+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I was hooked form the start and really enjoyed it.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I'm so glad more people are able to see Dexter and fall in love with the show! I hope they'll air all 12 episodes, even though the writer's strike is over.

PWS - if you look back in this thread, you aren't the only one who is surprised about liking Dexter even though he's a sociopath. Michael C. Hall is so great in the role that you can't help sort of rooting for Dex. His voice-overs are probably my favorite part of the show. I think if we weren't in his head, so-to-speak, it might be a different story. You're not far off in your idea about the Ice Truck Killer. I won't spoil it for you - you'll just have to watch and find out!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2800046;
    I'm so glad more people are able to see Dexter and fall in love with the show! I hope they'll air all 12 episodes, even though the writer's strike is over.

PWS - if you look back in this thread, you aren't the only one who is surprised about liking Dexter even though he's a sociopath. Michael C. Hall is so great in the role that you can't help sort of rooting for Dex. His voice-overs are probably my favorite part of the show. I think if we weren't in his head, so-to-speak, it might be a different story. You're not far off in your idea about the Ice Truck Killer. I won't spoil it for you - you'll just have to watch and find out!
    I knew that others had said that...but I was still surprised at how he reeled me in! Guess I thought I was sterner stuff! I did scan the past comments and got spoiled a bit already...but I'm not one who minds spoilers that much. To any others new to the show, though, if you don't like spoilers don't read earlier parts of this thread!
    And I agree, Critical, if we didn't have the voiceovers it wouldn't be the same at all. I really look forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2800046;
    I'm so glad more people are able to see Dexter and fall in love with the show! I hope they'll air all 12 episodes, even though the writer's strike is over.!
    Me too, all of my friends watched this Sunday, and now they are hooked too! It's the best because now I have a bunch of people I can talk about the show with now, as opposed to the select few that had Showtime berfore...and they all though that it was amazing even with the edits (that IMHO were really not a big deal at all)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

I bought Dexter Season 1 and became instantly addicted. Now I want to get Shotime so I can watch Dexter. Does anyone know if I can get episodes from Season 2 on Demand (and what the heck that "on demand" thing is)? I don't want to order Showtime and jump into season 3 because I hear it will ruin the whole season 2 for me (if that makes sense...dunno if it would ruin it...I didn't even read this thread because I don't want to ruin season 2...and I am rambling...it's past my bedtime..I tend to ramble)
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Husband and I have been watching all of season 2 on demand the last couple of weeks. We only have the finale left! wow I can't wait till tonight
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee;2804979;
    \ Does anyone know if I can get episodes from Season 2 on Demand (and what the heck that "on demand" thing is)?
    LOL...On demand is a channel that requires a monthly subscription. Many major stations, especially the movie channels, have an On Demand Channel. Usually the subscription is cheap ($4.95 a month for me) and from what I understand you don't have to subscribe to Showtime itself to add it to your cable package. Once you have on demand you're able to rent all of the movies,specials,and series featured on that channel for the month without paying an additional fee.

Season two is currently available, however the first 6 episodes are only available until 3/4. The rest of the season is available until 3/11.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I can tell I've gotten hooked on this...everytime I see "Dexter" flash on screen even for just a 15 second commercial my eyes pop open and I sit up thinking it's about to start. Can't wait for the next episode.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Awww, I was feeling so sorry for Dexter last night when he said, If I had a heart it would be breaking about now....
    And those of you who have seen more episodes, do we ever find out if he was able to successfully convert the teen rape victim killer into a "dogooder" killer?

i heart this show. seriously. the world is a better place with people like dexter in it, i think.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

+ Reply to Thread