+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1070
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    The episde was a big downer, but I suppose there's not much optimism wrapping up the life of a serial killer--even one like Dexter.
    I think it could have gone a couple of different ways, but they went with dark instead of darkly comedic. I think it would have been perhaps a little more imaginative to go out with a smirk and a wink and given us something more unexpected - Dexter and Hannah turning on each other, for instance - but this was maybe the easier choice.
    wannasee likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

i totally agree . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It felt kind of weird to me, but I can't say I was disappointed. I wasn't expecting too much. The best part of the episode was Dexter riding into the storm on Slice of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I think it could have gone a couple of different ways, but they went with dark instead of darkly comedic. I think it would have been perhaps a little more imaginative to go out with a smirk and a wink and given us something more unexpected - Dexter and Hannah turning on each other, for instance - but this was maybe the easier choice.
    I really would have preferred darkly comedic. I don't mind an open ending at all, but I was a little disappointed because this didn't feel like a "smart" ending.

I agree with others that dumping Deb in the ocean seemed all wrong. I suppose I get that he felt like she was a "victim" of his lifestyle, but she wasn't an intentional victim and certainly didn't deserve to be dropped to the bottom of the ocean with all of the scum he killed before her!!

While I understand the producer's explanation that he isolated himself because he felt like he hurt everyone around him, it still felt too out of character for him to abandon Harrison. I just didn't "believe" that he would make that choice.
    Punkin, cablejockey and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fan

I didn't like to see Deb die, but I was just glad that they hadn't gone with a more typical ending where Dexter would have gotten killed(most likely protecting someone) or end up in jail, and was also grateful that they didn't kill off anymore of the main characters. I've seen a lot of people complaining places online about Dexter becoming a lumberjack. Would they have liked it better if he took up some other type of profession? lol

My favorite season was definitely season 4, with The Trinity Killer. I thought that was the most exciting one and Lithgow played the part very well. My least favorite season was probably the one with Lumen. Some of the people that I was sorry to see killed off too soon in the past were Doakes and Frank Lundy.
    cablejockey likes this.

I never cared for Doakes. I was kind of glad he went out.

The way the show ended, kind of left it open that it could return one day as a movie or mini series. The last few seasons were so poor that it would take some really good writers to get fans interested in it again though.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I heard the ending and didn't believe it. What a load of crap. The writers should be ashamed. After season 4 this show really fell apart. The ending just makes no sense. He doesn't want Harrison to grow up with him because he's a monster but the other serial killer is ok?
    I'm so glad I gave up on this show months ago.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I really would have preferred darkly comedic. I don't mind an open ending at all, but I was a little disappointed because this didn't feel like a "smart" ending.

I agree with others that dumping Deb in the ocean seemed all wrong. I suppose I get that he felt like she was a "victim" of his lifestyle, but she wasn't an intentional victim and certainly didn't deserve to be dropped to the bottom of the ocean with all of the scum he killed before her!!

While I understand the producer's explanation that he isolated himself because he felt like he hurt everyone around him, it still felt too out of character for him to abandon Harrison. I just didn't "believe" that he would make that choice.
    Good post, and nice sum-up of my feelings! As for abandoning Harrison, I almost could buy that if he hadn't abandoned him with Hannah. :-(

I guess one day he will go find Harrison. Recall what he said to Harrison in that last phone call? He says please know that I love you until the next time I see you. Perhaps that will be 10 years later.

FORT Fanatic

After seeing the end to breaking bad this weekend it really puts this show to shame. It goes to show you what happens when a person who creates a show maps the ending out when the show is created and not on the fly a few seasons past it's prime.
    This ending could be worse and more of a cop out then Lost.

FORT Fan

January 16, 2014

At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, Showtime’s president, David Nevins, revealed there’s still a chance for a Dexter spinoff. And that if it happens, it would be about… Dexter.

Showtime Says Dexter Spinoff is Still Possible and Would be About Dexter Himself - IGN

+ Reply to Thread