+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

FORT Fanatic

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Why is Melanie afraid of Nick & may not want him out of prison?
    I know Nick is Marie's grandson, Jessica & Josh Fallon's son, etc. I also know he came back to Salem a few years ago grown up. I also know he left to go to prison, but I don't know why for that either.
    I wasn't watching then so know next to nothing about his story when back in Salem, except for what I said above. I read a Nick synopsis, but it still didn't say exactly why Melanie is afraid of him.

I became a OLTL watcher in the early 2000's, so there's a lot of blank spots for me during that time frame.
    Will someone fill me in on him?
    He started becoming obsessed with Melanie... and kidnapped her..... (that's all I remember)

This Nick story is getting awfully big and important.
    sorry to be mean but for a soap opera, this guy sure doesn't have the looks I would expect.
    I'll have to do some research on the Horton family to figure out all the relationships of Nick's....His story was during a time when I wasn't watching.
    Apparently, he seems to be related to just about everyone! And everyone seems to love him a lot! They definitely have totally dismissed his bad behavior....I know he went to prison and has paid his dues but it does seem a little OTT. But then what can I expect?? It's a Soap!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Totally agree --- can't stand this Nick Fallon guy, either in looks, personality, or deed(s)! And it's really hard to figure out the relationship to the family. His grandmother was Alice and Tom Horton's daughter, Marie Horton (who was a nun!) and Nick's grandfather was Alex Marshall --- Don't exactly remember Marie and Alex's storyline, and I don't remember Alex before Marie went into the nunnery (because she was in love with Tommy Horton who turned out to be her brother - thats why she went into the nunnery in the first place), and I don't remember her coming out and leaving the nunnery. So I don't know when Marie was involved with Alex and had a child with him. Nick's mother is Jessica Blake (Marie's daughter?????) and his father is Joshua Fallon. Don't know who they are either.

But one thing I do remember is that the woman who is playing Nick's mother Jessica is actually the same actress who played her when she was very young. She looks very different now, but I kept thinking there was something very familiar about her --- looked her up, and sure enough, it's the same actress.
    OceanView likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Geez I remember the days (circa 2007) when Nick was just Chelsea's goofy boyfriend that her mother Billy slept with behind her back...the character sucked back then and still sucks now.

And on a side note ... I can't be the only one tired of the fact that the DOOL writers seem hellbent on centering the entire show around the likes of boring as hell, Melanie. Seriously, enough already.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 09-09-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    OceanView likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

wow, Imperfect1! Thanks for that info..I knew she looked familiar but lordy, she has changed a lot.
    I do remember Marie and Alex Marshall together...dramatic because she was a recent ex-nun and he was kind of a devil...He was deliciously evil.
    But if Jessica is their daughter, wouldn't she be named Marshall or even Horton? Why Blake if she was married to a Fallon?
    I realize those are silly questions, dealing with a soap opera but my brain likes things all nice and neat and orderly. silly me. Like trying to make sense of the Real Housewives!!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    wow, Imperfect1! Thanks for that info..I knew she looked familiar but lordy, she has changed a lot.
    I do remember Marie and Alex Marshall together...dramatic because she was a recent ex-nun and he was kind of a devil...He was deliciously evil.
    But if Jessica is their daughter, wouldn't she be named Marshall or even Horton? Why Blake if she was married to a Fallon?
    I realize those are silly questions, dealing with a soap opera but my brain likes things all nice and neat and orderly. silly me. Like trying to make sense of the Real Housewives!!
    I just read a little bit about Jessica's and her mother Marie Horton's CRAZY (literally) history at SoapCentral.com and Wikipedia, but to answer your question Dragonlady, from what I can tell, because of Marie's crazy life and unmarried pregnancy by Alex Marshall, she had given their daughter "Angelique" up for adoption to another family (apparently named "Drake" who renamed the baby "Jessica"). Jessica didn't come to Salem until she was a young woman, and she didn't know (at that time) that Marie and Alex Marshall were her parents.

And PS Dragonlady, if you like things all nice and neat and orderly, you have to read this Wikipedia article on Marie Horton. It is hysterical, and will totally scramble your brain!!! (If my link Marie Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia --- doesn't work just Google Marie Horton at Wikipedia.)
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-10-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Time to bring out the old Days of Our Lives memory bank. This was a while ago, so things are a little foggy. It's long, so I'll try to be brief.

Marie fell in love with a man who turned out to be her brother Tommy. He'd had plastic surgery & a memory problem after being badly injured in war. Marie was traumatized & went off to join the convent.
    In proper soap fashion......Years later, time for a rewrite! The show interjected a retrospective time period never mentioned before: When Marie left Salem she went through a brief wild period, during which she got involved with bad boy Alex Marshall. She got pregnant. She came to her senses & went to the nuns who helped her through her pregnancy & adoption of her daughter to a family named Blake (thus Jessica Blake). Marie then joined the convent.
    Somehow Jessica Blake & Alex Marshall ended up in Salem. Jessica (a teen) fell for much much older Alex Marshall who wasn't interested in her that way (thank God!). When Marie came back to Salem she somehow discovered that Jessica was her given-up-for-adoption-daughter. She immediately informed Jessica & Alex about Jessica's parentage, putting a stop to any possible ewwwww-ness.
    After much very soapy trauma, Marie & Jessica reconciled. Somehow Alex left the picture.
    More very soapy trauma & Jessica met Joshua Fallon & they married. Then had Nick. They left town.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

What?!? I turn on my tv and Days is on (I stopped taping it a few weeks ago) and Nick is on the screen!!! I loved him! Such a great actor Blake is too! Crap, I guess I have to start watching again now. Nick's also the only one that ran a true paternity test on the twins that showed that Lucas was the father to both Johnny and Allie. I wonder if they'll revisit that as well (hope so!).
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I just read a little bit about Jessica's and her mother Marie Horton's CRAZY (literally) history at SoapCentral.com and Wikipedia, but to answer your question Dragonlady, from what I can tell, because of Marie's crazy life and unmarried pregnancy by Alex Marshall, she had given their daughter "Angelique" up for adoption to another family (apparently named "Drake" who renamed the baby "Jessica"). Jessica didn't come to Salem until she was a young woman, and she didn't know (at that time) that Marie and Alex Marshall were her parents.

And PS Dragonlady, if you like things all nice and neat and orderly, you have to read this Wikipedia article on Marie Horton. It is hysterical, and will totally scramble your brain!!! (If my link Marie Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia --- doesn't work just Google Marie Horton at Wikipedia.)
    Thanks for the link...I enjoyed reading the preposterous storylines we get in these soaps....but that's why we love them!
    I can't seem to warm up to Nick at all....I find him creepy but maybe that's why he was chosen for the role.
    Jennifer has not been looking good lately...especially today in that wonderful white lace top (that I wish I could wear but would just look silly altho perfect for Jen)
    is she going grey?? or was it just my tv?? Maybe she's supposed to look bad because she's in mourning.

Nicole is bugging me...she's so trying to get Daniel and doesn't care who she runs over in the process...like Jennifer. But that's Nicole and who the character is. And I don't like her.
    Look how she's got Daniel, tied up as the caring doctor/bed partner and silly Rafe, claiming to be the father....She's pretty good at what she does.

Will Abe now become mayor again? Probably. Will he and Kayla now get together? Probably.
    Why did Cam break up with Abigail? It's obvious that she's not ready for a sexual relationship and that she's dealing with the death of her father...but walk out??
    Altho I still see Abigail as a little strange after the whole Austin-thing....that just wasn't normal behavior...that was really out there.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Nicole is bugging me...she's so trying to get Daniel and doesn't care who she runs over in the process...like Jennifer. But that's Nicole and who the character is. And I don't like her.
    Look how she's got Daniel, tied up as the caring doctor/bed partner and silly Rafe, claiming to be the father....She's pretty good at what she does.
    Nicole, is just so annoying. Chloe is supposed to be her BEST friend (yes, I know she's not in the area right now) But to go after her ex-husband??? That just doesn't seem like something a friend would do. I don't get how & why she has all these guys wrapped around her finger and willing to protect her.
    OceanView likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread