+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 136 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

what I can say positive about Jen is that at least they stopped dressing her and making her up to look like an old lady. They got rid of the bun, got rid of all the drab gray outfits and finally made her look more her age. Not sure what they were thinking by making her look like a little old lady.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think it's funny how some of these characters can produce such divergent opinions..........like hating Daniel to really liking him.
    He's rather hammy as an actor but I like him. I'd like to give Jennifer a new hairdo....or use a different hair color on her. Sometimes she looks old and like she has a lot of grey hair.
    It also amazes me that Sami will be a grandma! I remember her as a chubby little teenager, completely jealous of her sister, Carey.
    LOL There have been so many times when some person I was having a meal with, didn't want to eat something that I thought was really good. I always kind of laugh and think to myself --- that's okay, if they don't eat it, there'll be more for ME! I wish it worked that way with men I'm interested in --- sort of: well, if all you guys don't like Daniel, there's more of a chance that I can have him! (As if that could really happen, right?)

Re: Jennifer's hair -- I have thought that too, DL. I keep wanting to give her a conditioning treatment and get some life and shine into her hair. I can't believe the Days hair and makeup people on the set haven't helped her out with that.

And Sami a grandma! I remember when Elizabeth Taylor's oldest child (a son) and his mate were expecting Elizabeth's first grandchild, and the world was pretty horrified that 'La Liz' could possibly be a grandma. Sort of like trying to imagine a sex symbol like Marilyn Monroe a grandma, or any one of the dazzling young starlets of today. But, sadly, we all grow old, don't we, and we're so lucky if we even get to be grandparents!!!
    Dragonlady likes this.

I've decided that I'm officially a goner....it's too late to save me.
    It's just not Christmas unless I watch all the Hortons (and many others now) put their ornament on the Horton tree.
    And I've been doing this for 47 yrs.......there have been many times during those years that I didn't watch for many years though.
    But I'm hopeless....there is no cure.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

I've decided that I'm officially a goner....it's too late to save me.
    It's just not Christmas unless I watch all the Hortons (and many others now) put their ornament on the Horton tree.
    And I've been doing this for 47 yrs.......there have been many times during those years that I didn't watch for many years though.
    But I'm hopeless....there is no cure.
    Sounds exactly like me, DL. I've gone for periods of time not watching the show (usually when then have some bizzare over-the-top plot lines going on), but I always seem to be drawn back during the holidays, and especially for the Christmas tree ornament hanging episodes.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Sounds exactly like me, DL. I've gone for periods of time not watching the show (usually when then have some bizzare over-the-top plot lines going on), but I always seem to be drawn back during the holidays, and especially for the Christmas tree ornament hanging episodes.
    The more I think about it, it's not such a bad thing....Alice and Tom really set some high standards....most of their kids tried to do the best but had some pretty big failures, which we all got to see, like voyeurs....always happy it was tv and not our own lives.
    Have you noticed that since Eric came back, everyone apparently is Catholic???! I'm fine w/it but it just came out of nowhere....I do remember that one of the Horton girls, Marie, was a nun once but the religious part seemed to have disappeared...
    oops, forgot that John was once a priest...but wasn't he unsure who the heck he was at the time?

Hmmmm, much of the cast IS Catholic. The Bradys are Irish, the DiMeras are Italian, and Rafe + Gabi Hernandez are Hispanic, so it makes sense that they'd all be Catholic. And with Marie Horton becoming a nun, one could assume that the huge Horton clan is probably Catholic. And if Eric has become a priest, then most likely his parents Marlena and Roman and sister Sami are all Catholic. And, let's see --- John was priest Father John - (but in the early 1990s it was established that he was actually Forrest Alamain, Lawrence Alamain's brother and Vivian Alamain's nephew), and we don't know what religion they were. And, the Kiriakis family is Greek, so I'm not sure what religion they would be --- probably either Greek Orthodox or Catholic.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-28-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Irish and Italians can both be protestant or catholic - I remember reading/hearing that the Brady's are protestant.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I've learned that I should just shut my mouth and accept all the absurd stuff that the soap writers hand us to make a story.

I'm amazed that they usually keep all the past facts straight...who's related to who...so some people will never have a romantic fling, etc.
    I know my brain sometimes has to get some help online to keep all the families straight.

I've learned that I should just shut my mouth and accept all the absurd stuff that the soap writers hand us to make a story.

I'm amazed that they usually keep all the past facts straight...who's related to who...so some people will never have a romantic fling, etc.
    I know my brain sometimes has to get some help online to keep all the families straight.
    LOL! If you want to really have your mind blown, go over to the Soaps.com website and look up the cast list on Days. They have the WHOLE history of each character, and when you start reading this stuff, it is totally overwhelming. Some of their histories are pages long, and so complicated and convoluted that you just have to laugh at how one person could have gotten himself/herself embroiled in all of that. For example, here's what they've got on John Black. John Black Played by Drake Hogestyn on Days of Our Lives - Soaps.com Fascinating!!!! And by the way, down at the very bottom is a spoiler, so beware, if you don't want to know what happens on Dec. 31st!

Wow, has anyone been watching this week?

Oh it's been realllllllly good!

Kristen, Brady, John, Marlena.......allot of things happening!!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread