+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I heard that in the books Cody and Astor are taught the code by Dexter as well. Don't know about Harrison but with the way his mother died he would be a logical choice (using Dexter's logic) to teach the code as well. Don't know how that storyline would play for me so that's why I was glad when they were sent away last week.

Thought about getting into the books but heard, as you said, they were far different. I enjoy the tv show so much I didn't know if I'd enjoy the differences as much in the book. Now you have me interested again.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, the books do seem like the way for me to go--it's truly bizarre that I come here to "follow" Dexter still, just because of that one exposure!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Yes, Dexter does begin training Astor & Cody in the books - they are definitely not the kids they are on the show. You know, I saw the show first and read the books after 2 or 3 seasons. I like them both in spite of the differences... though I will say the 3rd book was very different and ventured into an entirely new area. I'm still not sure what I think about that one.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Something bugs me about that new female cop since episode 1. Perhaps this show just doesn't let me trust anyone-lol.

Well we get to see Julia Styles enter the picture tonight. Will be interesting to see what Dexter does with his current situation.

Dex is making quite a few mistakes.

We had a Dr. Laurie reference. Wonder if that was a little shout out to "House".

Loved Dex's apron. Don't like that Angel is having problems- especially problems that have any connection to his relationship with Laguerta.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-10-2010 at 11:46 PM.

-Unknown Author-

Yep, I have a feeling the female cop is the one murdering/beheading people. Wonder how long it will be before they figure it out. Can't wait to see how Dexter gets out of this mess. Love this show!

Wow what a mess in killing that road-kill guy! Dexter is so lucky that a passing driver noticed him lying there and called the authorities. If the other guy had woken up first....And how funny to see how they both lied in the ambulance, backing up each other's stories, then both high tailed it out of the hospital with the same thought in mind!
    I couldnt help but wonder if last week, Dexter killed the animal he called about in order to meet the sanitation guy. Also had the feeling that he was going to tell Dexter something he should know.
    The babysitter gave me the creeps--she seems too perfect.

Loved last night's show. A few parts made me very jumpy though. Has Dexter lost his mind? He jabs a needle into the guy's neck when the guy has a tranquilizer gun in his hand? That's not smart.

Also, last night Dexter was walking around prior to killing the guy with no gloves on! What? It's foreseeable LE would print the house if the guy turns up missing. What's with that?

Also, why do no background check on the nanny? That is BIZARRE. Deb makes an offhand comment like wonder what she's running from in Ireland! You should know everything about the woman and her background in Ireland. I find it difficult to buy that. She could have been sent there by some killer who Dexter killed. Remember the woman whom Dexter went to England to kill because she set her house on fire with the kids inside? The nanny could be her mother. You never know. If the writers let something happen to Harrison, like go missing, and I will never watch the show again. That's just too cruel.

I realize that everybody loves Angel, but I have never liked him, at all... IMO he comes off as an idiot. He's not that bright IMO and I would have no problem if he was ousted from the force. I realize his wife loves him, but he is a liablity to her.

The cop who is secretly on Dexter's trail, (I can't recall his name), really looks odd. I now see what everybody is taking about. He lookds like he had his face completely redone, the bone structure and everything. What's up with that? Hope it wasn't a medical condition or something.

Right! I forgot to mention the nanny. That did seem really off, and yes she seems a bit too perfect. I wonder if something horrible will come out about her and she will end up on Dex's table. Weird that a guy who is so paranoid that he didn't think she may have taken Harrison out for a walk would not have that place overloaded with nanny cams.

For the last couple of seasons Dexter has been a bit off his game and he's getting more and more sloppy. I miss my mean, lean, bad guy killing machine. This thing with Julia Styles is a complete mess in the making. He kills the guy in the bathroom without attempting to cover up anything. He ends up in the ambulance with his last victim-leaving yet another gang of people who saw Dex and can connect him with a missing person.

I hate to say that Dexter is becoming less and less believeable, but I just hate that he has this ongoing anonymity. This is a guy who works for the police dept. His wife is killed, allegedly by a serial killer who has gotten away with murder for decades and was connected to the death of an FBI agent. His son is found covered in her blood. NOTHING is on the news-NOTHING is in the papers. A story like that would have the grieving husband splashed all over the place. Not a peep. Nobody recognizes him. At least make it close to real life. A story like that would have made national news. They make it seem like this is not even local news. The man walks around pretending to be someone new every ten seconds and nobody recognizes the guy-EVER. That's the one thing that annoys me just a bit about this series.

I've always had a soft spot for Angel. He's got a good heart. Add that to the fact that Laguerta had the hots for Dexter, and guy who was engaged to her boss, and seemed to be constantly on the prowl and looking for something. It was nice to see her find it.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-11-2010 at 07:09 PM.

-Unknown Author-

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Any thoughts on what Boyd meant when he told Dexter, "You don't know what you're getting involved in" ? Do you think that the witness Dexter has on his hands was Boyd's captive and next victim?

Boyd said his victims wanted to be put out of their misery. I'm wondering what Dexter has stumbled into
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4082099;
    Any thoughts on what Boyd meant when he told Dexter, "You don't know what you're getting involved in" ? Do you think that the witness Dexter has on his hands was Boyd's captive and next victim?

Boyd said his victims wanted to be put out of their misery. I'm wondering what Dexter has stumbled into
    Good question. You would think that Dexter would have learned to listen to his victims, before killing them, but he keeps making the same mistakes.

When Boyd said he was helping them, it made me wonder if these people were terminally ill and could not commit suicide so they came to him to be put out of their misery or it could be somehow linked to that church the guy is into. Perhaps it's some money thing involving the church. At any rate, Dexter should have listened so he knew what he was getting into.

In away this season is so much like a previous one. Quinn is like Doakes and so is Julia Stiles in that he will keep her captive to keep her quiet. Recall Dexter did the same thing with Doakes after he discovered Dexter's secrets. Why a repeat? I'm not amused.

I agree with KeepitReal about Dexter getting recognized. When they conduct an investigation into Boyd who is missing, they will discover that he was taken to the ER recently with another guy and the trail leads to a sketch of Dexter. HOWEVER, perhaps Boyd gave an assumed name to the ambulance and ER and there is no record of it. Who knows. IT's frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread