+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I find myself NOT looking forward to the next season. There are just too many ways to tie Dexter to the trinity killings. If he isn't a suspect in Rita's killing then it's too far fetched for me to go along with. There are so many ways that he could be connected to trinity. He was in the garage before the cops even got there. What about hairs that he may have left in the truckers truck? The family isn't going to mention the Kyle showed up right before the swat team did? He had gotten WAY too sloppy with his setups and kills. I liked him MUCH better when he was good at it. I loved the first 3 seasons! I loved Dexter being in control and not so much a victim. It changed what was fun about it , for me. It had gotten to unbelievable for me even before Rita's death. Other than a dream, I can't even begin to imagine how the writers can get Dexter out of this one.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3764397;
    I think of all the people in Dexter's life, Harrison is the most important, followed by Debra - he seems to come when she calls more than when Rita does. I'd rather see Cody, Aster or Rita killed than a baby and I've grown to like Deb a lot. If they can tone down Rita's shrew routine next season, I'd be fine if she stayed.

The idea of the family being killed and Harrison left in a pool of blood could happen though. It's definitely plausible.

for Bautista and LaGuerta getting married! I love those two together and the show should have at least one happy couple.
    You sure you don't write for the show, Critical? Great call.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3769306;
    You sure you don't write for the show, Critical? Great call.
    I'd love to take credit, but it wasn't me! Starbucks880 made that prediction a while back (post #347).

I've got to watch the finale still. The site I watch episodes on hadn't uploaded it yesterday. Hopefully, it'll be up today.

I don't know how I feel about Rita's death or about Deb finding out all the info about Dexter. I do feel that Rita was becoming an impediment to Dexter's Dark Passenger and that, after all, is the point of the show. Because the show is about Dex and his other life contrasting with his "normal" life, I don't think he'll be revealed to anyone. Deb could easily be made to believe that Dex had no memory of his mother's murder and that, while Brian became a serial killer as a result of the trauma, Dexter went the other way and became a blood spatter expert.

I may change my opinion after I watch the finale.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3769233;
    I don't think Arthur's family will be a problem either. Even if they figure out that Dexter was posing as Kyle Butler...he was helping Jonah and the whole family knows it.

I think even if they actually learned that Dexter/Kyle killed Trinity, they would just bake him some cupcakes and write his name on the ballot in Miami's next mayoral race.

BTW, I love that Dexter said to himself he would make sure that Trinity's family got all the cash back (that Trinity took from savings leaving them destitute).

Dexter's good side is much stronger than he realizes.
    I liked that too. I just wonder if his good side will go away next season. He was very positive right before he found Rita--she was a good influence in his life. I am not sure if they will make the connection between the two--I mean right after he was there the swat team burst in and they learned he was a serial killer for 30+ years--I doubt Kyle/Dexter was the first thing on their minds. Plus, I agree that they would be extremely greatful to him for killing him and they could live their lives free and without fear. Is it time for Season 5 yet?????

Did anyone else notice that a lot of the show was shot in Long Beach CA? I'm sure that it's been going on the entire series but the last episode had quite a few LB landmarks in it. First I noticed the convention center because it has Wyland (not sure how he spells it) whales and ocean scenes on the sides. Next, trinity was driving down the street and the Villa Riviera (building) was in front of his car. He went through an intersection and the street was Linden. I realize that you would have to know Long Beach to notice these things but people in Miami might wonder where these things came from also. Just seems to be careless on the art director's side. BTW, someone mentioned Michael Hall's new look (interview with John Lithgow). I would bet that he's done it for some part OR maybe Dexter is on the run and hiding his identity OR maybe it's his prison look!

FORT Fogey

This is not a big deal, but maybe someone can satisfy my wondering. When Trinity's Mustang broke down, and Dexter suddenly appeared, are we to assume he was in the trunk? The only other option would be that he was following Trinity in his own car, but I don't know how he would have gone by unnoticed for that length of time, and on (what seemed to be) a country road. I kept watching that scene over and over b/c at first I thought Dexter jumped out of the trunk, and slammed the trunk shut, but then I wondered if he slammed the hood of the car down on Trinity's hands, and it popped back up, yet I don't think the latter happened. That scene was hard for me to "get," as it happened so quickly. Was Dexter supposedly in the trunk? If so, had he been in the trunk while the Mustang was still at the repair shop? And I'm guessing Dexter was responsible for the lost oil cap? Thanks, in advance, for any clarification!

'Dexter' season finale ratings hit all-time high

Dexter_250x200 The fourth-season finale of Showtime's "Dexter" was seen by 2.6 million viewers -- blowing away all modern records for the network.

The brutal "Dexter" closer was the most-watched original series episode ever on the network, and the most watched telecast since a Mike Tyson fight in 1999. "Dexter" was 54% higher than last year's finale.

The season three finale of "Californication" was also a series high, 1.1 million viewers, though still dropping considerably from its lead-in.
    'Dexter' season finale ratings hit all-time high--The Live Feed | THR

More good news: the show and Michael C. Hall were nominated for Golden Globes, as was John Lithgow!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Regarding Michael C. Hall's new look, I wondered if it was in part due to needing a change from all things Dexter. I'm sure he's called out for being Dexter far more than he was ever called out for being David on "Six Feet Under" (Though that is one of my all time favorite shows and I love both characters). Maybe after such a shocking season he's hoping to slide by a few Dexter questions while walking down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3769359;
    'Dexter' season finale ratings hit all-time high--The Live Feed | THR

More good news: the show and Michael C. Hall were nominated for Golden Globes, as was John Lithgow!
    Hoo Rah!!

Please please let them both win!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3769446;
    Hoo Rah!!

Please please let them both win!
    I'd be surprised if Lithgow didn't win. He's like an award magnet.

I'd be happy if either Michael or Jon Hamm won this year. Jon did some seriously amazing work this year on Mad Men. I just don't want anyone else to win. Those two are my favorites.

+ Reply to Thread