+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

I don't know Chelsea..due to a long time when I quit watching DOOL but have heard about her. I, also, thought it was a great idea to bring back so much of the old cast...it's really those people we, the viewers, want to see. But a couple of them seem to have lost their ability to act during their absence. I'm talking about Billy (Lisa Rinna), Austin and John Black. That man just drives me bonkers w/his whispery voice and his thinking he's so great and now, he thinks he's killing machine. I doubt he could pick up a heavy phonebook with his super-thin body.
    Marlena, Jennifer, Jack, Carrie, Lucas and Austin seem like their old selves.
    But I'm still watching...if I didn't have my crochet projects to keep me busy while watching TV, I doubt I'd be watching many of the shows that I do...like any Housewife show. It's better than staring off into space while crocheting and I don't feel much guilt when getting something else done during that time.
    (That old Italian/Catholic guilt never seems to leave)
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't know Chelsea..due to a long time when I quit watching DOOL but have heard about her. I, also, thought it was a great idea to bring back so much of the old cast...it's really those people we, the viewers, want to see. But a couple of them seem to have lost their ability to act during their absence. I'm talking about Billy (Lisa Rinna), Austin and John Black. That man just drives me bonkers w/his whispery voice and his thinking he's so great and now, he thinks he's killing machine. I doubt he could pick up a heavy phonebook with his super-thin body.
    Marlena, Jennifer, Jack, Carrie, Lucas and Austin seem like their old selves.
    But I'm still watching...if I didn't have my crochet projects to keep me busy while watching TV, I doubt I'd be watching many of the shows that I do...like any Housewife show. It's better than staring off into space while crocheting and I don't feel much guilt when getting something else done during that time.
    (That old Italian/Catholic guilt never seems to leave)
    I agree with you. Lisa Rinna seems to be a little "off her game" in terms of her acting. Her acting seems a little too forced at the moment. Hopefully once she falls back into her role, she'll do a little. But I am glad she's back. I agree with you on John. The actor has been doing that whispery thing for years, which completely destroys the bad-ass image the writers seem to want to portray him in.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I have to applaud the new writers for this show, mostly because storylines don't drag on and on. I love how much happens so quickly.
    Wow! Rafe and Carrie!! Didn't expect that! But then I'm always up for something that messes up Sami's life...she's just so self centered.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I was never a big Lucas fan, but seeing him the first time back the other day was like seeing an old friend. I hope he stays too.
    As for Lisa Rinna, never was a fan, still not, HATE the character, but she really looks good now. Even the fishlip problem has drastically improved. They used to be so distracting. Not any more. If she stays away from Bo I may be able to tolerate her. The character didn't seem so helpless & whiny. I'll try.
    I know - it was great to see Lucas again!! I agree, he wasn't always my favorite character, but his lighthearted humor was a welcome surprise. Speaking of fishlips, I absolutely can't stand to look at Kate. She looks absolutely awful!! Is that blue chunk of hair supposed to distract us from all her bad plastic surgery? Or fool us into thinking she's really young because she's coloring her hair like the teens do. Her face and lips are horrid. I would like to speak of her acting or the character, but I can't get past how bad she looks.

Love Hope! I don't mind the entanglement with John (bad actor that he is) and Stefano, but they've been in this jail cell for too long. They've been overseas for too long too - how boring for those actors to be stuck in the same sets every day for weeks!

I had been off Days and GH, because not only was I too busy, but they were getting too sickening. Now that I'm laid up for a few weeks, I have to say Days has done a better job getting me interested again, and pulling me in where I'm wondering what will happen. When I go back to work, I'm not sure I'll still follow it as seriously, but it's been fun for now. GH has done nothing to get me involved in their storylines. I'm so not interested, and that used to be such a great soap.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I know - it was great to see Lucas again!! I agree, he wasn't always my favorite character, but his lighthearted humor was a welcome surprise. Speaking of fishlips, I absolutely can't stand to look at Kate. She looks absolutely awful!! Is that blue chunk of hair supposed to distract us from all her bad plastic surgery? Or fool us into thinking she's really young because she's coloring her hair like the teens do. Her face and lips are horrid. I would like to speak of her acting or the character, but I can't get past how bad she looks.

Love Hope! I don't mind the entanglement with John (bad actor that he is) and Stefano, but they've been in this jail cell for too long. They've been overseas for too long too - how boring for those actors to be stuck in the same sets every day for weeks!

I had been off Days and GH, because not only was I too busy, but they were getting too sickening. Now that I'm laid up for a few weeks, I have to say Days has done a better job getting me interested again, and pulling me in where I'm wondering what will happen. When I go back to work, I'm not sure I'll still follow it as seriously, but it's been fun for now. GH has done nothing to get me involved in their storylines. I'm so not interested, and that used to be such a great soap.
    How fun to take a look at this post and recognize so many characters even though I haven't watched Days for about 15 years! I might have to take a look one of these days.
    navybelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post

I can't see that Kate has done any plastic surgery...altho I'm sure she has, like everyone else. I think she's beautiful...but doesn't look like anyone you'd like to know in real life. And I don't like the blue hair either...far too old for that but she doesn't look old enough to be Lisa Rinna's mother!
    For me, it's Hope who doesn't look good. She did something many many years ago, that really changed her looks. I know she had breast implants and got very skinny but I'm not sure what she did but it doesn't look good.
    But none of that stops me from watching a couple times a week. I must admit tho that sometimes I just look up the spoilers online and miss a few weeks.

I'm pretty disgusted that they're bringing back Princess Gina & The Pawn, one of the most despised storylines from the past.
    I may just quit turning on the TV for a few weeks (or months).

I liked the Alice's Secrets storyline at first, but I wish they would have expanded on that more. The whole secrets from the grave bit, plus the fact that Alice Horton was much more complex than people gave her credit for, is something I find interesting.

Sami is at her best when her life is in turmoil.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I never saw the soap when Princess Gina and the Pawn were the main storyline...there have been long lapses when I haven't watched the show. But today I watched and I laughed so hard at Gina's "accent." What the heck kind of accent is she trying to do?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

One step forward and two steps back!!!! Love that so many of the old characters have been brought back --- and I was so happy to read that the writers are going to concentrate more on family and interpersonal storylines now ---- BUT what do they do??? They reinstall Stefano the monster turning John and Hope into their evil alter-ego selves, and reinstate Stefano's obsession with Marlena. They might as well have brought the DEVIL storyline back --- or the Marlena the stalker/murderer storyline --- or any of the other ridiculous bizarre storylines they've used over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I never saw the soap when Princess Gina and the Pawn were the main storyline...there have been long lapses when I haven't watched the show. But today I watched and I laughed so hard at Gina's "accent." What the heck kind of accent is she trying to do?
    I just watched today after not seeing it since last week. OMG that accent is dreadful! I started laughing too.
    I can't remember it from years ago. You'd think I'd remember something so horrid.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread