+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I have no idea what motivates Prado either. So many possibilities bouncing around in my head, and it may be a combination of all of them. Early on he seemed to be familiar with the stalking aspect of being a killer. He also recognized Dexter's dark side, but initially he came off as someone who manipulated the justice system but hadn't crossed over to murder. I just hope Dexter rubs a little salt into the wound before he sticks his knife in Prado by telling him it wasn't Freebo who killed his brother.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Wonder what Prado said to the skinner before he let him walk? Did you notice the look the skinner gave Dexter as he was leaving? Dexter better watch his back.
    "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans" - Van Zant

Dexter jumped the shark really fast. Usually you can count on the introduction of "star" component to the cast indicates that the show is headed downhill fast. And it almost never works. The original book probably made a good read, but it makes a lousy series. Dexter finds a sleaze bag, chops him up throws him in the ocean, end of epidsode. Following week, Dexter finds a sleaze bag, chops him up, throws him in the ocean, end of episode, ad nauseum.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Gotta disagree. When I heard that Jimmy Smits was going to be on this season, I was a bit worried. But I think he's added an interesting storyline without overpowering Dexter's character. Last season Keith Carradine guest starred, played a role and moved on without sending the show downhill. I think there is stunt casting (Britney in "How I Met Your Mother") and there's adding a talented actor into the mix that can play an engaging character that enhances the story. There are so many other things going on in the show that makes it NOT just a "find a sleaze bag, chop him up and throw him in the ocean" affair week after week.

This is the one show that I wait for every week with eager anticipation, and I'm normally not one to do that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've only seen season 1, the sanitized NBC version during the writers' strike, and I still disagree. Most of the show, to me, was about how Dexter came to be Dexter, and his yearning to be "normal", and his gradual growth, with side interest in his sister's growth and their relationship.

I also have to agree with those who say that Dexter is much more than a hack 'em up show. This season once again shows Dexter venturing into building new types of relationships. First we saw him deal with love and relationships with Rita, now we see him dealing with the concept of friendship with Prado. He's always encountered both good and bad representations of these relationships as he learns and grows. He had Rita to show him the healthy side of love and Lila to show him the sick side. The family friend who had the cancer this season showing true friendship compared to Prado and his manipulations. We're seeing actual growth in the character. In between all of the hacking we do get to witness Dexter try to work out how to cultivate normal relationships.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

So it seems like Dex wwill deal with Mr. Skinner next week and take down Prado the following week in the finale. I'm so looking forward to it!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I was just coming on to say I guess Prado and Dexter won't be doing the Skinner together... Dex looks like he's in a pretty bad situation with the Skinner. It'll be interesting to see how he gets out of this and how he deals with Prado. I'm looking forward to it too, but I'll be so bummed when the season's over!

It looks like Dex will get out of the tape in the trunk of the car. He'll probably surprise the skinner as he opens the trunk. I can't wait to see Prado's face when he sees Dexter. Hopefully he'll find out from the skinner first that Prado sent him after Dexter.

I knew that the skinner was hiding out and staying safe because of Prado. Blah, time for both of them to leave now. This will make a good double murder and it will be easier than Dexter thinks if he can manage to get the skinner to call Prado to meet him. Dexter can make it look like the skinner got Prado and they killed each other.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread