+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I think I saw previews... the found Dexter's dumping ground and they know there's a serial killer so he's freaked out.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just saw on Amazon.com that Dexter Season 4, which is this last season, will not be available on DVD until August 17, however, you may be able to watch them on the Showtime website.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3922192;
    I thought you would get to that part pretty soon.

THe show has certain facts that keep popping up in later seasons to add mystery and keep you guessing. YOu just never know with that show.

I didn't watch the show on tv at first, because I didn't get Showtime. I actually rented the dvds and watched season I and II in two weeks! I then got Showtime and can't miss an episode.

I can't wait to see the first episode coming on this fall. It is probably the most anticipated episode ever. Duxxy, you'll understand once you catch up.
    Deb, that's what happened to me. I was in Dallas visiting a friend who watched an episode in the middle of season two. That one episode hooked me.

When I got home I bought season 1, caught up, and signed up for showtime to catch up on season two and continue forth into television bliss.

Such a great show.

Spoilers below for Duxxy:

Click to see Spoiler:
    My favorite surprise moment is from season 4: "Hi, Dad."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3921853;
    OMFG Dexter has a brother and he's the ice truck killer. I didn't see that coming at all! Fantastic series!!
    I know...I loved that.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I'm on season 2 epi 6 (Dex Lies and Videotape) I have to say, I love how much stronger Rita has become, I don't want to her break up with Dex but I love that she was able to. Rita sure has a lot of manipulative people in her life. Her mom needs to go back to MI sooner rather than later.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I was so happy to read recently that Michael C. Hall's cancer is in full remission and that he will be returning to his Dexter role! This series is just gripping, can't get enough of it!

I think Showtime is the front runner for great series now: The Tudors, Dexter, Californication, Nurse Jackie, United States of Tara... among others. It's sooo worth the $12 a month we pay for it!

wooo hooo! I just finished season 2. Dexter is still operating in secret, Doakes was blown to smitherines, Lila cut off at the knees in Paris (literally hehe) cuz you just know if Dex didn't take care of business, she would have turned up again and again like a bad penny. Fantastic series! I'm having a little trouble dealing with the fact that I'm rooting for a serial killer to escape detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3924889;
    wooo hooo! I just finished season 2. Dexter is still operating in secret, Doakes was blown to smitherines, Lila cut off at the knees in Paris (literally hehe) cuz you just know if Dex didn't take care of business, she would have turned up again and again like a bad penny. Fantastic series! I'm having a little trouble dealing with the fact that I'm rooting for a serial killer to escape detection.

I know what you mean about feeling a little guilty for rooting for Dexter. LOL
    I try to write it off as an unreal, tv fantasy. Actually, if you think about it, the Old Testament of the Bible is full of stories about killing people who do wrong, so I guess I sort of justify it. LOL

Now that you are going into Season 3, you will like the show even better IMO. I know I did. I really think the show improved in seasons 3 and 4. I read upthread how some viewers would like to concentrate on the main characters and not have the guest stars. I can sort of see that, but I really enjoy the guest stars. I think that Dexter can do and say things with the outsider/guest star that he cannot do with the regulars. You'll see the special relationship that he develops with Jimmy Schmits and John Lithgow. It's very exciting.

OMG they killed off Rita! I wanted to throw up when I saw baby Harrison sitting in a pool of blood

Duxxy, you didn't skip season 3 did you? That was fast!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

nah I didn't skip season 3, I just didn't find anything all that shocking. I've been thinking about Dexter (yes I know he's fictional) and I'm really pissed at Harry. Dexter may have had the homicidal urges but in educating Dexter, Harry left out the whole other side of the person. Children aren't born being able to express, acknowledge or label their feelings. As adults we do that for them. Harry didn't do this for Dexter and he didn't appeal to his positive side he just kind of nurtured the Dark Passenger. Getting Dexter at 3 with only 1 incident (albeit horrifying incident) as opposed to ongoing exposure to abuse/gore etc. He could have been rehabilitated. Kid's personalities develop until they are 6 then they are pretty much set in stone. Ok so I guess I have to learn to suspend belief lol.
    Dexter thinks that he is 'less than' because he doesn't feel remorse... when he kills a bad person, he was out of his mind with guilt when he killed the innocent photographer. To me this is like the military- the enemy dies at someone's hand, Dexter is Harry's weapon. Harry should have explained this to Dexter, this is the major reason that I'm mad at Harry.
    Love that Angel and Maria got married This show has taken place over 4 years, Maria has had 2 lovers in that time, and many in her past but I think we'd find that with many women in their 40s these days.
    Deb needs to wear more tailored clothes, she does have a body under those huge shirts. I thought Vince was going to swallow his tongue when Deb took off her top to show him her scars LOL

+ Reply to Thread