+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by pooja;2823150;
    i heart this show. seriously. the world is a better place with people like dexter in it, i think.

This is why the show is sooo brilliant! Michael C. Hall does such an amazing job of making the audience fall in love with him. It's so crazy how you see this man murdering people and taking the law into his own hands, yet you are rooting for him. What cracks me up is that when I would explain this to my friends they would think I was nutso for sympathizing with a serial killer and really didn't get it. Now that CBS started airing season one and they've had a chance to catch the Dexter bug, they have so much love for him too! It's so refreshing seeing such a well written show with such talented and convincing actors on network television.
    Last edited by Toby; 03-04-2008 at 04:31 PM.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just have to say again how MUCH I love this show! Just feel so sorry for Dexter on the outside looking in!
    Worried there for a minute that he was going to take his conversation with the immigrant killers to mean he should dump his girlfriend and go look for a matching serial killer female.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, now I'm worrying that the ice truck killer is going to be the doctor who romancing Dexter's sister....he's either a poor actor or there was something forced about the relationship (in which case he's a good actor!). Especially since I saw something that implies that the killer is caught tonight...seems like it should be someone we've seen already. Really looking forward to tonight!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ha! I was right about the boyfriend! So glad Dexter managed to have sex w/o driving off his girlfriend.
    And apparently I'm the only one watching the show...unless you saw the original you all are missing a great show!

You're not the only one watching, but I caught most of them on reruns a while ago on the original network and I really enjoy it. I don't always make a point to watch, but it's a great show when you're looking for good tv. It's somewhat too bad they've had to clean it up, but I'm amazed at how well it still works without all the unedited glory.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2900610;
    You're not the only one watching, but I caught most of them on reruns a while ago on the original network and I really enjoy it. I don't always make a point to watch, but it's a great show when you're looking for good tv. It's somewhat too bad they've had to clean it up, but I'm amazed at how well it still works without all the unedited glory.
    I actually have trouble imagining what they cut, it seems to work so smoothly. If it's just a lot of blood flowing and detailed dissection technique I'm fine without seeing more. Am I losing any of the plot?
    It's back again tonight, after a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2952090;
    I actually have trouble imagining what they cut, it seems to work so smoothly. If it's just a lot of blood flowing and detailed dissection technique I'm fine without seeing more. Am I losing any of the plot?
    It's back again tonight, after a week off.
    I haven't watched too many of the episodes on CBS, so I can't be sure, but I do remember when I watched the edited version on OnDemand that the language was dubbed to be much "cleaner." Deb, in particular, swears a lot, as does Doakes. They also edited out any sex scenes and (I think) some of the violence. The only thing I found distracting about the edits was the language. I remember wincing at the words they used to replace profanity. So unrealistic.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm almost finished the 3rd Dexter novel and just started watching the series. Michael C. Hall was amazing in Six Feet Under (my favourite TV show, ever), so it doesn't surprise me that he's outstanding as Dexter. I watched a heavily edited epi on CTV (a Canadian affiliate) and yesterday we saw another one on a movie channel, which wasn't censored (much better). I already knew who the Ice Truck Killer was from the second novel, but this Lila person is a mystery to me as she doesn't appear in the books. Is Dexter having a relationship with her at the same time as Rita? The show we watched last night was a bit confusing, and I think it's a season ahead of the CTV edited episodes.

BTW, for anyone who watches this show and hasn't read the books, definitely check them out. Dexter's first-person narrative is outrageously funny.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm only watching on CBS, and don't think we've met a Lila yet.... Confusing that there are so many versions going around!

Yes, Dexter does have a relationship with Lila while he is seeing Rita.

+ Reply to Thread