+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Oh good, I was worried that you skipped over season 3. I was fascinated in season 3 by Dexter's relationship with Miguel Prado. It really laid the groundwork for him to lose sight of his "code" with Trinity in season 4. The scene were Miguel killed someone while Dexter watched was so creepy! It was then, I think, that he started letting his guard down a little because he finally had someone he could sort of relate to. If it hadn't been for what he went through with Miguel, I don't think Dexter would have ever tried to get to know Trinity instead of just killing him as soon as he was onto him. He got sloppy and Rita had to pay the price. I think we'll see a different Dexter in season 5. I suspect that he will become cold and withdrawn again, since developing feelings and relationships was what caused him to stray from his rules that had kept him safe for so long.

I agree, Harry probably could have had Dexter rehabilitated, but then we wouldn't have this show!

Also love, love, love LaGuerta and Angel as a couple. I've thought Angel was just a doll from the beginning. Can't wait for season 5!!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I wonder what will happen with the kids next season, it would be nice if Aster and Cody went to live with the grandparents, then Dexter only has to juggle Harrison.
    I'm glad that they wrap up each season's killer.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Sociopaths are so complex. Still we don't know what makes them. Is it genetic or a traumatic event? There are sociopaths who grow up in nice families with no trauma, so how did they get it? Were they born that way? Great topic for debate.

I am very curious as to how they will handle the child issue. Dexter may feel his family is in too much danger living with him. He may want to ship them off to live with relatives for awhile. I think that raising 3 kids, working full time as a crime tech and full time killer is a bit much. LOL Of course, maybe he will get Rita's mom to come live with him to care for the kids full time. He can than have more free time.

I bet Deb moves in with Dexter and the kids to help. I wonder if Astor and Cody will stay there?

I bet they do...they love Dexter. It would be awful to lose their mom and Dexter and Harrison too.
    Ain't Love Grand!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3928854;
    Oh good, I was worried that you skipped over season 3. I was fascinated in season 3 by Dexter's relationship with Miguel Prado. It really laid the groundwork for him to lose sight of his "code" with Trinity in season 4. The scene were Miguel killed someone while Dexter watched was so creepy! It was then, I think, that he started letting his guard down a little because he finally had someone he could sort of relate to. If it hadn't been for what he went through with Miguel, I don't think Dexter would have ever tried to get to know Trinity instead of just killing him as soon as he was onto him. He got sloppy and Rita had to pay the price. I think we'll see a different Dexter in season 5. I suspect that he will become cold and withdrawn again, since developing feelings and relationships was what caused him to stray from his rules that had kept him safe for so long.

I agree, Harry probably could have had Dexter rehabilitated, but then we wouldn't have this show!

Also love, love, love LaGuerta and Angel as a couple. I've thought Angel was just a doll from the beginning. Can't wait for season 5!!
    The question is, does Dexter learn anything from that about how to handle this similar incident?

Since Deb works, and probably works odd hours I don't know how much help she can be, but I guess anyone is better than trying to do it alone.

Julia Stiles is officially on this season:

Julia Stiles joins "Dexter" - Yahoo! News

I like her, she'll be good.

The article says she plays a mysterious young woman who forms a unique bond with Dexter in the wake of Rita's death.

Maybe she'll play an employee of the funeral home handling Rita's funeral...or maybe someone he meets in a support group for people who lost loved ones to violence.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Mysterious young woman....hmmmmm? Wouldn't it be fun if she's a serial killer herself? A cross between Dexter's dark side and Rita's nurturing side.

All I know is that I'm looking for Dexter to do some major damage next season. Can't see them having him fall in love again this soon (if ever). Can't see them doing the partners in crime thing again (look how well that went when he tried it with Jimmy Smits). Maybe she's there for the kids in some capacity, and has a dark side of her own. Perhaps a counselor who thinks that Dexter may have done some harm to Rita, and begins to hunt him. I don't expect that with so many things left pointing towards Dexter at the end of last season that there won't be some amount of fallout for Dexter to deal with.

Okay, my Dexter withdrawal is kicking in, can you tell?
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3940274;
    ...Okay, my Dexter withdrawal is kicking in, can you tell?
    You have company....
    Ain't Love Grand!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm just so happy that there will BE a new season, that Michael C. Hall is in full remission and will be returning as Dexter.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Jonny Lee Miller has signed on for season 5: Johnny Lee Miller Signs On To 'Dexter' at Hollywood.com

I love him, but I hope they don't sign any more names. It's going to start feeling like "A Very Special Episode of Dexter" if they keep it up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread