+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

My husband and I can't get over how different Quinn looks this season. Obviously he's lost weight, and he's a bit too tanned, but my husband swears it looks like he's had plastic surgery as well.

Seeing as how they had to kill off Rita, I'm delighted Astor & Cody left. I didn't care for daddy Dexter - it's too far of a departure from what he's supposed to be. I like the darker Dexter from the book series.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It seems that Astor was not very well liked by viewers. I have read elsewhere that they were not impressed with the actor's skills. I must say I agree. The overacting by the actor was very obvious and unwelcome IMO. If they return, I hope we see a new Astor. Cody was prone to overact as well.

I thought Qunn looked different, but didn't pay much attention to it. I really don't like the guy. I hate how his storyline is just a duplicate of Doakes. Why are they doing that? Same old, same old.....

I hope the kids stay away as well, but expect to see them back. I hope if or when they do return their roles are minimal.

There is something far more swarmy and off about Quinn than there was about Doakes. Sure, Doakes had all of that Special Ops history, but while he had a lot of untapped backstory the guy was pretty dark but straightforward. In a weird way he and Dexter had a lot in common. Quinn would be on the other side of the law. The guy seems to straddle a dark side that would be far more crime ridden than Doakes' was. When Doakes died we were sort of glad he did because he was so hell bent on bringing down Dexter, but his character was not truly unlikeable. Quinn has a yuck factor that we can't quite put our finger on just yet but I anticipate it will come out this season. I don't think Dexter's code will get in the way of having to take Quinn out the way that it did when he had to figure out what to do with Doakes (before Lila handled it for him). I think Quinn has the ability to kill to get something he wants. That will relieve Dexter of the burden of the code.

Debb- I think they are two different killers. The killer that Dexter is trailing doesn't operate the same way the one the dept. is looking at does.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Thanks KeepitReal. I was thinking that the one Dexter is after looks like he puts the entire body in the drum. The one the dept is after had a decapitated head with body in bushes and a dead husband in one piece at home. I think what threw me was the guy collecting hair samples and then the decapitated woman with no eyes. Both were kind of cult like.

That's true. Dexter has never dealt with a team of killers that I can remember. Perhaps this season will be his first time taking on a team-though the guy with the hair collection seems VERY solitary.

-Unknown Author-

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4077624;
    I hope the kids stay away as well, but expect to see them back. I hope if or when they do return their roles are minimal.

There is something far more swarmy and off about Quinn than there was about Doakes. Sure, Doakes had all of that Special Ops history, but while he had a lot of untapped backstory the guy was pretty dark but straightforward. In a weird way he and Dexter had a lot in common. Quinn would be on the other side of the law. The guy seems to straddle a dark side that would be far more crime ridden than Doakes' was. When Doakes died we were sort of glad he did because he was so hell bent on bringing down Dexter, but his character was not truly unlikeable. Quinn has a yuck factor that we can't quite put our finger on just yet but I anticipate it will come out this season. I don't think Dexter's code will get in the way of having to take Quinn out the way that it did when he had to figure out what to do with Doakes (before Lila handled it for him). I think Quinn has the ability to kill to get something he wants. That will relieve Dexter of the burden of the code.

Debb- I think they are two different killers. The killer that Dexter is trailing doesn't operate the same way the one the dept. is looking at does.
    I'm thinking that season 5 is going to be about Quinn (and Deb) finding out that Dexter killed Trinity and that Deb is going to be faced with the murder of Quinn - by her or by Dexter. Either way, if there is a season 6, it will be about how Dexter deals with the outcome. Just my speculation.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I hope Deb doesn't find out about Dexter. The Dexter as a family man storyline already threw things way off balance. I hope the aftermath of that storyline doesn't ruin it any further.

-Unknown Author-

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4078721;
    I hope Deb doesn't find out about Dexter. The Dexter as a family man storyline already threw things way off balance. I hope the aftermath of that storyline doesn't ruin it any further.
    In the books, Deb knows about Dexter. But then, there are a lot of things in the book that are different.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I don't know how they'll change it up, but I don't think the Quinn storyline will mirror that of Doakes. Stands to reason, though, that in a station full of cops someone is going to question Dexter's activities.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;4079722;
    In the books, Deb knows about Dexter. But then, there are a lot of things in the book that are different.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I don't know how they'll change it up, but I don't think the Quinn storyline will mirror that of Doakes. Stands to reason, though, that in a station full of cops someone is going to question Dexter's activities.
    And she's ok with it? I really should get the books since I can't see the shows... Got hooked during that one writer's strike period when NBC showed the first season.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4080031;
    And she's ok with it? I really should get the books since I can't see the shows... Got hooked during that one writer's strike period when NBC showed the first season.
    That's how I got hooked too. Luckily, I have Showtime so I am able to watch.

No, Deb isn't really okay with it, she's pretty much torn between her loyalty to Dexter and her duty as a cop. You should check out the books - easy reading, but they do differ significantly from the show.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

+ Reply to Thread