+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I think she cleans up really nicely. Saw her in some party type photos and she looked great. She's rocking the plain, cop look for the show.

As for the last episode, it was great watching Trinity make that terrible, heartless kill and then going home much as Dexter does. He is the evil mirror image of Dexter himself. I think Dexter will find some level of professional respect for the fact that this man has successfully carried out decades worth of kills and maintained a family and eluded justice. Of course Trinity is not married to Rita-lol. Trinity is who Dexter wants to "grow up" to be-on the "good guy" side of course. He wants to take what Trinity did and do it better. their face to face encounter should be very intense. Hatred for hurting Deb, professional curiosity and "respect", and the kill of a worthy adversary. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-28-2009 at 07:59 PM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Sounds like a good time for Dex to bring up Rita's little white lie about her mom's comment "the third time is the charm"...

I'm watching the TiVO'd episode - just commenting on what I've seen so far.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3741096;
    Sounds like a good time for Dex to bring up Rita's little white lie about her mom's comment "the third time is the charm"...

I'm watching the TiVO'd episode - just commenting on what I've seen so far.
    I was thinking the same thing! I can't stand her anymore. This season has been really good though other than Rita's whining about Dexter.

Why has her character changed so much? Do the writers theink this is how normal wives act??? Whatever the reason, they are making Rita a whining demanding pain! It was kind of funny when the thrapist took Dexter's side, and chided Rita for the choices she has made in her life.

i don't like her new haircut either. it's as distracting as whatever that weird thing that goes on with her mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3207637;
    I'm not crazy about the introduction of a baby-Dex storyline. Not sure where they're going with it, but who wants a devoted daddy Dexter? Not me. I should probably stop comparing the show to the books - which are much darker - but the 3rd book introduced a storyline of (I'm putting it in spoilers for those who may not have read the books)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Cody turns out to be a budding killer himself, and Astor is somewhat inclined the same way, so Dex takes them under his wing the same way Harry did for him
    . The writers for the show don't seem interested in taking things in that direction, which is too bad, IMO. I guess it would be a bit too edgy for some viewers.

I don't see where they're going with Smits' character, either. Is he going to take the place of Doakes by being the thorn in Dexter's side or is he just going to be a love interest for Maria?

Oh, and I hate Deb's new haircut. It makes her look too severe, combined with the very tailored clothing she wears.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've only seen the show (and only the bits of the first season that I think NBC showed) but they very much implied that Dex was that way because of childhood trauma....not genetics
    Click to see Spoiler:
    are those two kids his children? Obviously I don't know the names of any kids on the show...

The two older children are Rita's from her previous marriage. The genetic part of it is based on the fact that his brother was a killer as well.

...but his brother was exposed to the same trauma. The difference was that Harry thought that Dexter could be helped but that his brother was too far gone to refocus his energies.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3744397;
    ...but his brother was exposed to the same trauma. The difference was that Harry thought that Dexter could be helped but that his brother was too far gone to refocus his energies.
    Yep Brian was just enough older than Dexter that Harry thought he couldn't be helped. Since he trained Dexter to be a serial killer, I'm not sure how much worse he thought Brian would be!

I have to say, I'm LOVING John Lithgow and the whole Trinity storyline! Any time one of my favorite shows gets a big guest star, I worry that it will take away from the regular cast. This is the second season that TPTB at Dexter have brought in a big name and have added that person to the cast seamlessly. Jimmy Smits was fantastic last year, but Lithgow is even better. I can't wait to see what happens next! Where it was clear that Smits' character just needed to be "put down," you can see Dexter's dilemma with Trinity: he knows he needs to kill him, but he wants to learn from him as well.

Rita annoys me, but I think her behavior is pretty normal if you look at the situation from her perspective. We only hate her because we're on Dexter's side!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My prediction.. possible ******SPOILER***** alert . Haven't read this whole thread.. so sorry if someone else pointed this out.

So.. in our last episode, 4-7, Trinity is seen building a coffin. So... his kill cycle is not over! He kills in 4's not 3's, the 4th body is just never found.

So.. I predict he hides the 4th victim under the houses he builds. The murders are obviously at this point symbolic of his sister committing suicide, his mother committing suicide and him beating his father to death with a hammer. The only member of his family left is HIMSELF.. and in order to close every chapter he has to symbolically kill himself.

So.. he will kill someone... someone that he becomes close with, someone that he feels would do anything to help others, someone like himself.. DEXTER!

In the episode.. Dexter kills the deer for him.. "You would do that for me?" Trinity calls out. Dexter is new in town, no friends.. the perfect victim.

If I'm right about this.. TV is way too predictable. Dexter is still a great show though.

+ Reply to Thread