+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3236516;
    I have to give it to Jimmy Smits. He's done a good job showing the devolution of Prado from a seemingly upstanding guy to an evil sociopath. That moment after the kill when he said "I feel fantastic!" was chilling. Still, I won't be sad to see Prado go. This is a one-killer show.
    Agreed. I was wary of Smits coming on the show, but he has more than proven himself as worthy. Plot-wise, I can't imagine he will survive past the end of this season. He doesn't have Dexter's code or self-control and is already spinning out of control (if what we suspect about him killing Ellen is true). Dexter will have to take care of him at some point.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Is Rita still pregnant?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yes she's still pregnant, and very moody.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I liked the episode last night. That wasn't the season finale was it? I hope they tie up the Prada issue before the end of the season so we can start the new one with something different.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3240262;
    I liked the episode last night. That wasn't the season finale was it? I hope they tie up the Prada issue before the end of the season so we can start the new one with something different.
    I think there are three or four more episodes this season. Did you watch the previews for the next show? If not, you can view them online at the Showtime website. Looks like Miguel is going to attempt to blackmail Dexter into doing what he wants, using the threat of an investigation into Deb's activities (sleeping with her CI) as incentive. He's got to deal with Miguel. Soon.

I saw the end of the episode where Dexter realizes that Miguel has been using him the whole time. I flipped to True Blood and when I came back, Dexter was over. I'll go and check out the preview on Showtime.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm going to enjoy when Dexter deals with both the skinner and Prado. I'm hoping he teams up with Prado for one last kill....the skinner. I'm hoping that during that time he makes sure that something is left to implicate Prado in the murders of both the attorney and the skinner. Then Dexter can do his thing and make Prado disappear. Jimmy Smits is an awesome actor. Loved him in NYPD Blue, can't stand him in this. Now that's fine acting!

I think the biggest mistake Dexter made last night was letting Prado know that he knew he had killed the lawyer. Would have been better had Dexter found the body, made sure she was found, and not showed his hand that he's displeased with Prado. He could have even insured Prado that while he didn't agree with what he'd done, they're friends and he will make sure everything is taken care of at the crime scene.

-Unknown Author-

I'm sure he would have handled things differently if he'd known that Prado was lying to him before he showed his hand.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm sure he would have as well, but once Dexter thought about it he knew exactly where to look. Wish he had looked there when he suspected Prado had done something rather than when he knew for certain. The thing is he still saw Prado as a friend at the time, rather than as a killer who was manipulating another killer in order to make himself better at what he does. Prado will be harder to deal with now that he knows where Dexter stands with him. He's already threatening Deb. But of course they had to let it play out that way, make Prado more worthy of Dexter's justice. There are only 3 episodes left. It won't be long before he's dealt with. I'm hoping this season ends as the others have with the storyline tied up. I don't want a cliffhanger.

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3240724;
    The thing is he still saw Prado as a friend at the time, rather than as a killer who was manipulating another killer in order to make himself better at what he does.
    I'm not sure I agree with this assessment of Prado's motivation, though I'm still not sure what I think his motivation is. I'm wondering if he was a practicing killer before he encountered Dexter and Freebo was going to be his next victim. Or was he driven to kill Freebo out of his grief and a chance encounter with Dexter brought out a side of him that he didn't realize was there. Or possibly that he had a feeling about Dexter and followed him to Freebo's house wanting to hook Dex into killing for him. Or is there another scenario that I haven't even considered...

It would be great if, as you wrote in an earlier post, Dexter and Prado worked together to take out the Skinner and Dex left evidence implicating Prado in the Skinner and attorney murders. Then he could neatly take Prado out and everyone would assume that Prado left to escape justice. Neat little package.

Whatever happens, I am hooked on this show. Every time one show ends, I'm on pins and needles wanting to know what's next! There aren't that many shows that keep me that interested. I don't want a cliffhanger either. If they stay true to the other two seasons, they'll wrap up this story line in the season finale.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 11-24-2008 at 11:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread