+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 107 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4071303;
    I don't know-the way everyone was acting felt a bit normal. Everyone was thrown for a complete loop, so I didn't expect everyone to be in character. It even made sense to me that Quinn doesn't trust Dexter. Quinn and Dexter don't have the best past history. It does, however, feel like Doakes pt. 2 as someone said-though I doubt that Quinn will be as "innocent" as Doakes was. Quinn always did seem to leave a bit of a slime trail, and Dexter already caught him with his hand in the cookie jar.

The Masuka line seemed a bit "icky" but it did serve a purpose-those blood analyst guys just don't see these scenes the way the average person does, not even the average homocide detective who has seen a ton. I think it's the reason why some don't find Dexter's behavior that strange. Quinn's deal is far more personal with Dexter.

Dexter's last kill seemed to be Dexter moving towards a much darker side. His conscience died when Rita died. It gives him a reason to step outside of the code with less justification. It's that whole line they showed in the upcoming episode of "Dexter doing what makes Dexter feel good". He gives this smile that just lets us know that the kills are going to be quick and much more satisfying. I think Harry's code is going to become very blurry to him. Harry didn't even show up until the end of the episode. No guidance. Dexter was running on his own emotions and was reckless. I think we're in for a wild ride of Deter doing what makes him feel better, Harry trying to get him back to following the code, and Rita's memory haunting him, forcing him to need a "fix" by going after another brutal kill.

You may be right about this season being about Dexter making himself happy, but I don't see how that will amuse me. What amused me is that Dexter got me on his side as a viewer because he was doing the public a service by taking down these violent killers when LE couldn't do it. All except once, he was sure his prey was guilty and derserving. If he abandons that MO, then I'm not sure I will want to watch him anymore. Then he would become just another killer instead of a protector of society. I see no fun in watching him just killing to feel good.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4071313;
    Paul Bennett died in season 2 in prison. Dexter did mess him up with drugs which put him back in jail, but the prey stalked on their first date wasn't Rita's husband. He was probably in jail for beating Rita at the time of their first date...
    Thank you! I missed the first 2 seasons.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4071650;
    You may be right about this season being about Dexter making himself happy, but I don't see how that will amuse me. What amused me is that Dexter got me on his side as a viewer because he was doing the public a service by taking down these violent killers when LE couldn't do it. All except once, he was sure his prey was guilty and derserving. If he abandons that MO, then I'm not sure I will want to watch him anymore. Then he would become just another killer instead of a protector of society. I see no fun in watching him just killing to feel good.
    I have faith in the writers of the series. They have in the past had Dexter straddle a line that was rather uncomfortable but he always fell back and respected the code. I do think he may find the kills more satisfying in that in some way it's going to be his way to release his pain and anger. I don't think he'll go around killing jerks in the bathroom, I think he has a city full of true criminals to choose from so we don't have to worry about Dexter going too far outside the code.

The thing I'm hoping for is that we don't have to deal with too much of the guilt ridden Dexter theme. I expect the tug of war a little between Rita's memory and Harry's memory but Harry's code has been with him his entire life and I expect it to win in the end.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

KeepitReal,

I hope you're right. I'll give it time. I want that clever writing, twists and turns and little surprises that really getcha. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4072028;
    I have faith in the writers of the series. They have in the past had Dexter straddle a line that was rather uncomfortable but he always fell back and respected the code. I do think he may find the kills more satisfying in that in some way it's going to be his way to release his pain and anger. I don't think he'll go around killing jerks in the bathroom, I think he has a city full of true criminals to choose from so we don't have to worry about Dexter going too far outside the code.

The thing I'm hoping for is that we don't have to deal with too much of the guilt ridden Dexter theme. I expect the tug of war a little between Rita's memory and Harry's memory but Harry's code has been with him his entire life and I expect it to win in the end.
    You raise the key point, I think. My impression of his relationship with Rita was that she loved him more than he did her. She was like a "cover" for him, a way to fit into civilized society while being a serial killer. He seemed much more caring and tender toward her kids than her - and then, of course, to their son, Harry. He seemed to always be in a quandary as to how he could "be" a family man and still live by his code.

So, now, his grief seems to be all about guilt to me. I really hope it's not his emotional fulcrum this season.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Rather uneventful Dexter this week. We met his next kill, and saw the work of his likely "big kill" of this season. I've always found Quinn unlikeable-no doubt I'll like him less than ever this season. Dex gets a break from the older kids for a bit and showed some emotion for a second. Growing pains for Angel and Laguerta as a couple-hope the writers let this marriage work because I really like them as a couple. Funny watching Masuka do Dexter's job. Decent episode-more of a buildup for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-04-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Has anything been announced whether there will be another season of Dexter or if this will be the last? It is looking like Quinn is going to get really close to the truth this season (if previews are to be believed) and if this is the last season, will Quin bring Dexter down? I just really hope they don't make that a Sgt. Doakes part 2.

I missed last night's episode. I was out of town and they didn't have Showtime there. I'm going to catch in on demand as soon as it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4076365;
    Has anything been announced whether there will be another season of Dexter or if this will be the last? It is looking like Quinn is going to get really close to the truth this season (if previews are to be believed) and if this is the last season, will Quin bring Dexter down? I just really hope they don't make that a Sgt. Doakes part 2.
    I haven't read or heard anything official, but hey... it already has a website.

Dexter Season 6

I watched episode two On Demand last night. It was much better than episode one, I must say.

Who's going to look after Harrison when Dexter has to go out to do business after dark? Will he actually get a house or apt or keep living with Deb. Will the other kids ever come back?

Is the murderer Dexter stumbled upon the same one the dept is working now or a separate one?

Does anyone think there could be any chance that the neigbor was involved in Rita's murder and made it look like Trinity or was it really Trinity?

+ Reply to Thread