+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3247496;
    Unless it's the skinner that tied Dex to the table.
    That's what my thinking is - though his reason may simply be to torture the man he believes knows the whereabouts of Freebo. After all, wasn't that his reason for skinning all of his victims? And, when we saw Miguel talking to the Skinner on the phone, he was telling him that Dex knew where Freebo was.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3247496;
    Prado's brother is behaving irrationally. It's a pattern for him. Deb and her partner caught him stepping outside the law before and brought it to the attention of the department. He's at it again by going after Dexter and breaking into his house. Hopefully his behavior can help Dexter out. An unfortunate accident could take place. Besides, with Laguerta suspecting Miguel, and with the first dead brother's shady past, maybe all of the Prado boys' secrets will be let out, leading people to dismiss anything the last remaining Prado has to say. Hopefully what Miguel told his brother is that he wanted protection from Dexter slandering or framing him. It would be a hard sell to claim fear of Dexter yet to hang out at his bachelor party or stand up as his best man. It makes no sense. The last Prado boy will have to go though. It will be the first time Dexter has wiped out an entire family. Meanwhile Laguerta must be losing it. First Doakes and now Miguel and his family, people that she thought she knew well and that she'd known for years. Her faith in her instincts must be fading fast.
    I agree that Ramon's previous irrational behavior will weigh in Dexter's favor. My only concern is if Miguel left something - a journal, physical evidence - that would incriminate Dex in spite of people's acknowledgment of Ramon's crazy actions. After all, he kept the attorney's ring even after Dexter wouldn't allow him to take a trophy of his first kill. He seemed to think he was above the law and above being caught. He might have kept something. Of course, I might be totally off base.

And, as for LaGuerta... hmmm... if I were her, I wouldn't trust ANYBODY!

Yeah, I forgot that Miguel told the skinner that Dexter knew where Freebo was. You're right, there is a good chance that Miguel left something behind that may cause Dexter some problems. Hopefully Dexter will be able to figure it out before it causes him a problem.

As for Deb, Dexter indeed made a huge mistake by telling her their dad slept with a CI. Deb is an excellent detective. Somewhere along the way she will begin to piece things together. Seems we may have seen the beginning of a major plot point for next season.

Laguerta should just spend most of next season curled up in the fetal position in her office. Hey, at least Dex was able to save her life so she'll be here for next season. Miguel was thisclose to knocking her off.

I just checked out showtime's website. They have two clips from the finale, gives you a little insight into things. May be interesting to check out if you need an advance on your Dexter fix.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 12-08-2008 at 11:09 PM.

I usually check out those videos right after I watch the episode, but I've just been too busy! Thanks for reminding me.

Looks like maybe Ramon is looking for evidence - so maybe he doesn't have anything other than what Miguel told him. That's good, but who knows for sure what Miguel told him... chances are he knows too much and needs to be eliminated.

And poor LaGuerta having to get on the freeway every day and see Miguel's name on the interchange! I'd change routes.

Well the season wrapped up really well! I had forgotten to watch last night because of Survivor,but couldn't wait to get home and watch the Dexter finale OnDemand today. It was great. Once again wrapped up all of the problems in a nice little bow. I love the fact that you can watch a beginning and ending in each season of Dexter without all of those cliffhangers that take 9-12 months to get a conclusion to. If this show should sadly end suddenly like so many shows do these days. we at least will likely have a complete story for the final season, even if it's an unplanned ending. Hopefully, that's a long way away, because I still love and look forward to this show.

Loved the episode last night! I was so happy Deb went back to Anton and they got back together!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Now we just have to worry about blood evidence being left behind at the Skinner's murder scene. Will they have Dexter's "unknown" DNA profile in the system somewhere? Or will they not process the scene completely because they think it was "suicide by cop"?

I loved that Dex was able to talk Ramon down rather than have to kill him.

I really laughed when Angel walked into LaGuerta's office and blurted out that he'd met Gianna trying to pick up a hooker. And I was impressed with LaGuerta's responses to Angel and Deb.

Now I have to wait until next season. But you're right, KeepItReal. At least we don't have to wait until the new season (whenever that is) to resolve a cliffhanger. That would just make me mad!

Yeah, I agree with all of the points you guys made. I love that Deb and Anton are together again, I hope it lasts! Was thrilled with the way Dexter handled Ramon. Seems like Ramon can actually relax and breathe now that he doesn't have to care for his two screw up brothers. The scene with Angel and Laguerta was hilarious, and I loved how she handled the Deb thing. She's so much more laid back now that she has a secret of her own to hold (that doesn't involve sleeping with someone else's man).

I loved the part when Dexter and Deb were talking before the wedding, and she was helping him to tie his tie. The scene with Harry when the skinner had Dexter was nice too.

Am I the only one that had a "Fame" flashback when the skinner was standing above Dexter whistling? I just kept thinking to myself that this would be the moment when Jesse would break out and dance-lol. Funny how you can see an actor in different roles but there's always that one that stands out. He'll always be Jesse to me, twirling and singing cheesy songs with a young Janet Jackson.

I couldn't help but think of Fame during that scene!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3252188;
    I couldn't help but think of Fame during that scene!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!
    I had been holding back the Jesse thoughts all season....the whistling just sent me over the top!

I was thinking about Fame too!

I love how they wrapped the season up, especially how Dexter talked Ramon down and didn't have to kill all three Prado brothers! Rita looked so beautiful in her dress. I loved Dexter's reaction to her and his feelings about becoming a father. It'll be interesting to see how his ignoring the rules this season affects things next season, especially with a baby in the picture.

Will Deb find out that Dexter's mother was a CI for their dad? Does she know Dexter's original last name? LOVE that Deb and Anton are back together! Finally she gets a man who isn't a sociopath or a daddy substitute!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread