+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 107 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3713893;
    Well Laguerta never got a piece of Dexter, although she did try now didn't she?

For some reason Laguerta and Batista didn't surprise me. I think it's because Laguerta gives it up like a government informant. It rarely surprises me what head pops up from beneath her sheets. The one that did surprise me was when she was doing her boss' fiance. That was just plain low and I never really saw her as low.
    Well I was totally shocked! I thought Batista and the other cop were going strong last season.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3714074;
    Well I was totally shocked! I thought Batista and the other cop were going strong last season.
    I don't know why, but I always felt like Batista was far more into the female cop than she was into him. It just felt like he was looking for more than she was. I don't see this one turning serious, though. Far too complicated. I think Laguerta would put up a fight.

Anyone keeping up? I'm already over the 'tired Dexter' storyline thus far and hope we can quickly get back to what makes this show so great. Quick thinking, meticulous timing, and quirky quips.

Why doesn't Rita get up with the baby? It makes no sense to me for her to whine and gripe about Dexter's long hours and then her not move when the baby cries at night. Are they trying to make viewers hate Rita?

As for Laguerta and Batista.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Why does she always have to be so dramatic? Not all women are so needy and wishy washy about their feelings.

Again with the dramatics....Deb. For sheesh! Is your relationship with Anton really great? Because you appeared to be trying to convince yourself more than you were trying to convince Lundy.

John Lithgow is STELLAR! I can't imagine anyone else playing this role. He's said very little thus far, but bravo to the writers for casting him in this role. I'm extremely happy with his performance and cannot wait for more.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I'm thinking the "tired" Dexter thing will end quickly... maybe it was more for the drama of his being so out of it that he forgot what he did with a body. Now that he's figured that riddle out, the tired storyline can end? I don't know if it was intentional on the part of the writers, but Rita is starting to annoy me.

Somebody upthread mentioned that a someone would die in mid-season... I'm thinking possibly Lundy will fall victim to the serial killer he's been searching for for so long. Just a thought. Or maybe Rita? Of course, if she doesn't straighten up, Dexter may be the one to do it.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I certainly hope it's not Rita because then we'd have the 'single dad Dexter' and I will go bonkers, for sure.

I just caught on to this show this season and I cant wait to go back and watch all the episodes.

Okay now we're picking up steam. About 20 minutes into the show you begin to suspect who was going to die. Was sort of sad to know they were going as I never warmed up to them until this season. I just did not expect it to go down the way that it did and for the other person to get caught in the mix (trying not to say too much as I know some people catch it late when "The Amazing Race" provides a scheduling conflict). Was glad the family was out of town. Made things interesting. I like Rita but sometimes her constant harping grates. Sorry she's back next week. Dexter is going to be in fighting mode and don't want the family woes screwing with his sharpness.

I'm confused as to how it would be the Trinity killer if they were shot and it looked like a mugging. Did he follow them and shoot because of the fact he figured that Lundy knew he was the killer?
    Last edited by Critical; 10-19-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: No need for spoiler tags - the show aired last night
    Yup, with donuts!!

I assumed that Trinity did it that way because that stupid reporter tipped him off. She mentioned that the vacation killers were also a top priority. By killing Lundy and making it look like a robbery Trinity will be forgotten (he's the only one that seemed to care along with Deb). They will really want these killers for killing a former agent and shooting a cop, and the only two people who cared about Trinity have been shot by him. This leaves him under the radar with only Dex on his trail. The thing that bothers me the most is did Lundy have the chance to tell anyone about Trinity? I don't know if Dexter erased that message and Deb never gave him the chance to speak at the door. Someone may have to get their hands on that recorder of his.

It's nice for people to be sensitive to others who may not have seen the show yet, but as soon as the show airs, there's no need to put things in spoiler tags or speak cryptically. You really don't even need spoiler tags while the show is airing. Those of us who want to avoid being spoiled should stay out of this thread until we've watched the show.

Because I read that spoiler a while back about someone dying in episode four, I've been expecting Lundy to be killed, especially since he's getting so close to finding the Trinity killer. I wasn't nearly as shocked as I probably should have been. I can't say I'm really upset about his death either and I'm really annoyed with Deb for cheating on Anton. He's clearly too normal and sweet for her, but still.

I don't know how I feel about Dexter killing that cop. It didn't feel the same as him killing child molesters or hard-core murderers. Until she actually confessed on the table, I wasn't feeling like his "evidence" was all that rock solid.

I'm surprised at how much I like Angel and Laguerta together. He softens her. Plus, I'll admit that I've always had a bit of a crush on him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread