+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 107 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3768403;
    I didn't know that the show was based on books. Is the story line following them exactly?
    The Showtime series deviates substantially from the books.

Only the first book somewhat follows the first season. The second book outcome is the same, but different setup and characters.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I liked Rita & was shocked & saddened to see this ending. I agree that she wasn't really different than most of us with her wants, needs & expectations from her marriage. However, Dex was talking about how, maybe, his Dark Passenger might go away forever because of his family, and I knew something drastic had to happen to keep the Dark Passenger alive. After all, no Dark Passenger = no Dexter.

Yes, the series deviates substantially from the books. In the books, for instance, Astor & Cody have Dark Passengers of their own & Dexter agrees to teach them, much the way Harry taught him. I can now see that happening with Harrison on the show.

I'm going to be very interested to see how this is handled by the police. After all, Trinity's family can tell them that Dexter had been hanging around Trinity under an assumed name. What kind of questions & answers is that tidbit going to raise during the investigation? How will Deb interpret the situation with Harrison being left in a pool of his mother's blood given what she has just learned about Dexter's & Brian's past? I also foresee more problems with Quinn, as somebody said above, much like those Dex encountered with Doakes.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait until the next season starts.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 12-14-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I also came to comment about Rita driving Dex's dark passenger away. I can see that Dexter may have some eyes on him next season. Here we have a guy who can't account for a huge part of his time that day ("I was chasing Trinity, killing him and casting him off my boat" won't do). You have Masuka telling him about his wife and his neighbor, Dexter punching the neighbor, and Dexter being close enough to the scene where he could easily replicate a Trinity kill. Never mind the fact that Trinity's family has spent significant time with Dexter. Somehow, though, I think they are not going to address that bit.

Dexter's relationship with Rita was very nurturing. She was that mother/lover/friend he never had or thought that he could have. She was loving him away from the darkest part of himself and convincing him he could change. I did not expect her to die, but I did expect something to happen to place that dark cloud firmly above his head again. I liked the pull of the Dark passenger vs the new Dexter. I liked that Dexter was becoming more "human" however it caused him constant problems. We had Lila, who Dexter would never have met if Rita hadn't pushed him into rehab, we had Prado, who Dexter likely would never had taken an interest in if he had not been exploring friendships and "normalcy" because of his desire to fit into a world which Rita opened up to him. Finally, we had Trinity, who Dexter could have killed early in the season had he not been fascinated in finding out how he worked serial killing into a family lifestyle. His last 3 nemeses have been due to trying to build a relationship with Rita, and it was suffocating his dark passenger.

Wouldn't it be interesting if, in season 5, Dexter's father is the authority guide and Rita comes back as his kinder, gentler guide.

I'm still glad she's gone.

I thought about that as well, but can't imagine anything kind and gentle about Dex next season. I think his kills are going to be on another level.

With all of this Rita talk I forgot to mention the scene where Deb tells Dex who his mom is and where he comes from. As in your face as Deb was with the info, I thought it was a really sweet scene.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3768719;
    I thought about that as well, but can't imagine anything kind and gentle about Dex next season. I think his kills are going to be on another level.
    I'm thinking not only on another level, but never again will he let his curiosity prevent him from making his kills as soon as the victim is identified. No more trying to figure out what makes them tick...

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3768560;

I'm going to be very interested to see how this is handled by the police. After all, Trinity's family can tell them that Dexter had been hanging around Trinity under an assumed name. What kind of questions & answers is that tidbit going to raise during the investigation? How will Deb interpret the situation with Harrison being left in a pool of his mother's blood given what she has just learned about Dexter's & Brian's past? I also foresee more problems with Quinn, as somebody said above, much like those Dex encountered with Doakes.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait until the next season starts.

I am interested in how this will be handled too since it can go either way--they eithe assume he was looking for an excuse of how to get away with killing his wife and used Trinity as an excuse or that Trinity was following the investigation and decided to go after one of the team of investigators--and Rita does fit with the type used in the ritual. Rita was staged like the others and I'd be wondering if Arthur left his sisters ashes at the scene like the others--and there would be no reason for him to have those ashes, which would point toward them thinking it was just another Trinity killing. Or did Arthur purposely kill Rita that way with the intent of framing Dexter for the murder. I don't think Arthur's family would be a problem since they don't know his name is Dexter Morgan and they were too overwhelmed to notice him at the crime scene.

But I am very anxious for next season. I think I will need a valium to stand it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3768916;
    But I am very anxious for next season. I think I will need a valium to stand it, lol.
    I'm gonna need a valium to GET TO the next season! There is entirely too much time between seasons on this show!

I don't think Arthur's family would be a problem since they don't know his name is Dexter Morgan and they were too overwhelmed to notice him at the crime scene.
    I would think that Dex's picture might be prominent in the media since his wife was murdered and they might see and recognize him. Maybe not, though. Maybe they'll just disappear since they don't know Trinity's dead and will probably fear his return for them.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 12-15-2009 at 12:05 AM.

I keep thinking about him being in the coffin in the garage. If they took that as evidence, wouldn't they find one of his hairs? He had to have left fingerprints in the house since he's been there so often. I wonder if they just don't process any of the evidence because they already know that Arthur was the killer. It's going to be a long wait for next season!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't think Arthur's family will be a problem either. Even if they figure out that Dexter was posing as Kyle Butler...he was helping Jonah and the whole family knows it.

I think even if they actually learned that Dexter/Kyle killed Trinity, they would just bake him some cupcakes and write his name on the ballot in Miami's next mayoral race.

BTW, I love that Dexter said to himself he would make sure that Trinity's family got all the cash back (that Trinity took from savings leaving them destitute).

Dexter's good side is much stronger than he realizes.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread