+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

As a One Life to Live watcher who plans to come back to Days next month when OLTL goes off the air, I've started keeping up on what's happening on Days so that I won't be completely lost when I come back.
    It's nice to see that the characters & families I knew are still there (or back) along with some new family members. I've been really looking forward to this.
    That is, until now. I just found out that my personally most despised character is coming back. Billie Reed. And with the actress who made the character so despised by me. I just hope she doesn't start mooning over, stalking, & hounding Bo, now that he's finally happy with Hope again.
    If that's the case, I will go Soap-Free.
    I hope they give that woman a new victim for her neediness. Then I may be able to tolerate her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

OMG!!! No offense Miss Scarlett, but I LOVE Lisa Rinna and the fact that she's coming back to Days as Billie Reed is the BEST news I've heard in a long time. Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so excited!!!!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    OMG!!! No offense Miss Scarlett, but I LOVE Lisa Rinna and the fact that she's coming back to Days as Billie Reed is the BEST news I've heard in a long time. Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so excited!!!!
    This is wonderful news! I hate when Lisa left the role of Billie Reed. The role was never the same. Can't wait until she returns!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm enjoying seeing all the old characters come back. I, personally, can't stand John Black and his over-acting. Marlena seems to be somewhat like him now but she really hasn't had much of a storyline yet so I'll wait to condem her.
    I love the new Horton square as the big "hang-out" of everyone, prior to that the sceanery wasn't much....Brady' Pub, coffe shop, etc.
    I love how they don't strecth out the storylines. I'm enjoying all the unrequited loves. It's been a long time since I really enjoyed this soap but the new writers certainly have done an excellent job so far.
    Lisa Rinna isn't my favorite person but if I can stand John, I can handle Lisa.

My problem with Billie is her neediness & obsessiveness regarding Bo. I absolutely can't tolerate desperate, needy, obsessive women, & I've know a few in my time.
    If they'd get rid of those traits, I'll give her a chance. If not, I won't bother with the show. It would just make me angry.
    I didn't see her last incarnation with the most recent actress. Maybe the show changed her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    My problem with Billie is her neediness & obsessiveness regarding Bo. I absolutely can't tolerate desperate, needy, obsessive women, & I've know a few in my time.
    If they'd get rid of those traits, I'll give her a chance. If not, I won't bother with the show. It would just make me angry.
    I didn't see her last incarnation with the most recent actress. Maybe the show changed her.
    She has been away from the show for so long her character has had plenty of time to make a life for herself and have other relationships. IMO, it would be ridiculous if they had her coming back to obsessively moon over Bo. Although I guess it wouldn't be the first time a soap made a ridiculous story choice...

I liked Billie a lot on this show until Hope came back in the picture. Given how much I liked Billie and Bo when Hope was dead, there was just no way that story was going to go in a direction that I was going to like when Hope came back! Now I have a hard time dealing with the botoxed Lisa Rinna that I have seen in recent years. She was such a pretty woman, but after the work she had done she just looked artificial the last time I saw her on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I liked Billie a lot on this show until Hope came back in the picture. Given how much I liked Billie and Bo when Hope was dead, there was just no way that story was going to go in a direction that I was going to like when Hope came back! Now I have a hard time dealing with the botoxed Lisa Rinna that I have seen in recent years. She was such a pretty woman, but after the work she had done she just looked artificial the last time I saw her on TV.
    I really liked Billie and Bo as a couple during that couple of years that Robert Kelker Kelly played Bo. They were great together. Peter Reckell's Bo and Billie doesn't work for me.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I really liked Billie and Bo as a couple during that couple of years that Robert Kelker Kelly played Bo. They were great together. Peter Reckell's Bo and Billie doesn't work for me.
    I am SOOOO glad you said that dagwood because you're right. Lisa Rinna and Robert Kelker Kelly had AMAZING DYNAMITE chemistry!!! They smoked the screen so much, you could barely watch the scenes! Lisa may not have any chemistry with Peter Reckell's Bo at all. In fact, seeing as Bo has so very recently gotten back together with Hope after being almost stolen away by another recently brought-back former-flame (Carly) I would be very surprised and disappointed if all the writers could come up with, would be to repeat that tired old scenario!

PS Lisa recently had the collagen in her lips TAKEN OUT, not put in. So, she is more natural looking now than she had been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I am SOOOO glad you said that dagwood because you're right. Lisa Rinna and Robert Kelker Kelly had AMAZING DYNAMITE chemistry!!! They smoked the screen so much, you could barely watch the scenes! Lisa may not have any chemistry with Peter Reckell's Bo at all. In fact, seeing as Bo has so very recently gotten back together with Hope after being almost stolen away by another recently brought-back former-flame (Carly) I would be very surprised and disappointed if all the writers could come up with, would be to repeat that tired old scenario!

PS Lisa recently had the collagen in her lips TAKEN OUT, not put in. So, she is more natural looking now than she had been in the past.
    I remember her being with Peter Reckell for a little while when he came back. They didn't have near the chemistry she had with RKK. To me Peter's Bo belongs with hope and RKK's Bo belongs with Billie.

PS I never liked Carly. She bugged the crap out of me, that is one character they shouldn't have brought back, ever.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    PS I never liked Carly. She bugged the crap out of me, that is one character they shouldn't have brought back, ever.
    I totally agree. She was one stranger character and I never understood what Bo saw in her. She was as blah as anyone could be.
    As for Lisa Rinna's lips, she did try to have her lips reduced but it was explained that not all of it could be removed. She still has weird lips but not quite as outlandish as they were. Still too awful to me though. What goes thru the mind of a woman to get them so overly puffed up??? I just don't understand that. Don't people think about how odd they'll look?? I know that having full lips tends to be considered attractive but those were clown like. Just because some features are considered attractive doesn't mean everyone looks good with it or it fits the rest of their face. I think the same thing when I see small people with giant implants, like Tori Spelling with her skinny body and those huge implants that her skin can't support, leaving her with the oddest (and creepy) cleavage ever.

+ Reply to Thread