+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I didn't get to watch last night. Anything exciting happen?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Dexter asked Rita to marry him. He took some lines from a psycho stalker girl who killer the man she was stalking and made them his own. Rita and her kids said yes. Now he's wondering what it will be like to be married and a father pretending to be normal.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Rita decides it's time to tell the kids about the pregnancy. Astor brings up the fact that Dexter and Rita aren't married and Dexter ham-handedly suggests that maybe they should get married. Rita explains that she got married the first time because she was pregnant and she doesn't want to get married again unless it's for the right reasons.

Prado tells Dexter that he wants to tell his brother that Freebo is dead since he is unable to move on from the younger brother's death. Of course, Dexter doesn't want that to happen so he sets out to show Prado that his brother is a loose cannon and shouldn't be told.

Rita gets fired from her job after calling a difficult customer a bitch.

Dexter shows up at a restaurant/bar where Ramon is drinking and engages him in conversation. He lets Ramon know that Miguel has been confiding in him and that Miguel is moving on. Ramon takes offense at the suggestion that Miguel is accepting his brother's death.

La Guerta talks to Prado about the innocent man he has sent to prison and he refuses to do anything.

Deb goes to the CI to ask if Quinn is a good guy. He explains that Quinn helped him out of a jam once. He doesn't really know him, but says if it weren't for him he would be sitting there drinking alone.

Angel gets caught up in a prostitution sting. The "hooker" sees his badge and whispers in his ear to "take a pass, Sergeant". When he doesn't understand, she flashes her badge at him and throws him out of the room calling him a deadbeat. Later she shows up at Angel's office and reads him the riot act, he explains himself to her and she leaves on okay terms. (Maybe these two end up having a relationship?)

Ramon comes into the office and causes a scene with La Guerta and Angel because the cops aren't doing their jobs in finding Freebo. He says he has been getting anonymous calls from someone claiming to have seen Freebo in Miami and that the cops are ignoring the calls. Of course, Dexter is the anonymous caller.

La Guerta goes to the attorney for the innocent guy and gives her all the evidence indicating that her client is innocent.

Dexter calls Ramon again claiming that he saw Freebo again. He agrees to meet him in a bar, but leaves him waiting. He then goes to see Prado and tells him that he agrees that they should tell Ramon. He tells Prado to call Ramon, which he does. Ramon is obviously very drunk and Prado and Dexter go to the bar to talk to him. He gets belligerent and Prado tells Dexter that he's got it handled. Dexter leaves, but on his way out he tells the bouncer that Ramon put his hand on some girl in the bar. The bouncer goes to talk to Ramon and gets punched. The next day Dexter meets Prado on the beach and Prado says that Ramon can't be trusted, and that Dexter is the only person he can trust. Dexter dodges the bullet since they are no longer going to tell Ramon their secret.

Through everything, the IAB officer continues to hound Deb regarding Quinn.

At the end, Dexter comes to Rita and gives a "heartfelt" speech about his life being an unanswered question and that wherever he is he feels Rita and the kids with him. He doesn't want to miss banana splits or pizza night with them... and he proposes again. Rita, of course, is in tears and she and the kids accept his proposal.

Thanks, guys! So Dexter totally sets up Ramon...I love it. And I wonder if we'll ever see Dexter & Rita actually marrying.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Don't know about that. Previews seem to indicate a miscarriage might be in the works.

I feel that somehow Dexter is going to be found out by the DA/Sister or Rita. He is gone and didn't tell anyone exactly where he was going. I wonder if they will get a hold of him and it will be too late, Rita will be so angry he wasn't there with her she'll 86 him from her life again.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have a theory about Prado - wasn't it mentioned shortly after Oscar's murder that Oscar was involved in Freebo's drug trafficking? Is it possible that Prado is a user himself and that's why he's behaving so bizarrely? Maybe Oscar was at Freebo's house because of his older brother, a drug debt or something to that effect? We still don't know for sure why Oscar was threatening Freebo the night Dexter killed him. And Ramon is totally in the dark about both his brothers. So Prado showing up at Freebo's girlfriend's house to kill Freebo wasn't for revenge, but to save his own hide.

Interesting theory.

TV Guide is reporting that the show has been picked up for two more seasons! Woot!

Renewal News: Dexter to Kill Again... and Again

Showtime has opted to kill two morally bankrupt murderers birds with one stone, picking up Dexter for two more seasons, it was announced on Tuesday.

Seasons 4 and 5 will consist of 12 episodes each, with production to commence this spring in Los Angeles.

"Dexter's enormous success is a tribute to the great achievements of its cast, the producing team, the author of the original book [Jeff Lindsay], and the gifted Michael C. Hall," says Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt. "I thought at best we would attract a devoted cult audience but soon realized that, ironically, this show is so thematically rich and layered with humanity that audiences of all kinds have flocked to it."

Hall is a two-time Emmy and Golden Globe nominee for his portrayal of Dex, while the series itself was nominated this year for five Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series.
    Renewal News: Dexter to Kill... for at least two more seasons - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Woo hoo!

+ Reply to Thread