+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1184
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

  1. #901
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,468

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    And we gotta remember that there have been several changes in writing teams since the inception of EJami. Some writers have written for them as a wanna be couple and others have written for them as absolute enemies. This current writing team (and Ken Corday have come right out and said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    EJ/Sami are Lock Stock and Barrel, they are the endgame
    . In the end it's up to the producers to drive the s/ls, but if it behooves them to break up EJami they will. If it behooves them to have them be the happy couple who get into trouble together, then have at it - I prefer the latter myself.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  2. #902
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,793

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    My problem with Sami/EJ couple is do they really expect us to forget all that went on between them??
    like kidnapping their daughter? Sami shooting EJ? Will shooting EJ?
    and now they're in love.
    I have a really hard time getting past the fact that he raped her. I always liked them as a couple, and I think they are much better together than apart. But that rape is the event that is always stuck in my head now when they are together.

  3. #903
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,468

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Sami shooting EJ in the head doesn't bother anyone? Why is it always about the rape and never about her trying to murder him.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  4. #904
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,328

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have a really hard time getting past the fact that he raped her. I always liked them as a couple, and I think they are much better together than apart. But that rape is the event that is always stuck in my head now when they are together.
    Hey, it worked for Luke and Laura and pushed them into the stratosphere! Of course that was what, 30 years ago? Things have changed a lot in the world since then.

    Kind of reminds me of, I think, Wuthering Heights. The first time I saw the movie I couldn't get why they were considered this historical love story . . . they were AWFUL people. But then the point that was made was that the love story is sort of what made them better - their love was the redeeming quality, type thing? I don't know, maybe that's what they are going for with Sami and EJ. Make them equally bad people and then somehow it makes sense?

  5. #905
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    I think all these posts about EJ and Sami have now made me realize what they are doing. They need America's Favorite Soap Couple. Lots of publicity everywhere this way. Just like the Luke and Laura, Bo and Hope, Marlena and John, Julie and Doug (for us oldsters)
    They really don't have anyone like that now. And Sami is definitely Queen of DOOL.
    I always "Get" that they are incredibly attracted to each other but I think I was looking for Real Love...how silly of me to forget it's a Soap.

  6. #906
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,349

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think all these posts about EJ and Sami have now made me realize what they are doing. They need America's Favorite Soap Couple. Lots of publicity everywhere this way. Just like the Luke and Laura, Bo and Hope, Marlena and John, Julie and Doug (for us oldsters)
    They really don't have anyone like that now. And Sami is definitely Queen of DOOL.
    I always "Get" that they are incredibly attracted to each other but I think I was looking for Real Love...how silly of me to forget it's a Soap.
    I think you may be on to something, DL -- DOOL's need for a super-couple. The funny thing about Sami being part of a super-couple is that it's sort of a super-"who's your man this month, lady?" merry-go-round. Sami/EJ + Sami/Rafe + even, occasionally Sami/Lucas!!!

    For me, although this will not happen any time soon because it's not yet 'politically correct' -- the next up-and-coming super-couple on the show should be Will and Sonny. I love the two of them individually and together as a couple. But I don't think some of the show's fans are ready for that yet. Maybe someday. . .

  7. #907
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    I also love Will and Sonny. They could play any part and I would like them.
    I'm enjoying watching Nick squirm when his prison buddy comes around. Nice to see a bully feel scared. Nick is just so nasty.
    The discussion with Daniel and Chloe was really good to watch. Are we to assume that Chloe is thinking about suicide? Didn't she try that once before by jumping in the river?
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  8. #908
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,904

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I also love Will and Sonny. They could play any part and I would like them.
    I'm enjoying watching Nick squirm when his prison buddy comes around. Nice to see a bully feel scared. Nick is just so nasty.
    The discussion with Daniel and Chloe was really good to watch. Are we to assume that Chloe is thinking about suicide? Didn't she try that once before by jumping in the river?
    Ya, what do you all think is going to happen with her? Hmm.
    KAREN

  9. #909
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,150

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    My problem with Sami/EJ couple is do they really expect us to forget all that went on between them??
    like kidnapping their daughter? Sami shooting EJ? Will shooting EJ?
    and now they're in love.
    The family that shoots together stays together...LOL
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  10. #910
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    All I know is that Tuesday is Chloe's last day.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.