+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 107 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Desmond Harrington (Quinn) joined Dexter in the 3rd season. I noticed last season that he was looking different but I couldn't put my finger on it but he must have already started with the weight loss. I tried to find some info on it but all I found was that EVERYONE (who watches the show) is asking the same question. He needs to do an interview about it!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4087998;
    Desmond Harrington (Quinn) joined Dexter in the 3rd season. I noticed last season that he was looking different but I couldn't put my finger on it but he must have already started with the weight loss. I tried to find some info on it but all I found was that EVERYONE (who watches the show) is asking the same question. He needs to do an interview about it!
    He should issue a statement. If he went into a health phase then he should look muscular, but he doesn't look muscular, he looks frail. His clothes are falling off of him and it doesn't look healthy. I hope he knows that if he is doing it on purpose. If it's a medical condition that he can't help, then that's different story. You know, it's not just women who have eating disorders. I wouldn't rule that out. You never know.

Huh...Micheal C Hall is recovering from cancer and he looks better/healthier than Desmond Harrington. Actually, he looks great.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4088095;
    Huh...Micheal C Hall is recovering from cancer and he looks better/healthier than Desmond Harrington. Actually, he looks great.
    No kidding! He never even looked sick!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4088143;
    No kidding! He never even looked sick!
    I remeber him accepting his Emmy in his tuxedo and a stocking cap, after losing his hair during chemo.

It's so good he made it through, and to see him looking so well!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

This season is driving me crazy with all of the complications with Dexter and his kills. Has one gone as planned at all this season?

Next week is an even bigger screw up. I'm sure somehow it will turn out okay though.

Cannot believe he's trusting Julia Styles so much. Quinn hooking up with the dirty cop. Angel adding a nail to the coffin of his relationship with Laguerta. Deb yet again sleeping with the wrong man. Harrison and his thirst for blood (I found that part funny- love Dexter's analysis of Harrison's scratching). Who raped Julia Styles if the guy she had been stalking had nothing to do with it? Time will tell.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4090736;
    This season is driving me crazy with all of the complications with Dexter and his kills. Has one gone as planned at all this season?

Next week is an even bigger screw up. I'm sure somehow it will turn out okay though.

Cannot believe he's trusting Julia Styles so much. Quinn hooking up with the dirty cop. Angel adding a nail to the coffin of his relationship with Laguerta. Deb yet again sleeping with the wrong man. Harrison and his thirst for blood (I found that part funny- love Dexter's analysis of Harrison's scratching). Who raped Julia Styles if the guy she had been stalking had nothing to do with it? Time will tell.

What struck me about the last episode was how much I disliked it. I kept thinking how terrible it was. I finally concluded that it is a combination of things. One thing is Julia Styles acting. I could not buy her character. I found it disjointed and unbelievable. It was like she was straight out of acting class. I also think the writing is bad. I think Julia certainly needs better direction in her role. I actually changed the channel twice during the show! I never do that in Dexter. If they don't turn it around soon, they are going to lose some fans and any chance of more awards. So far this season, I just have not been impressed.

I admit also to it being a bit of a let down for me so far. I have hope that like always it will pick up as the story plays on. Julia Stiles does fall a bit short, but that could be because she is following a season that featured a chilling John Lithgow and a series that has had awesome acting by Jimmy Smits as well. Even the actor who played Boyd (Shawn Hatosy) fit very well into that character. Would have liked to see a bit more play out between he and Dexter before he ended up on Dex's table.

Part of it may be that once an actor is placed in a "box" of sorts they have to truly "act" themselves out of it. I can think back to seasons past where some were skeptical that Jimmy Smits would be able to pull off the Miguel character. Others thought Lithgow was more a comedic actor(I always thought both would be brilliant). The one that got me, actually, was Jesse Borrego from "Fame" as the skinner. We had plenty of jokes in here about waiting for him to break out into song and dance but he did well as a creepy killer. I'm not so sure I'm going to get that same picture out of my mind with Stiles. She's just the "Save the Last dance" girl playing at tortured rape victim for now. I'm waiting for the moment when I "feel" her in this character's skin.

Perhaps Dexter needs to go back to just having actors that may not be so familiar posing a problem for Dexter. For example, one of the best seasons was Dex against his brother the ice truck killer. Maybe all of these big name players are becoming a bit of a distraction. A little less of the stumbling, bumbling Dexter and more of the guy that could take these killers on toe to toe and not come out on top with luck playing such a huge factor for him.

-Unknown Author-

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I, too, can't wait to get our cold, calculating Dexter back, but I understand where he is at. And I understand where his father was coming from when he said that Dexter had just done the most human (notice he didn't say "humane") thing when he killed the guy in the bathroom. Dexter is coming from a place of anger (a very human emotion - something he doesn't normally do) rather than his usual place of needing to feed his dark passenger. He wants revenge because of Rita's death and until he gets past that, he's gonna make mistakes. He's always been so efficient because emotion doesn't play into his game plan - at least it hasn't before now. (I guess it's part of the stages of "grief" of a psychopath?) Luck has played a huge part for Dexter so far, but I don't think that's gonna last. He's going to have to snap out of it and start cleaning up all the loose ends he's left lying around.

I've never really seen Julia Stiles in anything else, so I don't have any preconceived notions about her. Her acting isn't really a problem for me, I just see her as a real problem for him, and someone he's gonna have to deal with with force (or marry ). There's way more to her than we have any idea about yet, I think. Maybe she isn't as innocent as we think, and Dexter won't have any qualms about doing away with her? Or she'll end up crossing paths with Quinn and she'll do away with him? It's fun speculating.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

It is fun speculating, and I also think she's hiding something. It will be strange for Dexter to have a woman on his table. He's had one (I think it's only been one) in the past, but post Rita it should be interesting to see how he would handle killing a woman. If the story line comes to that, for me that would be the most interesting aspect of it.

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread