+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

So, is Stefano really dead? I saw the commercial during tonight's prime time and they've got Abe insisting he didn't shoot him. I'm not currently watching the show, so had to come ask if this is some trick or if he's really dead.
    Wait, silly me, I do know that this is a soap and he's been "dead" before (hence the Phoenix, right?).....

According to spoilers I have read
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he is alive.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I"ve read online (Day's Cafe - spoilers) about the shooting of Stefano so I wasn't surprised to see this scene.
    What I did like, and corny it may have been, was the whole atmosphere the writers were creating....the rain storm, all the suspects in and out of Stefano's home.....why didn't Stefano just lock it after the second one???....anyway, it was really set up well for quite awhile to make this a campy drama....we know it's a soap opera...that's why we watch...but give us the stuff that fills out the scenes...make it better than the same ol' actors just speaking in the same ol' scenery.
    I just thought they did it very well.
    I hadn't watched for awhile but found myself watching everyday this week....and I think it was due to all the background they were giving us.

Anyway, I enjoyed it (even tho campy)

FORT Fanatic

I've been enjoying Days more lately too. But I was kind of laughing on Friday with all the people (who I'm surprised weren't tripping over each other), randomly
    getting into what's suppose to be the secure Dimera mansion without as much as a alarm going off. My house and golden retriever are a better security system, LOL.

I'm kind of happy Sami isn't a suspect this one time! Although maybe Will will be, LOL.

They've been setting up Stefano's death for a while now - characters have been talking about 'taking him down' since Billie came back, along with everyone and their dog talking about killing him.

I actually liked the campiness of the whole episode. It was pure Soap Opera fun.

I have my own ideas on who did it, and I don't think it was anyone who we saw with a gun - I believe it's going to be Ian - pure speculation.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    They've been setting up Stefano's death for a while now - characters have been talking about 'taking him down' since Billie came back, along with everyone and their dog talking about killing him.

I actually liked the campiness of the whole episode. It was pure Soap Opera fun.

I have my own ideas on who did it, and I don't think it was anyone who we saw with a gun - I believe it's going to be Ian - pure speculation.
    Me too. Plus rumor has it:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The actor (Ian's) has been given his walking papers. The previous writers had big plans for him as the new villian, but the new ones have put the kibosh on a lot of their ideas & are going in a different direction. Supposedly they are thinking of having Stefano having faked his death, although not definite yet. The previous writers planned for him to be dead, gone, over, once & for all. New writers - not so much. Plus EJ may be re-Dimera'd.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Yep, I"m enjoying the new writers and what they've been presenting...a nice way of delivering all aspects surrounding Stefano's shooting.
    And yes, maxkl, I, too wondered why none of Stefan's visitors that night didn't bump into each other...so many coming and going. I just it was pure soap opera stuff in all it's glory. Makes it so much more interesting to flesh out all the background stuff.
    I also heard that Ian's got walking papers....fine with me as I never really liked the actor....the character was fine but the actor was too stiff.

the material from the new writers won't be seen til at least July, but I believe they are editing the material differently to set up the change in direction of storylines. There have been spoilers that haven't panned out that seem to be pointing to a change in direction and new spoilers that will undo some stuff that was done by this writing team.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The thing that's been bothering me is that everyone had been picking up the gun with black gloves on, but they all left fingerprints. How does this work?
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The thing that's been bothering me is that everyone had been picking up the gun with black gloves on, but they all left fingerprints. How does this work?
    Well I think everyone had their own gun which they had their black gloves on for... however, I noticed when they all went over and touched spare gun hanging out on the table, suddenly they were ungloved.

And yes DragonLady, I agree, it was classic soap opera type of stuff. It was fun to watch, it did have me laughing at all these smart, cop - detective, type people walking in and out of the house, touching the gun, leaving a trail of water, foot prints (I'm sure), etc... and Stephano just not caring all these people were walking in and out of the house without caring or thinking to lock the door, or beef up security, LOL. But the Phoenix always rises, so I guess he didn't care if he died or not... he would be back (I'm saying this without knowing any spoilers or anything, so I'm not giving anything away... just a long time DOOL watcher who knows he is never dead!)

+ Reply to Thread