+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1070
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

  1. #361
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Dexter

    I really liked Rita. I just didn't like that they got married and I REALLY didn't like them having a baby. I just wanted her to leave Dexter. I HATE that she died. I also don't like that another weird thing has happened that might point in his direction. BTW the actress that played Rita is so pretty. Wish that I looked like her!

  2. #362
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: Dexter

    Hated that ending! Hated it, hated it, hated it!

    Rita was a pain in the hind parts sometimes, but only because we loved Dexter the serial killer more than Dexter the family man. Her reactions for a wife were normal and actually quite a bit more understanding than some wives would have been. I feel for the kids and Dexter, next season he's going to be all over the place-blinded by guilt, anger and grief. Sucks that last season ended with a wedding and this one with a funeral.

  3. #363
    FORT Fogey cablejockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    1,767

    Re: Dexter

    Poor Rita, her only mistake in life was to fall in love with the wrong men! It was because of Dexter that Trinity found her as his last victim! What a horrific touch to see Harrison sitting in a pool of his mother's blood!
    The thing that had me going most of the episode was how quickly Deb put it all together! Dex's mother, brother, her father's involvement

  4. #364
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Dexter

    I wasn't shocked. I'm just wondering what they are going to do with the kids. Will Dexter continue to raise them on his own or will they go with their grandparents? I haven't read the later books so I don't know if this ties into the storyline.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  5. #365
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Dexter

    I really liked Rita. I just didn't like how drastic the series writers made her personality change after she married Dexter (I've never read the books, so I don't know if that's how the author portrayed her after the marriage). I understand her relationship could have given her confidence, security, etc, but her change seemed too drastic to me. All in all, I did like Rita. Didn't someone on this forum predict this ending? I think I remember reading a post that pretty much nailed the ending. Can't wait to see what Dexter's new life will be next season. Have a hard time thinking about him being a single dad. I'm sure the writers can make it work, though, if that's what we'll see.

  6. #366
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Dexter

    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3768300;
    Poor Rita, her only mistake in life was to fall in love with the wrong men! It was because of Dexter that Trinity found her as his last victim! What a horrific touch to see Harrison sitting in a pool of his mother's blood!
    Great point!! I remember thinking about that when the series first started, but I hadn't revisited that perspective lately. Thanks for the reminder!

  7. #367
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Dexter

    Did anyone catch the short interview between Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow right after the season finale? Wow - Michael C. Hall looks so different with his hair cropped close, and with a beard! Totally different. It's also on Showtime's site, if anyone wants to watch it. Plus, there is supposed to be a live video chat with John Lithgow at 3 PM ET today.

  8. #368
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Dexter

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3768295;
    Hated that ending! Hated it, hated it, hated it!

    Rita was a pain in the hind parts sometimes, but only because we loved Dexter the serial killer more than Dexter the family man. Her reactions for a wife were normal and actually quite a bit more understanding than some wives would have been. I feel for the kids and Dexter, next season he's going to be all over the place-blinded by guilt, anger and grief. Sucks that last season ended with a wedding and this one with a funeral.
    I hated it too! I keep thinking about it today and I'm still mad! We've always known Dexter while he was in a relationship. If he's just a depressed serial killer then will we still like him? I didn't know that the show was based on books. Is the story line following them exactly?

  9. #369
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Dexter

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3768388;
    Did anyone catch the short interview between Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow right after the season finale? Wow - Michael C. Hall looks so different with his hair cropped close, and with a beard! Totally different. It's also on Showtime's site, if anyone wants to watch it. Plus, there is supposed to be a live video chat with John Lithgow at 3 PM ET today.
    Saw it. I don't think that I will ever like John Lithgow again. I don't want to hear ANYTHING that he has to say! I'll NEVER forgive him for killing Rita and ruining one of my favorite shows ever!!!!!!!

  10. #370
    FORT Fogey Starbucks880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,093

    Re: Dexter

    Oh wow! What a show! I kind of expected that type of ending. What possibilities for next season! I do wonder, though, what will become of the kids. Dexter single dad to 3 kids? And I wonder how long it will take Debra to figure out the rest of dexter's secret. While I can see Rita being seen by an obvious Trinity Victim by the police force, since they have some sort of idea that he must have been following the investigation somehow--ie they think he framed Stan Bodre, the Christina connection, etc, I almost wonder if Quinn will be a problem for Dexter next season kind of how Doakes was. I also wonder if Dexter will be totally ruled by his darkness. It is so easy to think of him as this cute, awkward lab geek--wonder how he will be if he is pushed over the edge and his "DARK passenger" totally rules over him. But even though I hated Rita as his wife, the ending was just so sad. I actually would have wanted a divorce more so that she can be free. All I know now is that I will be ordering Showtime again when Season 5 starts! Oh and note to Michael C Hall--please grow your hair back and shave that beard.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.