+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 150 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

I'll second that!
    I want to say that I do like how the new writers don't allow storylines to just drag on and on...viewers lose interest quickly. In the old days of Soap Operas and real housewives/moms there wasn't a lot on tv nor did the women have a lot of time to watch which makes me understand why they would drag it out so long.
    So I'm very glad loose ends get tied up quickly...we live in a much faster-paced life now.
    But what I haven't liked about the new writers is their want to keep so many of the old stars on screen so much. I enjoy seeing the older ones IF they are part of a storyline. Otherwise, we end up w/silliness just for the old ones.....for example, I used to love Julie and Doug but now??? They just seem to fill up space and like today at the wedding, they appeared to be bumbling fools.
    I'm not sure why Billie is there, especially with Bo Brady being gone. Kate doesn't seem to have any place either....unless Stefano comes back and they start up again.
    Marlena and John are fine with the good story concerning Kristen still wanting John but using Brady.
    It was sad to hear Victor refer to Julie and Doug as "long lost relatives in Cruise-wear." but it was the truth. Doug says nothing and Julie, always the ham, gushes and bubbles about nonsense.
    I think we saw with Alice and Tom that older stars can still have a place but done with dignity.
    sorry...just spouting off. Have watched DOOL since 1966 or 67, off and on.
    combatcutie and momrek06 like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'll second that!
    I want to say that I do like how the new writers don't allow storylines to just drag on and on...viewers lose interest quickly. In the old days of Soap Operas and real housewives/moms there wasn't a lot on tv nor did the women have a lot of time to watch which makes me understand why they would drag it out so long.
    So I'm very glad loose ends get tied up quickly...we live in a much faster-paced life now.
    But what I haven't liked about the new writers is their want to keep so many of the old stars on screen so much. I enjoy seeing the older ones IF they are part of a storyline. Otherwise, we end up w/silliness just for the old ones.....for example, I used to love Julie and Doug but now??? They just seem to fill up space and like today at the wedding, they appeared to be bumbling fools.
    I'm not sure why Billie is there, especially with Bo Brady being gone. Kate doesn't seem to have any place either....unless Stefano comes back and they start up again.
    Marlena and John are fine with the good story concerning Kristen still wanting John but using Brady.
    It was sad to hear Victor refer to Julie and Doug as "long lost relatives in Cruise-wear." but it was the truth. Doug says nothing and Julie, always the ham, gushes and bubbles about nonsense.
    I think we saw with Alice and Tom that older stars can still have a place but done with dignity.
    sorry...just spouting off. Have watched DOOL since 1966 or 67, off and on.
    I couldn't agree more. I love the older cast, but they need story lines. Some of the plot with the younger cast was getting ridiculous. There are some I'd rather them get rid of and bring back older characters (Frankie Brady over Chloe etc)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow! Incredible couple of days on Days! I am SOOOOOOO glad that Will has finally told everyone that he's the father --- but I'm so sorry that the fallout is hurting everyone so much. I knew this was going to hurt Will's relationship with Sonny (which makes me sad cause I love the two of them together), but I didn't even think about how the news would affect others ---like Sami and Rafe's budding new romance. (I guess this opens the door for EJ again, doesn't it?) I wonder how much different it would have been if Will had just come forward at the very beginning. There still would have been a lot of hurt --- but not as much as there is now. Ironically, the two that I'd like to see hurt the most (Gabby and Nick), will probably be fine. They can still get married and raise the baby together, even if everyone knows that Nick isn't the biological father. One thing I'm very relieved about was that I was sure that somehow Nick was going to force Will into legally signing away all of his rights to the baby. Now, at least, I don't think that would happen.

By the way, I love having the older cast there - ESPECIALLY at times of crisis, like now. This is what would happen in a real family. The older family members would be all around giving love and support to their younger family members and loved ones. I think that adds layers and dimensions to the stories. In this case, I am not happy that most of the Hortons are giving support to the wrong family member -- I'd much rather see them support Will than Nick --- but I'm still glad to see the older family members there. At least it brings a little more realism to the storyline.

I think the problem Rafe has with Will is that Nick told Rafe that Will wanted Gabby to get an abortion and took her for it. Nick made it seem like it was all Will wanting an abortion when in fact, it was Gabby. Nick made sure that it looked like Will was to blame for all this. Ugh, just hate Nick. Still a slimy little creep
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Yep, Nick's red horns and forked tail are becoming more obvious. I've never liked him so being one of the bad guys is fine with me.
    I hadn't foreseen all the fall-out that happened either. I was surprised at Sami's reaction. Didn't expect that.

Imperfect1, I also like the older cast to be there. I was front and center during all the Julie/Doug situation but I'd rather seen them being given something more than how they acted in the church. I remember Alice and Tom and even though, Tom's voice got a little shaky towards the end, they played mature relatives that the younger ones could look up to, depend upon and get help/advice. And now I see Maggie and Victor (formerly Bad Guy become Good Guy) becoming the older ones like that.
    It's probably partly because that's what the writers only give Julie to do...silly, over the top stuff..........and maybe because Julie was always hammy and over the top.
    I'm also not happy with the role Hope is given anymore. I know she and the writers want her to stay but she seems unnecessary. And it wasn't long ago that she was number 1.
    with Bo leaving, she needs a new storyline of her own to make her relevant.
    But for all I know, this is exactly what the actors/actresses want. I guess I should be happy that I get to see as many of the older ones as I can. I remember them well and would miss them if they weren't there.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Imperfect1, I also like the older cast to be there. I was front and center during all the Julie/Doug situation but I'd rather seen them being given something more than how they acted in the church. I remember Alice and Tom and even though, Tom's voice got a little shaky towards the end, they played mature relatives that the younger ones could look up to, depend upon and get help/advice. And now I see Maggie and Victor (formerly Bad Guy become Good Guy) becoming the older ones like that.
    It's probably partly because that's what the writers only give Julie to do...silly, over the top stuff..........and maybe because Julie was always hammy and over the top.
    I'm also not happy with the role Hope is given anymore. I know she and the writers want her to stay but she seems unnecessary. And it wasn't long ago that she was number 1.
    with Bo leaving, she needs a new storyline of her own to make her relevant.
    But for all I know, this is exactly what the actors/actresses want. I guess I should be happy that I get to see as many of the older ones as I can. I remember them well and would miss them if they weren't there.
    I agree, as much as I appreciate the old folks being involved, sometimes it is a challenge to keep them 'relevant.' Even the elderly Dr. Tom Horton and Alice Horton had their silly geriatric moments. I remember cringing when old Tom had his secret life as a hippy poet and wore a goofy disguise under the name of Norm De Plume. And Alice had her share of unlikely adventures, like when she got captured using the alias Cecily Smith when she tried to rescue Jen by tricking Lawrence Alamain, or when she broke Roman out of jail using her drugged doughnuts.

It's hard when formerly very important characters become irrelevant. Hope is a good example because she always has had such a crucial storyline and now she's kind of just 'there' ---- I imagine that she'll probably get another storyline in the not too distant future, but even if she doesn't, as long as she's willing to remain in the cast, I'd much rather have her there in the background supporting the other players, than not to have her there at all. And for me, the same goes for all of the other characters who, at the present time, don't have real storylines, but at least we get to see them from time to time.
    combatcutie and Dragonlady like this.

I see the slimy Nick is up to no good. Trying to get Will declared unfit??? Um, you moron, he wasn't the one in jail, YOU WERE!!!!

and how does one determine whether or not a person is a fit/unfit parent before it even happens....???
    combatcutie likes this.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    and how does one determine whether or not a person is a fit/unfit parent before it even happens....???
    LOL, well obviously Nick, you know the guy that was in prison, is an expert at it

Days has been a little bland and boring lately but they did give us some DRAMA at the wedding.
    Nick is getting more and more evil.....problem is that he's sooo smart that he can be good at evil.
    Poor Will...he just never seems to get a break and he's such a good kid.
    Feel sorry for Chad...the actor....not much of a part anymore and he could have been on the verge of being the next "Big Couple!" with Melanie...but she wanted to get into movies.

+ Reply to Thread