+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I could not agree more. I have never liked Melanie!!

Since they first put Sami and EJ together I have always liked them as a couple. However, I'm also uncomfortable with the idea because of the storyline years ago when he raped her. I wish I could just eliminate that part from history so I could happy wish they could live happily ever after. EJ is a hottie. He may not be as "burly" as Rafe, but I definitely think he is the more attractive of the two. I'm not a big fan of Rafe - he's just kind of 'meh'.

Daniel is the guy on the show that I find the most smarmy, so I hope Jennifer doesn't get involved with him. It was the time he came on to Chloe when she was his patient (in an exam room, in a hospital gown) that sealed my opinion of his character.

ETA: I'm watching the show now and Sami found out that EJ was blackmailing Rafe to keep him away from her. EJ is telling her he did it because he loves her. I am laughing to myself because they guy who plays EJ is a *master* at looking honest and sincere. I don't think anyone should ever believe EJ, because he is far too good a liar!!
    I am in total agreement with the bolded part. Rape just isn't something you can forget or "take back", and then build a relationship around, soap opera or not. And that was only one of so many nasty things that EJ has done to Sami, her kids, Lucas, her family. James Scott is a hottie, but everything that EJ has done makes EJ ugly. I'm not a big fan of Rafe either, which is why I still feel that my man Lucas is the best man for Sami at the end of the day.

Good conversations!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am in total agreement with the bolded part. Rape just isn't something you can forget or "take back", and then build a relationship around, soap opera or not. And that was only one of so many nasty things that EJ has done to Sami, her kids, Lucas, her family. James Scott is a hottie, but everything that EJ has done makes EJ ugly. I'm not a big fan of Rafe either, which is why I still feel that my man Lucas is the best man for Sami at the end of the day.
    Everything you've said is absolutely true. But for me, the really interesting part is that Sami is EQUALLY as bad as EJ. Look at all the despicable things she's done to sooooo many people over the course of her selfish, conniving, manipulative life!!! So actually, EJ is PERFECT for Sami because they're both equally rotten --- and they have great chemistry. As for Rafe, he's essentially a good guy who hides his wrongful acts by telling himself that's it's okay to cover things up when he believes he's protecting someone he loves --- So, he's not 'bad' in the way that EJ and Sami are, but he's got enough deviousness in him to also be a good match for Sami -- and they've got good chemistry too. Lucas, on the other hand, is pretty much a good guy, and loves Sami way more than she loves him. So, for me, they're a terrible match because he is way too good for Sami who doesn't deserve him, and she walks all over him and constantly betrays him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Everything you've said is absolutely true. But for me, the really interesting part is that Sami is EQUALLY as bad as EJ. Look at all the despicable things she's done to sooooo many people over the course of her selfish, conniving, manipulative life!!! So actually, EJ is PERFECT for Sami because they're both equally rotten --- and they have great chemistry. As for Rafe, he's essentially a good guy who hides his wrongful acts by telling himself that's it's okay to cover things up when he believes he's protecting someone he loves --- So, he's not 'bad' in the way that EJ and Sami are, but he's got enough deviousness in him to also be a good match for Sami -- and they've got good chemistry too. Lucas, on the other hand, is pretty much a good guy, and loves Sami way more than she loves him. So, for me, they're a terrible match because he is way too good for Sami who doesn't deserve him, and she walks all over him and constantly betrays him.
    Yes Sam has been pretty bad in the past, but not so much in past decade. She's been set up as having grown up some and her schemes are much less about her, and have been more about her keeping her kids safe. Plus the main difference is that she did absolutely nothing to EJ just because she could, unlike the many things that he did to her (and to her family). Think back to how much satisfaction he got from terrifying her just because he could, or how he would smile while she was in tears thinking that her child was dead, but EJ had orchestrated the entire thing. Sami did things out of fear towards EJ. EJ did things to Sami because he is a disgusting person. There are basic fundamental differences. The thing with Sami and Lucas which actually does make them perfect for each other is that they have been very tit for tat in their relationship. Sami would do something stupid towards Lucas, and then Lucas would do something back, etc. I don't think Lucas ever loved Sami more than she did him. Looked pretty mutual to me. =D I am still hoping they end up together at some point in the future.

If EJ hadn't done some of the more serious nasty things he's done to Sami in the past, I could see looking past them and accepting them as a couple. However, he did those things, and I can't get passed them to be able to accept them as a couple that makes any sense being together. But that's just me, I know that other folks are able to. One thing about Ejami though - either you love them or you hate them. Doesn't seem to be much in between.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I've always had problems with how soaps throw in a rape, then years later, act like it didn't happen. Sometimes they have the couple marry each other and that seems way out of line for me to accept.
    But a soap is a soap so guess that's what we get.
    I wish EJ didn't blink so darn much....once you start noticing it, that's all you can see.

