+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 116 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

And Chloe's mother!
    o my gosh, Nicole will certainly fall for the ex-con!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Well today's show reinforced how much I HATE Nick!!!! What a controlling manipulative little @ss!!! I really hope that Gabbie figures this out before he hurts her.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Finally, yesterday I was happy for Daniel and Jen!!!

NICK IS NASTY!!!

Sami continues to be a p.i.t.a BUT boy AS plays it so well and has for yearrrrrrrrs.
    combatcutie and Imperfect1 like this.
    KAREN

I'm so tired of poor little Jennifer playing the helpless damsel in distress and Chloe as the villain. So glad that Chloe's time/contract is almost up.
    She is so pretty but she looks plastic w/all the makeup, extremely dark hair and the orange tan. Would love to see her without all that.
    And I'm just not buying how John is treating Marlena. Too bad they can't bring in some cool older guy that would make John see what he could lose if he keeps this up.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm so tired of poor little Jennifer playing the helpless damsel in distress and Chloe as the villain. So glad that Chloe's time/contract is almost up.
    She is so pretty but she looks plastic w/all the makeup, extremely dark hair and the orange tan. Would love to see her without all that.
    And I'm just not buying how John is treating Marlena. Too bad they can't bring in some cool older guy that would make John see what he could lose if he keeps this up.
    I agree about how John is treating Marlena. It is SOOOOOO over-the-top and out of proportion to what she did --- which in my mind, was totally justifiable --- meaning she was just trying to prove Kristen's evil nature (and she was totally right) and to spare John's feelings (which was a kind and loving gesture). Even though it's true that Marlena finally (reluctantly) resorted to not being 'completely honest' with John in doing so --- to me, that was NOTHING compared to how most people live their lives, including John by the way, who has kept many secrets of his own from Marlena throughout the years (and has had so many secret lives and aliases (is that a word?) that we can barely keep them straight).

And speaking of having another man for Marlena, (even if just to make John come to his senses) -- I thought I saw a hint of that storyline beginning with John walking in on Roman hugging Marlena in the coffee shop, about a month or so ago --- but so far nothing else has happened with that. Although, right now I don't think jealousy would bring John closer to Marlena -- I actually think it would fuel his anger further and he would turn further away from her.

Re: Chloe -- I was so happy to hear that Chloe was coming back, (and later, I was even a little bit glad to see Nancy) --- but not to have them as an evil plotting twosome. Too bad that the writers had to turn Chloe into a total villain. I liked her so much better when she was a vulnerable sympathetic character --- even when she made some poor life choices.

Re: Jennifer -- It's interesting about Jennifer being such a good girl - damsel in distress -- but I kind of see it in a different way. It doesn't bother me so much because I see the 'Jennifer character' as being held hostage by the DOOL writers, in the sense that she is such a 'good' character that when she is finally driven to do something 'bad' --- it totally backfires. (Same for Marlena, by the way.) Like when, after all of Chloe and Ann's constant plotting and stalking Daniel and Jennifer, Jennifer finally broke down and didn't tell Chloe where she and Daniel were going for the evening, and it totally blew up in Jennifer's face when Daniel's son ended up in the hospital and no one could locate Daniel -- and he blamed Jennifer.

PS You're right about Chloe's makeup, DL. A couple of years ago Nadia Bjorlin was part of a delightful little ensemble reality show called "Dirty Soap" (produced by Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos), and we got to see her makeup more 'au natural' in her home and other 'real life' settings. She looked very beautiful and of course, so much more natural than her Chloe makeup.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 03-31-2013 at 06:16 AM.

I thought the same thing when I saw Roman and Marlena together....but now I don't think they're going in that direction. Roman is usually missing in action. I remember when he played Chris Kosicheck.....he was quite the ladies' man.
    He's never seemed like Roman to me....and his part is so small now. Could be the way the actor wants it or the writers...who knows? But I would love to see another middle aged couple have a romance, like Maggie and Victor. It's not just for the young.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw Roman and Marlena together....but now I don't think they're going in that direction. Roman is usually missing in action. I remember when he played Chris Kosicheck.....he was quite the ladies' man.
    He's never seemed like Roman to me....and his part is so small now. Could be the way the actor wants it or the writers...who knows? But I would love to see another middle aged couple have a romance, like Maggie and Victor. It's not just for the young.
    Couldn't agree more, with everything you said in your post, DL. I want more older romance too. The Victor and Maggie romance took me totally by surprise when it first started and it was just as lovely and much fun as romance between any young couple.

Had to laugh when you mentioned our 'current' Roman Brady, Josh Taylor originally playing Chris Kosicheck! That is one of the cast/character changes I was referring to in my post up above. The DOOL writers were driving the viewers so crazy with their multiple casting and re-casting that it was hard to wrap our heads around them. For the relatively new viewers, (and I will probably mix this up somewhat, so if I do, please forgive me) --- in one fairly short period of time, Josh Taylor was cast as bartender Chris Kosicheck and Wayne Northrop played Roman Brady. Then Wayne Northrop left the show and Blake Hogestyn came in as Roman Brady. Then Josh Taylor as Chris Kosicheck left the show and then Drake Hogestyn left the show. So then Josh Taylor came back to the show, but now he was recast as Roman Brady --- but wouldn't you know it, shortly afterwards they brought Blake Hogestyn back --- but his role of Roman Brady was taken, so they created some crazy mysterious fiction in which Marlena and some other characters thought he was Roman Brady but he wasn't -- he actually was some mystery man created by Stefano DiMera ---who believed himself to be Father John, but then he stopped being a priest (if he ever actually was one) and took the name John Black --- but wait. . . then he found out that he really turned out to be Lawrence Alamain's brother --- although he ended up keeping the name John Black.

By the way, if any of you guys ever notice Stefano saying to John, (as he recently just did, in their scene in Italy), "I created you." -- THAT'S what he was referring to.

But to me, Drake Hogestyn has always seemed like the 'real' Roman Brady. I've never really swallowed this 'Father John/John Black/Alamain brother' fiction. And Josh Taylor, with his down-home style and sorta Southern/Midwest accent, just has never seemed like he quite fit in as a real part of the Brady clan, to me.

I guess to me Wayne Northrop will always be Roman. I liked his quirky style. He's the one who first gave Marlena the name Doc. It bothers me when John calls her Doc. But then just about everything about Drake Hogestyn bothers me. He's so much of a Ham....kind of like William Shattner. He's always way OTT.

I may be in the minority here but I love Chloe.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Jen geeeez why are you allowing Chloe to walk all over you.

Why didn't you tell Daniel the truth? Gawd.

This s/l is getting really annoying. Chloe living every minute to get Daniel back. Gawd.

Sending Parker to Brazil. Geez.

Threatening Jen. Ugh.

Will it be another 6 months before the truth all comes out??????
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread