+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Last night's show was a bit slow for my liking. Although we laughed out loud at the prenatal yoga class and Deb's song.

So is Dexter losing it? Murdering a child molester who hasn't actually killed anyone? Completely abandoning Harry's "code"? Or was it just supposed to part of the episode's "lion" theme?

I checked Jimmy Smits' IMDB page and there's only four Dexter episodes listed, but something is missing because last night's epi wasn't listed, but ones for Oct 26th & Nov 9th are there.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think the whole murder of the child molester was to clue us in that Dexter does want to be a father. He's protecting his cubs from those kind of people. He was talking to the little girl in the grocery store and Dexter just knew something was wrong with the guy. Is Deb in bed with that informant now? They seemed very chummy.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I am really creeped out by Jimmy Smits' character. Is this secret something he's gonna hold over Dexter's head forever? Is killing the child molester the first step toward Dexter's being able to kill anyone (Smits) just because they are in his way?

I was wondering about Deb and the informant myself. He is of cute in a bad boy criminal kind of way.

Laguerta needs a stable man. They have had her sleep with half the random guys who have passed through this series.

I laughed out loud at Deb's song as well.....hilarious...and I do see her getting a little close with the informant. He knows something about that cop, and I have the feeling his "relationship" with Deb is going to cost him.

Dexter is def. taking a big turn in his "codes" and behaviors. It's been coming on for the last couple of seasons. Discovering that he does feel actual emotions and love. It has already begun to change him as a killer. It made him comfortable to step outside the code Harry taught him. He couldn't take a chance and wait for someone to pounce on one of his cubs. He is feeling the emotions he thought he lacked earlier in the series and protecting the ones he loves. His killing Lila was questionable within the code. That was more of a self preservation kill. Not that she wasn't as wacky as they came anyway.

Now Prado, this guy is a little off to say the least. He def. has a bit of a dark side of his own. Seems that he may not actually kill, but he may be using the law the same way Dexter uses his knife. We don't know the whole story yet revolving around this case of the innocent man that Prado convicted. If the guy is innocent of this and guilty of something else than it shows that Prado is a bit of an avenger himself. I'm also not sure about Prado showing up to kill Freebo. Did he follow Dexter? Would he have killed Freebo himself? He was fixated on Dexter before he caught him at Freebo's hideout. As they say maybe game recognizes game. Maybe Prado saw something dark in Dexter. Or maybe he's just fascinated in Dexter working in all of that blood. Who knows? We do know that Dexter can't have this guy under him all of the time, and he's awfully good at sneaking up on Dexter. He's also a bit of a loose cannon. Lucky for Dexter that he's already broken his "code". I think he's going to have to bury Prado.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3217122;
    Laguerta needs a stable man. They have had her sleep with half the random guys who have passed through this series.

I laughed out loud at Deb's song as well.....hilarious...and I do see her getting a little close with the informant. He knows something about that cop, and I have the feeling his "relationship" with Deb is going to cost him.

Dexter is def. taking a big turn in his "codes" and behaviors. It's been coming on for the last couple of seasons. Discovering that he does feel actual emotions and love. It has already begun to change him as a killer. It made him comfortable to step outside the code Harry taught him. He couldn't take a chance and wait for someone to pounce on one of his cubs. He is feeling the emotions he thought he lacked earlier in the series and protecting the ones he loves. His killing Lila was questionable within the code. That was more of a self preservation kill. Not that she wasn't as wacky as they came anyway.

Now Prado, this guy is a little off to say the least. He def. has a bit of a dark side of his own. Seems that he may not actually kill, but he may be using the law the same way Dexter uses his knife. We don't know the whole story yet revolving around this case of the innocent man that Prado convicted. If the guy is innocent of this and guilty of something else than it shows that Prado is a bit of an avenger himself. I'm also not sure about Prado showing up to kill Freebo. Did he follow Dexter? Would he have killed Freebo himself? He was fixated on Dexter before he caught him at Freebo's hideout. As they say maybe game recognizes game. Maybe Prado saw something dark in Dexter. Or maybe he's just fascinated in Dexter working in all of that blood. Who knows? We do know that Dexter can't have this guy under him all of the time, and he's awfully good at sneaking up on Dexter. He's also a bit of a loose cannon. Lucky for Dexter that he's already broken his "code". I think he's going to have to bury Prado.
    You've pretty much summed up what I've been thinking, except for the bolded part. I'm not so much in agreement that his killing of Lila was that far outside his code. After all, she had killed two people that we know of before attempting to kill Dexter and the kids. Though I will agree that he probably would not have killed her if it weren't for the fact that she did attempt to kill him and the kids.

Does anyone else have a suspicion that Miguel is the 'skinner' from last episode? Just a thought I had whilst watching the episode.

I love the relationship Dexter has with Prado, I find him quite unpredictable and it's unnerving to think he has something over Dexter and you aren't sure what he's going to do with it.

I don't think he's the skinner but his actions by getting a conviction on that guy and putting him away for life are shady as heck.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3216595;
    Is killing the child molester the first step toward Dexter's being able to kill anyone (Smits) just because they are in his way?
    I think so. I'm thinking that the "accidental" killing of Oscar made Dexter more reckless. I bet he's going to get a comeuppance soon, though.

By the way...in the books, LaGuerta is quite the hussy. Known for sleeping her way to the top. That's one of the few aspects of her character that was carried over to the TV series.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3217213;
    You've pretty much summed up what I've been thinking, except for the bolded part. I'm not so much in agreement that his killing of Lila was that far outside his code. After all, she had killed two people that we know of before attempting to kill Dexter and the kids. Though I will agree that he probably would not have killed her if it weren't for the fact that she did attempt to kill him and the kids.
    Yeah,you're right, he can def. fit the Lila kill within his code. So I agree that he killed her for that reason, just, as you said, not that reason alone. The fact that she knew that Dexter himself was a killer was her demise. He killed her for Rita and the kids, killed her for being homicidal herself, but most of all, I think he killed her for what she knew and to get rid of her so he could sleep at night. Prado will probably have to meet the same fate. Noone alive knows what Dexter does, and Dexter likes it that way.

I was thinking, what if Prado is more like Dexter than I originally thought. He stalks the people he's trying to convict to see if they deserve what he's about to give them. It just stands out to me how well he sneaks up on people. I could see it when Doakes did it, he was, at least, a cop who was used to sneaking up on people. But Prado is an ADA, why is he so good at creeping up on Dexter. He also seems sure about that questionable conviction, and for some reason he doesn't give the sense that it has anything to do with preserving his conviction rate.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-14-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3216556;
    Last night's show was a bit slow for my liking. Although we laughed out loud at the prenatal yoga class and Deb's song.

So is Dexter losing it? Murdering a child molester who hasn't actually killed anyone? Completely abandoning Harry's "code"? Or was it just supposed to part of the episode's "lion" theme?

I checked Jimmy Smits' IMDB page and there's only four Dexter episodes listed, but something is missing because last night's epi wasn't listed, but ones for Oct 26th & Nov 9th are there.
    I really think "Dexter" jumped the shark at the end of last season. The plot became so convoluted that it just didn't make any sense anymore. And whenever a show has to bring in a "star" - Jimmy Smits, then you know it's on it's last leg.

+ Reply to Thread