+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3769329;
    This is not a big deal, but maybe someone can satisfy my wondering. When Trinity's Mustang broke down, and Dexter suddenly appeared, are we to assume he was in the trunk? The only other option would be that he was following Trinity in his own car, but I don't know how he would have gone by unnoticed for that length of time, and on (what seemed to be) a country road. I kept watching that scene over and over b/c at first I thought Dexter jumped out of the trunk, and slammed the trunk shut, but then I wondered if he slammed the hood of the car down on Trinity's hands, and it popped back up, yet I don't think the latter happened. That scene was hard for me to "get," as it happened so quickly. Was Dexter supposedly in the trunk? If so, had he been in the trunk while the Mustang was still at the repair shop? And I'm guessing Dexter was responsible for the lost oil cap? Thanks, in advance, for any clarification!
    I've also wondered about that. I think that Dexter went to the shop where it was being repaired, took the cap off and just followed him. He had to have his car to transport trinity to wherever he killed him. We know that he's pretty good at trailing people. I assume that while Dexter was at the auto shop, trinity was killing Rita. He just came walking up and then slammed the hood down. I would like to watch that part again but I'm so mad at that episode that I won't!

'Dexter' star Hall being treated for cancer

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer Lynn Elber, Ap Television Writer 36 mins ago

LOS ANGELES "Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is undergoing treatment for cancer and the disease is in remission, a spokesman said. "I feel fortunate to have been diagnosed with an imminently treatable and curable condition, and I thank my doctors and nurses for their expertise and care," Hall, 38, said Wednesday in a statement.

The actor was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, which is part of the body's immune system. The disease is considered highly treatable with the potential for full recovery.

Craig Bankey, a spokesman for the actor, said the cancer is in complete remission and Hall's treatment will continue as planned.

When Hall was diagnosed and the name of the Los Angeles-area health facility where he's undergone treatment were not released.

Hall plans to attend Sunday's Golden Globe awards and the upcoming Screen Actors Guild ceremony with his wife, actress Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his sister on Showtime's "Dexter." Hall is a nominee at both awards shows for his role as Dexter Morgan, a serial killer working as a blood-spatter expert.

Bankey said Hall will return to production on the drama's fifth season later this year.
    'Dexter' star Hall being treated for cancer - Yahoo! News
    This probably explains the haircut. It sounds like they caught it early and that he's going to be fine.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh my gosh, he had better be okay!! I couldn't bear it if anything happened to my Dexter. I am seriously addicted to that show.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey

I just read about this on Yahoo. Glad to hear it's highly treatable, and that he's expected to fully recover. Love this guy.

I was thinking about how that's a lot to deal with for newlyweds. They've been married maybe a year, if that. I hope he makes a full recovery and is able to get back to work soon. I know I'll be cheering for him on the GG's Sunday!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3795932;
    I was thinking about how that's a lot to deal with for newlyweds. They've been married maybe a year, if that. I hope he makes a full recovery and is able to get back to work soon. I know I'll be cheering for him on the GG's Sunday!
    Me too! I really hope he wins. Lithgow too!

When I was five in 1965, my 29-year-old stepfather died of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Back then, it was a death sentence. Thanks heavens we've come so far.

I'm so glad it sounds like he will be okay.

I must admit, I found it odd that Michael C. Hall didn't do more press the week before Dexter's finale this year.

Now we know why.

There's a clip on Showtime's web site from that week that is a short discussion between Michael and Lithgow. Michael has a shaved head practically. Lithgow even tweeted "What's with Micahel's haircut?" that day.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Congratulations to both Michael C Hall and John Lithgow! They both made this the best season of Dexter yet. I can't wait for the next one!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey

So happy they both won. Jennifer looked beautiful, and it was sweet to see her tear up as Michael accepted his award.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3799500;
    So happy they both won. Jennifer looked beautiful, and it was sweet to see her tear up as Michael accepted his award.
    yay!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3799406;
    Congratulations to both Michael C Hall and John Lithgow! They both made this the best season of Dexter yet. I can't wait for the next one!
    They both deserved it. I can't wait either! i just hope they don't jack up the cost of showtime (I only order it when Dexter is on, lol).

+ Reply to Thread