+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Yay! I'm glad to hear the show was picked up for a third season. For some reson I was thinking this was the end-all episode coming up this weekend.

I peeked at the spoilers and I'm stoked. This show is a brilliant piece of work.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I've been watching too and find it fascinating! Who would have thought we'd find a likable hero in a serial killer!!
    The writing and the characters are so well done and beleivable. I do hope Dexter can find a way to keep Doakes alive, and also find a way to get rid of evil Lila who is more of a monster than Dexter could ever be.

Great season and can't wait for the finale. Glad to find out there is a third season too. Dexter has some nice muscles on him. I don't remember on 6 Feet Under if he was like that too...

Deb and Lundy just creep me out. Well to be honest, I've never been a fan of Deb.. and Lila. What a piece of work. Psycho witch.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Okay, seriously. Is the Hollywood Foreign Press smoking crack? Damages and Big Love get Golden Globe nominations for best drama and Dexter doesn't? Don't get me wrong, I think they're good shows, but they certainly aren't on par with Dexter. The Golden Globes commonly has more than 5 or 6 nominees in various categories (there are 7 noms for best actress in a TV show), so I don't see why they couldn't add one more show to the list.

At least Michael C. Hall got a well-deserved best actor nomination.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Excellent season finale! If you haven't seen it yet, I won't discuss it, but you need to watch because it was really good!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Since it's already aired in all time zones, you can talk about it all you want, buglover!

Even though I pretty much knew what was going to happen, it was still an awesome finale! I had mixed feeling about Doakes being killed, but I was glad that Lila killed him and not Dexter. While I do feel sad that he had to die and that Laguerta is so torn up about it, I'm happy that Dexter didn't get caught so that the show can continue.

Poor Deb - she just can't get a good man. First she dates the Ice Truck Killer and then she hooks up with Lundy, who leaves town as soon as the case is solved. I wonder what relationship horrors await her next season.

I was wondering how Dexter would be able to continue on killing, but it looks like he'll be changing his m.o. to avoid detection. I can't wait for season 3!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved that there was no cliffhanger to torture us til next season. All the s/ls were pretty neatly tied up. I was sorry to see Doakes go. After being saved from the drug dealers only to be locked up again and then have Lila--fire bug extraoridairre--kill himm, was hard to watch.
    It was easy to watch the demise of Lila who Dexter went easy on, killing her paralyzed body quickly. After she left Dexter and those 2 kids to die in a fire, she deserved worse.

I have to admit I actually cheered when the camera began following her in Paris. I knew right then, oh Dex is there and he's gonna silence her. The kill was neat and he didn't really take a lot of pleasure in it. I thought it was one of the best episodes!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm so hooked on this show! I was glad Dokes got killed, but not by Dex. I was afraid Lila was gonna get away, until I saw the postcard, then I knew Dex was there and he would "take care of her". Can't wait til next season!

Hey everyone. Is the whole season still available on demand? if so I'm gonna order up showtime for Hubby's birthday!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread