+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3731392;
    It's nice for people to be sensitive to others who may not have seen the show yet, but as soon as the show airs, there's no need to put things in spoiler tags or speak cryptically. You really don't even need spoiler tags while the show is airing. Those of us who want to avoid being spoiled should stay out of this thread until we've watched the show.

Because I read that spoiler a while back about someone dying in episode four, I've been expecting Lundy to be killed, especially since he's getting so close to finding the Trinity killer. I wasn't nearly as shocked as I probably should have been. I can't say I'm really upset about his death either and I'm really annoyed with Deb for cheating on Anton. He's clearly too normal and sweet for her, but still.

I don't know how I feel about Dexter killing that cop. It didn't feel the same as him killing child molesters or hard-core murderers. Until she actually confessed on the table, I wasn't feeling like his "evidence" was all that rock solid.

I'm surprised at how much I like Angel and Laguerta together. He softens her. Plus, I'll admit that I've always had a bit of a crush on him.
    I'm crushing on him too. I've liked him since Oz.
    But I knew once the Trinity killer bumped into Lundy that he was a goner. Deb I didn't see coming. Pissed at her for cheating on Anton. Rita never really bothered me much in previous seasons, but this season she is a bis pain in the a$$. Wish she would stay gone.

Put me on the Angel bandwagon. He's got something soft and adorable going on with him, but masculine also. I like him and Laguerta together but let's face it our girl is a train wreck and she's going to kill this thing one way or another. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm also mad at Deb for cheating on Anton. He's a great guy and he deserved better than that. Can't understand for the life of me why she was so hung up on Lundy. Daddy issues perhaps?

I didn't mind him killing the cop so much, but I think it's always a bit harder to take when Dex kills a female. Lila was easier to take because she was such a wack job, plus we needed her gone once she knew Dex's secret. This one played at normal far better than Lila, but I'm glad he took her out.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-19-2009 at 09:32 PM.

I am not up to date on the reading of the books so I don't actually know how it goes but are they leaning toward breaking up the marriage with Dexter and Rita? I'm willing to bet that the Angel and Laguerta relationship is going to end because he won't want to transfer to another area even with a raise.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Loved yesterday's show, but can they please kill of Rita. That b!tch is getting on my nerves. She is so annoying. Dexter just leave her a$$ already. I don't remember her being so annoying in previous seasons, what is the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3736771;
    Loved yesterday's show, but can they please kill of Rita. That b!tch is getting on my nerves. She is so annoying. Dexter just leave her a$$ already. I don't remember her being so annoying in previous seasons, what is the deal?
    Season 1 Rita was like a wounded animal. The thing Dexter liked about her was that she didn't want much from him. Remember how alarmed he was when she *gasp* actually wanted to have sex? I think she's just healed from all the crap with her ex and is feeling more secure. Because I root for Dex and don't want him to get caught, Rita annoys me. In the real world, her behavior would seem totally normal.

Poor Deb. She really does have tragic luck with men. First, it's the Ice Truck Killer, then Lundy (who is too old and, you know, now he's dead). She blows it with the one good man who ever wants to be with her. Poor Anton. He deserved better. I'm sure he won't be single for long.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rita's one of those women that once they get a ring on their finger, they turn into a biotch that think they have to know their man's every step. Dex won't put up with that long...

Now that he knows Trinity's identity, it'll be fun watching them play cat and mouse.

i loved the first season of the show and then had to cancel my hbo and sho. i just watched season 2 online from netflix and it was even ;better than the first. i have season 3 up next in my queue. i think i am mgoing to have to bite the bullet and just pay for the premium channels - so many great shows i love, but have missed - dexter, weeds, curb your enthusiamsm . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2095263;
    I thought it was great! I love these kinds of shows. I was a huge fan of Six Feet Under and Dexter's graphics are close to that for sure! Sorry you didn't like it babymay. The writing is superb though.

i believe deb is dexter's real life wife.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2770713;
    Hi, I'm new to this but here goes. I loves me some Dexter and am so happy to find other Dexamaniacs to talk about the show with. Some things have driven me nuts about the show though. Sorry, but I can't stand the actress that plays Deb. I find her offensively unattractive. A little harsh but it's painful to watch her, especially in sex scenes,because it's so hard to believe that any of these guys would want to be with her(even a serial killer). I'm cringing now just picturing her, and her greasy hair, rolling around in bed. Yuck! She's also not very convincing when she's cussing. It's a huge part of her character but she sounds like she's forcing the words out. I'm also convinced that Doakes got killed off for bad acting. The guy played him like a parody of an angry black cop in some "Naked Gun" type movie. I don't know if the other actors are just so good that he stood out or what. I'd laugh whenever he was in a scene and I don't think that that was the intention.

I thought Deb's breakdown in this week's episode was top notch. She's a very emotional character and Dexter's presence in the scene only made it better because of their real life connection. His pain for his sister was so real. Loved it!

I was shocked when The Trinity Killer walked into the house and he's a husband/father. Wasn't expecting that at all! Cat and mouse would be AWESOME!

Yep, Micheal C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are married. I can't stand her as Deb either. She's just not pretty enough for Him.

+ Reply to Thread