+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 107 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3921370;
    Are you watching them a little each week?
    nope, I'm blowing through them as fast as I can! LOL
    Thanks for the insight, and for not spoiling who the ice truck killer is, I didn't really want confirmation - just some conjecture from me.

The resemblance between Maria the LT and Tootie from Facts of Life is distracting for me LOL I actually looked it up on IMDB to make sure it wasn't Kim Fields.

It makes me laugh when "Dexter" hates something that "David" (from SFU) had to deal with daily
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Another Dexter scoop for season 5:

Exclusive: 'Dexter' wooing Julia Stiles | Ausiello | EW.com

I love Julia Stiles.

I have a hunch she'll play his therapist.

DUXXY, I put spoiler tags below so you won't see stuff you may not know yet.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Instead of having a "big bad" character like Trinity whose plotline
    runes through the whole season, it'll be his therapist's plotline (what
    he will and won't reveal, etc,). Another case of someone seeing
    behind the mask:
    *Season one: Ice Truck killer/brother
    *Season two: Lila
    *Season three: Jimmy Smits
    *Season four: Trinity

Maybe season five will be his post-Rita murdered therapist.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I just saw the news about Julia Stiles on Ausiello Asks, although I'm not very happy of it. I'm just not a fan. Although I love John Lithgow and thought he was fantastic last season, I'd prefer the show focus on the actual actors on the show instead of bringing in "names" each season. JMHO, of course.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks marlap! much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3921697;
    Thanks marlap! much appreciated
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3921691;
    I just saw the news about Julia Stiles on Ausiello Asks, although I'm not very happy of it. I'm just not a fan. Although I love John Lithgow and thought he was fantastic last season, I'd prefer the show focus on the actual actors on the show instead of bringing in "names" each season. JMHO, of course.
    I saw an interview with producer Sara Colleton during ComicCon and she said this year they probably will focus on Dexter and not have a "big bad."

I agree that John Lithgow was fab!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3921701;
    I saw an interview with producer Sara Colleton during ComicCon and she said this year they probably will focus on Dexter and not have a "big bad."

I agree that John Lithgow was fab!
    That's good news! Obviously, they have to bring in new characters on any show, but when they bring on actors who are really well known, it sometimes takes me out of the story. I thought the guy who played Brian in season 1 was just as good as a "name" actor would have been. Although Lithgow was fantastic, I wasn't as big a fan of Jimmy Smits on the show. He was okay, but I never forgot it was Jimmy Smits.

Michael C. Hall is so talented and I don't think he needs help carrying this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Duxxy, so glad you are watching Dexter, yay! I'd be really careful not to read too much about the series so it doesn't get spoiled for you. Such a great show!

I don't remember the Spanish being a problem, and I don't speak it either. I'm sure you are not missing anything important. Enjoy!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm glad MCH is in remission. Can't wait for the new season.

OMFG Dexter has a brother and he's the ice truck killer. I didn't see that coming at all! Fantastic series!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3921853;
    OMFG Dexter has a brother and he's the ice truck killer. I didn't see that coming at all! Fantastic series!!
    I thought you would get to that part pretty soon.

THe show has certain facts that keep popping up in later seasons to add mystery and keep you guessing. YOu just never know with that show.

I didn't watch the show on tv at first, because I didn't get Showtime. I actually rented the dvds and watched season I and II in two weeks! I then got Showtime and can't miss an episode.

I can't wait to see the first episode coming on this fall. It is probably the most anticipated episode ever. Duxxy, you'll understand once you catch up.

+ Reply to Thread