Sami has done plenty of wrong in the last decade. Sami shot EJ in the head last year and was willing to let her son take the fall and assaulted Arianna when confronted with the video. Sami kept Grace from EJ 2 years ago and used a fake birth cerficate and adoption papers. She blackmailed Lexi into telling Carrie that any children she had with Austin would have genetic defects. The argument that all Sami's wrongs are from when she was a kid is sooo wrong.

the writers attempted to redeem her when they paried her with Rafe and all that did was make her boring as hell.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Sami has done plenty of wrong in the last decade. Sami shot EJ in the head last year and was willing to let her son take the fall and assaulted Arianna when confronted with the video. Sami kept Grace from EJ 2 years ago and used a fake birth cerficate and adoption papers. She blackmailed Lexi into telling Carrie that any children she had with Austin would have genetic defects. The argument that all Sami's wrongs are from when she was a kid is sooo wrong.

the writers attempted to redeem her when they paried her with Rafe and all that did was make her boring as hell.
    I think you're right about the writers trying to redeem Sami somewhat, but I kind of like that, because she still has that undercurrent of having the ability to be conniving when she thinks she has to be. In my eyes, that makes her a more layered and complex character, which I find more interesting than the black and white 'good guys' or 'bad guys.' I actually enjoy Sami much more now than before, because you never know, at any given moment, which way Sami is going to be. Same with Nicole and to some extent, EJ. Nicole is very much a 'baddie' --- but she can break your heart too (like now -- when her baby just died). Even EJ can get my sympathy from time to time when he is genuinely hurt. But with 100% bad guys, like Stefano for example, I can only rejoice when bad things happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think you're right about the writers trying to redeem Sami somewhat, but I kind of like that, because she still has that undercurrent of having the ability to be conniving when she thinks she has to be. In my eyes, that makes her a more layered and complex character, which I find more interesting than the black and white 'good guys' or 'bad guys.' I actually enjoy Sami much more now than before, because you never know, at any given moment, which way Sami is going to be. Same with Nicole and to some extent, EJ. Nicole is very much a 'baddie' --- but she can break your heart too (like now -- when her baby just died). Even EJ can get my sympathy from time to time when he is genuinely hurt. But with 100% bad guys, like Stefano for example, I can only rejoice when bad things happen to him.
    I can't stand Nicole. I dislike her character so much that I couldn't even feel bad for her in that scene. Although that scene was made even more ridiculous by the fact that she had baby clothes with her - who would take a whole bunch of baby clothes with them in that situation!? And the Halloween outfit looked like it was for a 9 month old rather than a newborn!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I can't stand Nicole. I dislike her character so much that I couldn't even feel bad for her in that scene. Although that scene was made even more ridiculous by the fact that she had baby clothes with her - who would take a whole bunch of baby clothes with them in that situation!? And the Halloween outfit looked like it was for a 9 month old rather than a newborn!
    I'm with you on this one. I couldn't care less that she lost her baby. Karma's a bitch, you know. This whole flip the script, make Nicole a sympathetic character despite the fact that she's a baby-kidnapper etc., hasn't garnered one ounce of my sympathy.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Well, I'm a sucker so I tear-ed up when Nicole lost the baby....not for nicole but just feel bad at loss of a baby, that was just moving around a few hours before.
    and all those "baby" clothes were way too big. And where does she get any money to buy baby clothes since she can't afford an apartment or be able to live alone??
    Is Jennifer really OTT because of grief or is she seriously wanting to stop Daniel from making a huge mistake or lose his license?
    I'm not crazy about the storyline dealing with Bo leaving the show...kind of draggy although it seems strange to see Bo and Hope as just another couple when they used to be the Main Deal.
    I thought Mel and Chad would be the next "Super Couple" but guess not.

Here's my prediction - I could be very wrong, but I think I see an interesting plot line developing with Nicole, Daniel and Jennifer. Nicole is going to blame her baby's death on Jennifer! Jennifer, who is acting OTT in front of pretty much everybody, is going to physically try to stop Nicole --- and if she touches Nicole in the least little way, Nicole is going to act as if Jennifer attacked her and caused her to lose her baby. In fact, I'm surprised it didn't happen yesterday when Jennifer was angrily blocking Nicole from leaving her house. And that will be perfect (for Nicole) because Daniel will of course be furious at Jennifer and very protective of Nicole --- so Nicole will stand a chance of having Daniel even though her baby has died. And, of course there are no records of Nicole having lost her baby because of the computer melt down + Nicole destroyed her written medical file -- and the ultrasound doctor who was with Nicole when she found out her baby died, wasn't even her own doctor --- so it seems like pretty much a perfect soap opera set up, cause it also solves the problem of EJ taking her baby, and Rafe having to lie to Sami and everyone about being the baby's father. Oddly enough, I like it, cause I think that Daniel and Nicole have amazing chemistry together --- and we all know that eventually the truth will come out and Jennifer will be with Daniel in the end. . .

+ Reply to Thread