being hounded with this thing. With that in mind he needs to do everything in his power to NOT project it onto his son. If he really loved his son, he would not talk to him about going human hunting. (Even though he's little, he can pick up on the energy.) He does not need to take the child with him to do research and use as his cover. The child is picking up on his energy. IMO it is just perversion to utilize Harrison in anyway with the killings. Dexter needs to extablish positive and non-violent conduct, language and energy around Harrison and stop running this self emposed, fatalistic, attribution that Harrison will be like him. I just want that to STOP. I don't find it amusing.
    The whole concept IS perverse, though. It's black humour, very originally and brilliantly executed (pardon the pun). Having Harrison as an angelic-looking, smiling little blonde child just reinforces it. I keep harping on the Dexter of the book series, who is far darker than Michael C Hall's Dexter (FWIW, I adore Hall and I think he's a perfect choice, and judging from the way he plays the violent scenes I don't believe he would shy away from playing up the darker side to Dexter's true character). Dexter isn't supposed to be a good guy. I haven't read the latest Dexter book, which I expect will expand more on Astor & Cody's muderous tendencies. Naturally we wouldn't want killer kids IRL but it's a clever, entertaining plot twist. There's no social or politically correct subtext to the series. No offense, but I think this is reading way too much into the plotlines.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4103910;
    The whole concept IS perverse, though. It's black humour, very originally and brilliantly executed (pardon the pun). Having Harrison as an angelic-looking, smiling little blonde child just reinforces it. I keep harping on the Dexter of the book series, who is far darker than Michael C Hall's Dexter (FWIW, I adore Hall and I think he's a perfect choice, and judging from the way he plays the violent scenes I don't believe he would shy away from playing up the darker side to Dexter's true character). Dexter isn't supposed to be a good guy. I haven't read the latest Dexter book, which I expect will expand more on Astor & Cody's muderous tendencies. Naturally we wouldn't want killer kids IRL but it's a clever, entertaining plot twist. There's no social or politically correct subtext to the series. No offense, but I think this is reading way too much into the plotlines.
    Yeah! There's no way for the Dexter story to be sanitized, sterilized, or tied up in a pretty bow. It's not supposed to be pretty. Thank God it IS fiction!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

You might be right AJane. I am VERY touchy when it comes to kids welfare. I find it difficult to find humor or amusement in issues that may harm kids, even as a fictional topic. I hope it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of Dexter. LOL

Do you watch Nurse Jackie? I get ticked off in that show too when it comes to the kids. AND Weeds. What's the deal with Showtime and kids? LOL

+ Reply to Thread