+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 150 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I agree that of late she's been depicted as rather loose, but that's rather new for her behaviour.

and for the record - by no means do I consider her a saint, but I don't want to paint her with a brush unfairly either.
    Fair enough. Just curious how long you've been, how long all of us here, have been watching Days? I've been watching for way too long lol - 20 years now I think. I remember when Sami and Lucas first met =P
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

I started watching in 1966...yes, they had tvs then!
    but I haven't watched all the time....some long dry spells during all those years.
    One story I missed and now wish I hadn't was the Marlena/John/Kristen story.
    When I began watching Julie was a teenager. whew!

I started watching before Patch was on. I watched until Sami had Will. Then I went to CBS and started watching Y&R and TBTB!

When Kristen (Ashley/Y&R) left Y&R (or actually was fired and no one knows why) I decided to follow her to DAYS. I feel Y&R has been stale for awhile.

I also am sorry I missed the John/Marlena/Kristen s/l.

I will say, wow, Maggi is married to Victor? That totally surprised me.

But I am glad to see sooooo many actors still on DAYS; Hope, Jennifer, Kayla, Adrienne, Carolyn, Billie, Lucas.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I started watching in 1966...yes, they had tvs then!
    but I haven't watched all the time....some long dry spells during all those years.
    One story I missed and now wish I hadn't was the Marlena/John/Kristen story.
    When I began watching Julie was a teenager. whew!
    You and I started watching at almost exactly the same time, DL. I started watching in July 1966 right in the middle of the most compelling storyline between Julie, Susan and David. Julie and David were teenagers, madly in love, but David was upset with Julie and slept with her best friend Susan, and of course Susan got pregnant --- Bam! During the very first episode I watched, I was hooked!
    Dragonlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Fair enough. Just curious how long you've been, how long all of us here, have been watching Days? I've been watching for way too long lol - 20 years now I think. I remember when Sami and Lucas first met =P
    I've watched since the late 70s but only became a regular viewer in the early 80s. I have taken long hiatuses (from 98-late 2006) due to being unhappy with s/l directions and such and I'm glad I didn't waste my time on the alien babies or all the Salemites being killed off, but were still alive. But when I came back and saw James Scott I was hooked again. I took another break winter of 2011 when EJ was going after Taylor and didn't return til mid summerish.

I tell ya - some of the crap they are giving us is making me considering taking another break - Dannifer are pathetic enough without adding Chloe to the picture and making her look soooo desperate.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

When I was really young my mom would watch occasionally, so I remember stuff like the original Bo and Hope story line. But I actually started watching on my own in the late 80s-early 90s. One of the most vivid story lines I remember was when Vivian buried Carly alive. I hated that story. It gave me the heebee-jeebees!! Since then I have watched on and off as my schedule allows. There were also times when I gave up for a while due to certain story lines. I couldn't take the Marlena possession story, it was just dumb. And I remember getting really weary of Stefano kidnapping Marlena, because the story seemed to drag on foreeeeever.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I also started watching in the late 60's. My mom used to watch & I suppose that's when I began to have some memory of it since I was just a kid. I didn't understand much but I remember noticing all the trouble/drama these people had in their lives & was glad we didn't. That & I remember thinking Julie was absolutely beautiful & wished I could look like that when I grew up.
    The first thing I remember was when Scott Banning & his wife had adopted David (& renamed him Scotty) and then found out she was dying of an incurable disease, and Julie wanted to regain custody. Also the Micky/Bill/Laura triangle & Tom and Laura trying to keep the secret of Mike's paternity. They really did keep that one a long time.
    Anyhow, after that I grew up watching these people & continued into adulthood. I stopped watching with the whole Marlena-as-the-devil storyline. I have watched sporadically since then, just enough to keep up with the characters' storys.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Miss Scarlet, like you, I thought Julie was gorgeous also....so much so that I can admit now...and have photos to prove it...that I grew out my long dark brown hair, bought a matching color braid...just like Julie and wore it all the time (like a headband)....silly now but I was in my 20's w/little bitty kids and looking for a little glamor, I suppose.
    I also missed the Possession of Marlena....and don't regret that at all.

Days Of Our Lives

I've been watching Days since '97. I started watching in the States and then watched it 4 years behind in the UK, until it was taken off the schedule. My story lines are convoluted as a result.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

man o man...it's as boring as heck right now!
    And I hate Sami with EJ....I guess I dislike Sami more than EJ.....the girl really needs to grow up...
    Lately, she's wearing far more mature clothes than she used to but she still acts like a little girl, who seems to be very needy.
    I got a good laugh at Julie talking to Gabi the other day....Julie referred to herself as a crazy drama girl in her youth (very true) but when did she become such a ham? She really over acts all the time. She was a drama queen at one time but I don't remember her being such a bad actress.

+ Reply to Thread