+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1070
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

It felt kind of weird to me, but I can't say I was disappointed. I wasn't expecting too much. The best part of the episode was Dexter riding into the storm on Slice of Life. I liked that much better than burning it and saying Dexter and Hannah perished that way. I was a little disappointed that Quinn didn't take charge and kill Saxon though. I wonder if that was one version they filmed, but just decided to go with a different version. Hmmm...maybe the truth will come out later.

There were so many holes that I don't know where to start. Like wouldn't Deb's alarms go off when Dex disconnected her? And once they ran the video in the airport, they would have seen Dexter was the one who put the fake bomb under the seat. They would have nabbed him before he left the airport.

I wonder if the spin off show will be about Miami PD or Dexter in his new home.
    Punkin likes this.

Not a fan of the way things ended. Would have much rathered Deb survive and Dex chosing to leave and start over. Harrison is raised by Deb, who now knows all about Dex, and watches and worries about Harrison one day needing a code. Would she do what Harry did knowing the outcome? Would Dex return one day to surprise everyone and try and stop his son from becoming a serial killer...or would they join forces?

I also did not like Deb's burial at sea. Deb was once a pretty darn good cop before Dex got in her way. It's like the writers were confirming that after all of the good Deb had done as a cop, after killing Laguerta she was no better than someone on Dex's table. That by covering for a killer, hiding another killer in her house with her nephew, she had become a bad guy. I just wanted better for Deb. Dexter had already taken so much from her- Harry, her identity as an excellent cop, her peace of mind and the brother she thought she knew and loved, her mentor (sort of) in Laguerta. For her to die let Dexter off easy. He gets to move on and make lumberjacks disappear if he so chooses while he sends his son off to be raised by a serial killer. Great ending for Dexter...not so great for anybody else.

This season could have been epic, but it went out with a fizzle instead.
    Punkin and cablejockey like this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

The finale was ok with my expectations as low as they were. It was a pity. I wish they had gotten writers of the same caliber as the Breaking Bad writers and made this show as great as it should have been. I don't care about any spin off with the quality of the show the way it is. I don't care about the bumbling idiots at Miami metro police department and Dexter has long gotten on my nerves. Deb deserved better than what she got. I kind of wish instead of Dexter getting to be a lumberjack serial killer, Bautista would have finally gotten alarm bells off in his head when he clearly saw Dexter kill him not in self defense. I liked the spoiler about Quin better than what happened, but I guess it would be a stretch to assume that he is smarter than everyone else at Miami metro and figured out about Dexter.

I didn't like the gaping plot holes. I know at some point I should suspend disbelief, but when things don't make sense, it feels like they are insulting my intelligence. A few things: I found it odd that they weren't more concerned about Debra when she got shot. There was no paramedic with her in the back of the ambulance and the emergency department were leisurely strolling around as if she only got a scratch. Not only that, but when Dexter disconnected the machines, absolutely no one was monitoring them. Even if Dexter turned the sound down, there would be a telemetry nurse monitoring her from the nurses station, so someone would notice. Granted, I have never worked at a hospital in a hurricane area, but surely staff don't automatically stop doing their jobs in an evacuation.

I also found it odd that no one was concerned about Harrison's wherabouts after Dexter supposedly died. Harrison wasn't with Dexter at the police station, he obviously wasn't with deb and also not with Jamie. Dexter would not have left him alone somewhere, so when he supposedly drove off into the hurricane on his boat, Harrison had to be with someone else. Wouldn't they want to find out what happened to him?

And I still can't believe Hannah walks around in broad daylight without even a wig to try to hide her identity.
    cablejockey likes this.

Regarding Harrison...at first I thought it was another loose end as well, but I wonder if they just assumed that the viewers would conclude that Miami Metro believed Harrison was on the boat with Dexter. With all of the other gaping holes left in that storyline at least that's one I could be willing to accept.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

It's as if the writers just are brain dead themself. I mean, when Dexter starts to drop Deb's body into the sea where Dex has dropped all these killers, don't you think someone would have yelled, CUT. This feels disrepsecful to Deb, but noooo, they just go on like it's something wonderful. It was creepy to me. Even if he wanted to prevent her from being on life support, he could disabled that and left her body for a proper burial.

And why would Dexter feel afraid to have Harrison grow up with a serial killer who's his own father, as opposed to a serial killer who is a total stranger!!!!!!! Really warped thinking. I really hope the spin off show is not about Hannah in Argentia. I mean that is a horrible idea. Is this actress dating Scott Buck or something? She is the biggest villain on the show and not in a good way.

Dexter's biggest mistake was not killing Hannah when he had her on the table that night. It's been a cluster* since then.

I would rather see a spin off of Dexter as a lumber jack than about Hannah or Miami Metro.

FORT Fan

Thanks for the link - that does make the finale much easier to understand.

I am satisfied with the impression Dex is (probably) gone back to being a "monster". I did hate Deb's burial at sea - it was weird and didn't make much sense - but I'm ok with the rest. I still think Saxon was a unworthy final foe, though. When you consider all the effort that went into the Trinity character, for instance...Saxon was a lackadaisical villain in comparison.

Ah well. The books are still being written.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

When Dex was getting ready to throw Deb overboard, I thought maybe he would jump with her and commit suicide, but he didn't. That would have been a better ending than him showing up as a log truck driver. And are we supposed to believe that he swam to what looked like Alaska?
    Punkin likes this.

Oh, I didn't know it was Alaska. I thought it was Washington state. They have a lot of lumber yards like that there, right?

The season could have been so much better if they had only left Hannah out and had Lumen return. Fans would have supported Lumen. They would even have accepted her raising Harrison, but Hannah! It's so outrageous that it's appalling. The writers had no sensitivity for what the fans thought. They didn't even go with actions the characters would have taken on. That's why I say it looked like the actress who plays Hannah has some kind of connection with the producers. A relationship? Some weird fascination by Scott Buck? I don't know, but it's bizarre that a woman with so little acting ability arrives on a show, ruins it, and then walks off into the sunset as a heroine. AND potentially, gets her OWN spin off! (There's talk that the spin off is about her and Harrison. I can't imagine who would watch.)

It reminds me of when Matthew Weiner, creator of Mad Men, wrote in Megan, Don's wife and had her become a major character. The woman is challenged as an actor, IMO. Plus, her character is terrible. Anyway, Weiner just seems to love this actress. What's going on? Since the introduction of this character, the fans constantly complain and the show has dropped off their award winning days. But, each season, we keep seeing more of this character. Ugggghhh...
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-25-2013 at 08:35 AM.

I finally watched the last episode--I kept putting it off because I didnt want it to be over, lol--and it difficult to watch. Dexter was so close to a happy ending with his son and lover, and he was so happy that he didnt feel the need to kill Saxon? That set in motion so many more problems. If Deb had to die, why not right then and there when she was shot? They made it look so positive even after the surgery and the doctor expected Deb to recover. That blood clot came out of nowhere! Even Saxon didnt get another chance at her, but something random did--I really didnt like this.
    I did like that scene after Dexter killed Saxon(how did the actor manage to keep that crazy expression on his face so well?) and you could see that Quinn knew quite well what really happened and approved. I hated seeing Dexter drop his sister into the ocean, it seemed disrespectful. I wondered what all their friends would think of why Dexter took her.
    Poor Harrison seemed to know on some level that he wasnt going to see his father again when they said goodbye at the bus. The episde was a big downer, but I suppose there's not much optimism wrapping up the life of a serial killer--even one like Dexter.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread