+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

FORT Fogey

Re: Dexter

Great news!

Eonline

Michael C. Hall "Fully Recovered" From Cancer
    Today 3:05 PM PDT by Brandi Fowler

It looks like Michael C. Hall has defeated his biggest bad guy yet: cancer.

The 38-year-old Dexter star has "fully recovered" from Hodgkin's lymphoma, according to wife and show costar Jennifer Carpenter.

Hall announced he was battling the illness in January, shortly before his Golden Globes win for best actor in a TV drama series, describing his condition as "eminently treatable and curable."

Last month, Hall reiterated as much, telling an audience at the TV show-honoring PaleyFest that he was preparing for his final treatment and was "great on the health front."

Hall is set to return to work in June, when the show begins production on its fifth season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3884737;
    Great news!

Eonline

Would wish it for anyone, but am very glad to know Dexter will continue.

Looks like Julie Benz is coming back as Rita in Season 5:

Exclusive: 'Dexter' resurrects Julie Benz | Ausiello | EW.com

Sounds like they will be memory scenes and not ghost ones.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Does anyone know the date the new season begins?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3914436;
    Does anyone know the date the new season begins?
    I don't think they've announced it yet. Last season began in late September.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I'm thinking maybe this season may start later due to Michael C. Hall taking much important time to recover/recoop.

I'm 16mins into the pilot episode of Dexter. I love him. He's who I always thought David from SFU should have been. The foul-mouthed sister made me laugh.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3920222;
    I'm 16mins into the pilot episode of Dexter. I love him. He's who I always thought David from SFU should have been. The foul-mouthed sister made me laugh.

Hey Duxxy, Glad you see you with Dexter. Enjoy!

Question: I'm on episode 8 of the first season, I'm not quite clear about something... Is Deb Harry's biological daughter or were both Deb and Dexter foster children that Harry and his wife adopted?

p.s. I think the ice truck killer is the prosthetics guy that Deb is involved with

eta: I have one complaint... I don't speak a word of spanish and there are no subtitles when the LT and Angel are speaking spanish in the show.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 06-02-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3921309;
    Question: I'm on episode 8 of the first season, I'm not quite clear about something... Is Deb Harry's biological daughter or were both Deb and Dexter foster children that Harry and his wife adopted?

p.s. I think the ice truck killer is the prosthetics guy that Deb is involved with

eta: I have one complaint... I don't speak a word of spanish and there are no subtitles when the LT and Angel are speaking spanish in the show.
    I won't comment on your theory about the ice truck killer so I don't ruin it for you. Some years I figured it out, some years I didn't until the very end. Every season there is some kind of murder mystery that Dexter tries to solve and resolve if you know what I mean. LOL. I will say that the seasons get better and that the last two seasons with Jimmy Schmits and John Lithgow were the best IMO. They also occur after Dexter gets married, so the characters are fully developed and have grown as people.

To my knowledge, Deb is the natural child of Harry and his deceased wife. There are many twists with the background of Dexter and Harry. You are in for a pretty big surprise with a fact that has not been revealed to you just yet regarding Dexter's background and family. It will be a big surprise.

The way the show is, they could always bring up somerhing next season that we don't know yet, but Harry, Dexter and Deb's background is always full of mystery and speculation.

I can't remember much about the Spanish issue. I think that gets better and maybe they start to put subtitles.

Are you watching them a little each week?

+ Reply to Thread