+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan;2122362;
    does Dexter love his girlfriend or is it just for show?)
    I'm not able to watch the show, I have to watch vicariously through this thread , but I read the first book. In it he doesn't actually love anyone, even his sister and father, because he is incapable of expressing emotions/empathy. He did have a sense of how he should feel and behave toward those he should love, and the difference between right and wrong. He also had concern for the welfare of his sister and father, but it was more because they were kind to him and cared about him. Has the show touched on why he shut down his feelings?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

It seems that he never has had feelings. The show has made it as though he was just born that way, the way he killed animals as a child with no emotions, etc. He feels for his girlfriend, more because she's in need of protection from life, than because he actually likes her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I won't spoil it, in case it is incorporated later in the show, but there is a reason for his sociopathy.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2122798;
    tee hee ClosetNerd... my b/f says the same type thing about me... he says, wow, you're kind of twisted that the more strange Dexter gets, the more you like him!! You're not alone CN, not alone.
    Whew!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Last night was so good.

I'm not really getting where the story line is going with his arch nemesis but he did an awesome job covering up his murder.

Anyone else think Deb and the other cop will hook up?

It sure seems like Deb and the cop are getting close. It's odd timing though considering his love affair was murdered not too long ago.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ok. I watched last night. I so pegged the new boyfriend doctor as the Ice Truck Killer before we even saw it!! That kind of means the plot is transparent though doesn't it?!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I never thought about him as the killer until last night. The way they made him appear last night was a dead give away of who he was. This show is fantastic!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

OH NO i missed it

Quote Originally Posted by haejin;2103471;
    In case anyone's interested, the first two episodes are on the Showtime website.
    I really hope they are still up. I dont get showtime and I really wanted to watch this show.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

+ Reply to Thread