+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I really liked Rita. I just didn't like that they got married and I REALLY didn't like them having a baby. I just wanted her to leave Dexter. I HATE that she died. I also don't like that another weird thing has happened that might point in his direction. BTW the actress that played Rita is so pretty. Wish that I looked like her!

Hated that ending! Hated it, hated it, hated it!

Rita was a pain in the hind parts sometimes, but only because we loved Dexter the serial killer more than Dexter the family man. Her reactions for a wife were normal and actually quite a bit more understanding than some wives would have been. I feel for the kids and Dexter, next season he's going to be all over the place-blinded by guilt, anger and grief. Sucks that last season ended with a wedding and this one with a funeral.

Poor Rita, her only mistake in life was to fall in love with the wrong men! It was because of Dexter that Trinity found her as his last victim! What a horrific touch to see Harrison sitting in a pool of his mother's blood!
    The thing that had me going most of the episode was how quickly Deb put it all together! Dex's mother, brother, her father's involvement

I wasn't shocked. I'm just wondering what they are going to do with the kids. Will Dexter continue to raise them on his own or will they go with their grandparents? I haven't read the later books so I don't know if this ties into the storyline.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I really liked Rita. I just didn't like how drastic the series writers made her personality change after she married Dexter (I've never read the books, so I don't know if that's how the author portrayed her after the marriage). I understand her relationship could have given her confidence, security, etc, but her change seemed too drastic to me. All in all, I did like Rita. Didn't someone on this forum predict this ending? I think I remember reading a post that pretty much nailed the ending. Can't wait to see what Dexter's new life will be next season. Have a hard time thinking about him being a single dad. I'm sure the writers can make it work, though, if that's what we'll see.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3768300;
    Poor Rita, her only mistake in life was to fall in love with the wrong men! It was because of Dexter that Trinity found her as his last victim! What a horrific touch to see Harrison sitting in a pool of his mother's blood!
    Great point!! I remember thinking about that when the series first started, but I hadn't revisited that perspective lately. Thanks for the reminder!

FORT Fogey

Did anyone catch the short interview between Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow right after the season finale? Wow - Michael C. Hall looks so different with his hair cropped close, and with a beard! Totally different. It's also on Showtime's site, if anyone wants to watch it. Plus, there is supposed to be a live video chat with John Lithgow at 3 PM ET today.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3768295;
    Hated that ending! Hated it, hated it, hated it!

Rita was a pain in the hind parts sometimes, but only because we loved Dexter the serial killer more than Dexter the family man. Her reactions for a wife were normal and actually quite a bit more understanding than some wives would have been. I feel for the kids and Dexter, next season he's going to be all over the place-blinded by guilt, anger and grief. Sucks that last season ended with a wedding and this one with a funeral.
    I hated it too! I keep thinking about it today and I'm still mad! We've always known Dexter while he was in a relationship. If he's just a depressed serial killer then will we still like him? I didn't know that the show was based on books. Is the story line following them exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3768388;
    Did anyone catch the short interview between Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow right after the season finale? Wow - Michael C. Hall looks so different with his hair cropped close, and with a beard! Totally different. It's also on Showtime's site, if anyone wants to watch it. Plus, there is supposed to be a live video chat with John Lithgow at 3 PM ET today.
    Saw it. I don't think that I will ever like John Lithgow again. I don't want to hear ANYTHING that he has to say! I'll NEVER forgive him for killing Rita and ruining one of my favorite shows ever!!!!!!!

Oh wow! What a show! I kind of expected that type of ending. What possibilities for next season! I do wonder, though, what will become of the kids. Dexter single dad to 3 kids? And I wonder how long it will take Debra to figure out the rest of dexter's secret. While I can see Rita being seen by an obvious Trinity Victim by the police force, since they have some sort of idea that he must have been following the investigation somehow--ie they think he framed Stan Bodre, the Christina connection, etc, I almost wonder if Quinn will be a problem for Dexter next season kind of how Doakes was. I also wonder if Dexter will be totally ruled by his darkness. It is so easy to think of him as this cute, awkward lab geek--wonder how he will be if he is pushed over the edge and his "DARK passenger" totally rules over him. But even though I hated Rita as his wife, the ending was just so sad. I actually would have wanted a divorce more so that she can be free. All I know now is that I will be ordering Showtime again when Season 5 starts! Oh and note to Michael C Hall--please grow your hair back and shave that beard.

+ Reply to Thread