+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4092423;
    It is fun speculating, and I also think she's hiding something. It will be strange for Dexter to have a woman on his table. He's had one (I think it's only been one) in the past, but post Rita it should be interesting to see how he would handle killing a woman. If the story line comes to that, for me that would be the most interesting aspect of it.

If her acting and script doesn't get better, I think I will laugh through any scene with her on the table. LOL It's not just me either. Over on the Showtime boards, lots of posters are complaining. They are VERY disappointed with the script and her character.

I do feel for Julia. It's not her fault. THey gave her the script and little direction. It was up to them to redo the scenes until they worked. Still, she has to know that such a popular show with high acclaim is now geting trashed as the worst season ever and her name comes up a lot.

She's always acted in a similar manner. Her range of facial reactions certainly isn't strong and it's not helping that there is a clear lack of direction.

I enjoy Dexter, but so far this season, I have not been impressed. Quinn is irritating the heck out of me. It seems there's always someone who has to suspect Dexter, but why does he have to be such an aggravating character?!

You're right about the people who suspect Dexter being annoying. Remember how annoying Rita got when she was snooping on him and questioning him about things. She was a real witch and many posters said they wanted her out of there. Well, they got their wish. I didn't want her dead, but she was kinda a pain in the neck for awhile.

I looked at Julia Stiles body of work list. The girl has lots of experience. She was in the Bourne movies and also performed in theratre work with Jimmy Smits a few years ago! How about that.

She has had enough experience to make that job on Dexter work a little better. The more I think about it, even with the lack of direction shouldn't matter that much. She's better than that. Wonder what the problem was?

I can't believe that I'm saying this BUT I turned it off after about 15 minutes! When they were going to put the body in his car and Deb had arrived at the scene...... I couldn't take it! I liked smart, careful Dexter. I can't stand this thing that keeps going on with him almost getting caught and then he gives some excuse and then gets out of it. Well, that's what I figured was going to happen, I don't know, I didn't stick around to find out! I'm also not liking the whole Quinn story line. Last night they mentioned Dexter going to Paris so now what? Is Quinn going to figure out the Lyla (name?) connection? AND one more thing (as long as I'm complaining) I HATE the whole story line with Angel and the wife. I really don't care about those two. I'm surprised that I feel this way because I was a HUGE fan of "OZ" and they were both on it. I was happy that they were on this show but those characters just leave me cold! Anyway, I miss the "old" Dexter! What happened?

tvaholic, I'm sorry you missed the show, because I missed it too. I was out of town visiting family and they don't have Showtime. I plan to watch it tonight on demand. I'll post then.

I happen to agree. They are veering way, way too far from what Dexter is supposed to be (though the chase scene with the guy's plastic wrap unravelling was pretty funny). The only character that's staying true to form is Deb.

I have to admit, though, that the Vince character always makes me laugh. I always enjoy his scenes. He's great comic relief.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It seems as if the Dexter (tortured, conscientious, evil/moral) we've come to know and love has changed. He's let Lumen completely into his life. The scene with her in the bathtub where Rita was murdered is more than enough to convince me of that.

I think it's also evidence that this is the last season for Dex.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I actually liked this last episode better than any so far this season. I don't care about Batista and his wife at all. That's boring. I also don't care about the serial killer that Deb is hunting for. That's so not interesting.
    Even Quinn is not as interesting.
    I don't care about Luman. She could disappear and it wouldn't matter to me. It's really sad. I do care about Dexter and Harrison and the nannie.
    Something is wrong with that picture.

I did laugh outloud in the scene where the guy Dex has wrapped in plastic got out of his car and ran across the parking lot. That was hysterical!!!!! Loman said, "Who's that?" That was so funny. Of course, then we have all those little details that make the entire thing implausible. Like won't they still do an autopsy? Wouldn't it be odd that both died of a broken neck? And how did they get there? And what about the drugs in the naked guy's system?

Oh, does anyone know where Dexter gets the knockout drugs from?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4096461;
    Of course, then we have all those little details that make the entire thing implausible. Like won't they still do an autopsy? Wouldn't it be odd that both died of a broken neck? And how did they get there? And what about the drugs in the naked guy's system?
    No kidding! But I suppose if we're supposed to buy the fact that Lumen just knew he was one of the guys, and that we're supposed to buy Dexter just letting her completely into his life like that, these are just small questions in comparison, right?.... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4096461;
    I actually liked this last episode better than any so far this season. I don't care about Batista and his wife at all. That's boring. I also don't care about the serial killer that Deb is hunting for. That's so not interesting.
    Even Quinn is not as interesting.
    I don't care about Luman. She could disappear and it wouldn't matter to me. It's really sad. I do care about Dexter and Harrison and the nannie.
    Something is wrong with that picture.

I did laugh outloud in the scene where the guy Dex has wrapped in plastic got out of his car and ran across the parking lot. That was hysterical!!!!! Loman said, "Who's that?" That was so funny. Of course, then we have all those little details that make the entire thing implausible. Like won't they still do an autopsy? Wouldn't it be odd that both died of a broken neck? And how did they get there? And what about the drugs in the naked guy's system?

Oh, does anyone know where Dexter gets the knockout drugs from?
    M99 is a veterinary drug, strictly controlled, and everyone who gets it is known. Masuka had found out the drug was used on Dexter's victims back when they had the Bay Harbor Butcher case. He had mentioned that fact to Dexter and also that he had gotten a list of the people in the area who had gotten that drug and that their suspect was on the list. Dexter got into Masuka's email and erased the fake name he gave so it couldn't be led back to him. I am assuming he has since resumed getting it the same way since not just anyone can get it.

I thought that scene was funny as well. I just couldn't believe Dexter would drive around with a sedated victim--he really is getting so sloppy, not to mention letting in Lumen. Unless this is a plot hole, I think she is hiding something--I also don't find it believable that she identifies the guy just by his smell. I can't believe he is letting her completely into his life and know everything about him. I also wouldn't mind if Julia Stiles would go away. I want to know if there is something dark about the nanny or if she is really that perfect. Maybe he is becoming unhinged after Rita's death or as they talk about on Criminal Minds, becoming "disorganized".

+ Reply to Thread