+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I saw a blurb on tv that this may be shown on one of the network, CBS or NBC but may be edited down alot. I'll try to find more information.

CBS to borrow Dexter from Showtime | Entertainment | Television | Reuters

Found it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Doakes was a pain in the butt but he was OUR pain in the butt...hated to see him go. Now I can imagine that Laguerta (sp?) will become Dexter's new nemesis in trying to clear her former lover's/friend's name.

I can't imagine the show having the same impact on network tv that it has on cable, but even a watered down version of Dexter will be a treat for those who never saw it before.

The first time I saw the show was on OnDemand in the free section. Since it wasn't in the Showtime selections, it was edited for content. I'd guess they might edit it a bit more for network TV, but I'm sure it will still be more powerful (and better) and 99% of the shows on network TV any day.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Agree w/above post that it will be better than most of the junk on TV. It is an excellent show unedited on Showtime (or DVD) but should still be pretty damn good on network...

Hi, I'm new to this but here goes. I loves me some Dexter and am so happy to find other Dexamaniacs to talk about the show with. Some things have driven me nuts about the show though. Sorry, but I can't stand the actress that plays Deb. I find her offensively unattractive. A little harsh but it's painful to watch her, especially in sex scenes,because it's so hard to believe that any of these guys would want to be with her(even a serial killer). I'm cringing now just picturing her, and her greasy hair, rolling around in bed. Yuck! She's also not very convincing when she's cussing. It's a huge part of her character but she sounds like she's forcing the words out. I'm also convinced that Doakes got killed off for bad acting. The guy played him like a parody of an angry black cop in some "Naked Gun" type movie. I don't know if the other actors are just so good that he stood out or what. I'd laugh whenever he was in a scene and I don't think that that was the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB;2768162;
    Agree w/above post that it will be better than most of the junk on TV. It is an excellent show unedited on Showtime (or DVD) but should still be pretty damn good on network...
    I couldn't agree with you more! This show is what it is because of the excellent acting and the insanely creative story line! I have so many friends who didn't have a chance to watch the show because they were not Showtime subscribers. I am now encouraging all of my buddies to check it out so they can share in this awesome program and become "Dexamaniacs" like us

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I am curious about how the show will translate to network television.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2770713;
    I'm also convinced that Doakes got killed off for bad acting.
    Doakes (and Debra) are both portrayed as they are written in the books.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Doakes is killed off in the second book but in a different way.

Both Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) and Erik King (Doakes) both do an excellent job with their characters.

Yea, I'm curious to see how this pans out. I think its really going to be great. I heard that they are only cutting out six minutes in the editing process which is nothing. I've already started rallying my friends to get ready for the premiere on the Feb 17

I just ordered the books of amazon too, which I'm really excited to start reading

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I can't believe we are getting this in Canada on regular tv. (not cable). I can watch it! Unless, of course the writer's strike bumps it out once they agree to something.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I watched this last night after reading all the positive stuff here, and I have to say it was great. I'll definitely watch or at least tape it again. I don't get the cable channels so this my only chance....while the writers catch up.
    I do agree the angry black cop seemed just off the wall...I started to wonder if he was a serial killer, too, he was so tuned into Dex...maybe that's how the refridgerator truck killer seems to know about Dex. And the sister, yeah, a little awkward. But if that's how she, and he, are written in the books I guess they are doing a good job.
    Anyway, Dex is adorable (very weird to write about a serial killer)...love the kid who played him as a child...felt so sorry for him and the teen version....and I look forward to finding out more about why he is as he is. Guess I will have to look up the books when the shows run out.

+ Reply to Thread