+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I watched this entire series online, probably shortly after the finale of Season 2. Just have to say that I absolutely love it, and can't wait until S3 airs. I don't have the channel though, so I'll have to continue watching online.

I had no idea that this was an adaptation from books. I'll have to see if I can find them.
    I also loved Michael C Hall in Six Feet Under. That was one of the better series I have seen.
    I am nobody. Nobody is perfect.
    Therefore, I am perfect.

Is Season 2 ever going to get on DVD? I really can't wait to watch it.

Do you have comcast cable? Seasons 1 and 2 are on demand. That's how I'm going to catch up on Season 2. I'm glad cbs started showing the show. I never heard of the show so had no idea what I was missing!

There's a fair amount of differences between the books and the series - if you read the books and then watch the show, you'll just barely recognize Doakes and LaGuerta. In the second novel, the killer's "style" is so incredibly twisted I can't imagine they'll recreate it for the series. It definitely won't make the heavily-edited network reruns.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like that LaGuerta and her replacement are on the same page....

Dexter

This is a show on Showtime I have recently gotten into by catching up on the old seasons online and I think its pretty interesting. It is a peek into the mind of a serial killer but you end up liking him anyways because he only kills other killer or "bad people." He acts like he has no feelings but as I have gotten into more episodes you do realize he is human and does lose it a few times .. I'm still learning how he became a serial killer but its pretty fascinating and sad .. anyways .. anyone else a Dexter addict?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

*bump* Toby, here's the thread you were seeking about Dexter.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hi Toby--yes, quite a few of us Dexter addicts, all at different places in the series---I, for example, have only watched the non-cable version, which was on during the writers' strike. Hope it returns even though the writers are back---does anyone know if it will?

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2981791;
    Do you have comcast cable? Seasons 1 and 2 are on demand. That's how I'm going to catch up on Season 2. I'm glad cbs started showing the show. I never heard of the show so had no idea what I was missing!
    Nope, sadly I don't have comcast, so I will have to wait for DVD. I am thinking of getting showtime just for season 3, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3073742;
    Hi Toby--yes, quite a few of us Dexter addicts, all at different places in the series---I, for example, have only watched the non-cable version, which was on during the writers' strike. Hope it returns even though the writers are back---does anyone know if it will?
    I saw a news blip yesterday saying that Jimmy Smits is joining the cast, so it will definitely be back for a 3rd season. I'm just hoping that we in Canada won't have to wait until the season finishes airing in the U.S. - I used to hate waiting for the Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

ETA: PWS, I misunderstood, I guess you're asking if the networks will pick the show back up. I would get the unedited versions on DVD.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread