+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 107 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

This week's Entertainment Weekly has a good article previewing the new season and it gives some tidbits about what will happen. Among them:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    John Lithgow will play the new "big bad" - a serial killer that Dexter may or may not form a friendship with. I loved his as a killer in Blow Out (still one of my favorite movies), so I'm excited to see him this season.

Keith Carradine will be back, but Deb has moved on. It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic has changed between them now that she's not single.

I'm so excited for the new season!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Those spoilers are great! That particular actor does dark/unbalanced/crazed very well. Should be very interesting to watch.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

On pins and needles waiting for the premiere tonight! Hoping for a great season.

My niece is coming by today to watch last season and then the premiere. Should be a fun day.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I saw the first episode on the internet a couple of weeks ago. It's really good. Now I'll finally be able to chat about it.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I read a good interview about the new season a few days ago (although I can't remember where I read it). Apparently, instead of doing one big cliffhanger at the end of the season, they're going to keep the surprises coming throughout the season. It sounds like episode 4 is going to be a BIG one, although the article I read gave no details.

I'm so excited for the premiere!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

LaGuerta and Batista OMG, didn't see that one coming. I was thinking it was going to be Anton, but then I saw Angel. Is Rita still working? If not why isn't she the one driving the baby around to get him to sleep or learning to soothe the baby on her own to get him to take a nap. I'm not saying Dexter shouldn't help out, but when you know he's got something to important to do in the morning she should be the one taking care of the baby. And John Lithgow is totally creepy. He plays it very well. This should be an interesting season.

I agree about Rita. She did ask Dexter why he didn't wake her when he had court in the morning, but then they show the previews for next week with her complaining about him not being there. Now we have yet to see why she said that, but last we saw dexter was in an accident because he fell asleep at the wheel (with body parts in the car mind you). I would think Rita would say "hey, I appreciate it, but keys in the fridge, screwing up in court, we need to work out a schedule that works for both of us". Hopefully she's more understanding than that clip indicates.

We need Dexter to pull it together. I miss my lean, mean, bad guy killing machine! He needs to be sharp to catch a guy that's been at it successfully for 30 years.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3713294;
    I agree about Rita. She did ask Dexter why he didn't wake her when he had court in the morning, but then they show the previews for next week with her complaining about him not being there. Now we have yet to see why she said that, but last we saw dexter was in an accident because he fell asleep at the wheel (with body parts in the car mind you). I would think Rita would say "hey, I appreciate it, but keys in the fridge, screwing up in court, we need to work out a schedule that works for both of us". Hopefully she's more understanding than that clip indicates.
    I agree with this. Sure Dexter has his responsibilities where the baby is concerned, but if he's losing that much sleep, Rita needs to rethink their schedules. I hope she's not really that thoughtless.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3713294;
    We need Dexter to pull it together. I miss my lean, mean, bad guy killing machine! He needs to be sharp to catch a guy that's been at it successfully for 30 years.
    He needs to be sharp if he doesn't want to get caught with body parts in the car. I was freaking out at the end of the show.

And I wasn't even prepared for Batista & LaGuerta. Is there anybody she hasn't slept with?

Is Lithgow's character a minister?
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Spoilers from Entertainment Weekly:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    During the first half of the season, a "significant" character will die at the hands of the Trinity Killer.
    Wonder if that's the big deal in episode 4.

I thought John Lithgow was terrifically creepy. Very reminiscent of his role in Blow Out, where he also played a serial killer.

Rita has always seemed a bit like a little girl to me, or at least a teenager. I don't know if she's all that aware of how worn out Dexter really is. Maybe the accident will give her a clue.

Totally shocked about Angel and LaGuerta! I love it when the show surprises me like that and, no, I don't think there is anyone she hasn't slept with....okay, maybe she hasn't slept with Vince!

Well Laguerta never got a piece of Dexter, although she did try now didn't she?

For some reason Laguerta and Batista didn't surprise me. I think it's because Laguerta gives it up like a government informant. It rarely surprises me what head pops up from beneath her sheets. The one that did surprise me was when she was doing her boss' fiance. That was just plain low and I never really saw her as low.

+ Reply to Thread