+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1070
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Considering how much I hated the series finale, I don't know if I'd watch it, even though I adore Michael C. Hall.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

REf Dexter spinoff. I just let my Showtime go. I really liked Masters of Sex and Ray Donavon, but I'm not sure if I will get Showtime again just to see them. I would definitely not get it to watch more of Dexter. The writers insulted me enough already on that one. lol Oh, Homeland is no reason for me to get Showtime anymore either. I'm done with that one too.

Wow this is strange news. Why end the show if there was a glimmer of more? They got rid of everyone interesting, I can't imagine where the show will go now! Maybe if they had all new writers etc there might be something to salvage.....

I loved Dexter, some parts were , meh. But overall MCH won us over until the end

Love Homeland, love it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Well if Homeland can get another season after this brutal past one, then I guess anything is possible in tv land, lol I liked the last season of Dexter better than season 3 of Homeland.

I could envision a spinoff of Dexter, but the writers were so lazy and lacked imagination in the last few seasons. They even forgot what had happened in previous seasons. It was plain insulting to the fans. They would have to get back the original wirters to arouse my interest, but I think some of them had died, so that's not possible.

It was like the writers didn't care anymore. They allowed Dexter to do crazy things that he would never do in the beginning, like not care about going on video cameras, calling 911, giving too much information about his crimes to various people, etc. It really jumped the shark. Then they brought in characters that viewers detested to be his love interest. When they killed they Rita, the show went down hill. It never recovered, IMO.

I could see Dexter working in the Pacific northwest. He could be secretly trying to get into contact with Harrison after several years, but afraid to get too close for fear of detection. Maybe they could be pen pals and just communicate by video chat. And Dexter's life would involve tracking down evil killers on the West coast. I could see it, but due to the prior poor writing, I wouldn't pay for Showtime to see it.

Just had breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning and Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter was seated next to me... very random. She is very pretty in person. She was with Seth Avett from the Avett Brothers...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Just had breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning and Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter was seated next to me... very random. She is very pretty in person. She was with Seth Avett from the Avett Brothers...
    That's amazing! Did you know she eats there?

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    That's amazing! Did you know she eats there?
    We go there pretty often and have never seen her there before... Not sure if there is a movie she is filming in town or maybe she was there with her boyfriend... there is a rumor she is dating Seth Avett and he is from NC. So who knows... I debated on saying something but decided not to, as they were eating and I didn't want to intrude.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    OMG! That's incredible! I'm such a celebrity hound. I see that you are from Charlotte, NC. I'm in Raleigh. You know Michael C. Hall is from Raleigh, though, I've never seen him here. I did see Sharon Lawrence once. (actress)

I didn't realize Seth Avett was from NC. I read a story awhile back that she had stole him from his wife or something. I don't knowi if that was true. I wonder how they met.

I found out how they met. At a concert.

Jennifer Carpenter New Boyfriend Seth Avett: Dexter Star Steps Out - Us Weekly

Jennifer's character was treated so poorly on Dexter. She was a huge star on that show and they sent her off by dumping her body in the sea where serial killers had been dumped. No respect, IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread