+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

I've missed a few days but today I had to admit that I like how fast the storylines are going lately. Normally, the Gus-hooker-beater situation would have dragged on forever. The new writers are moving things right along. I did think though that Ivan showing up and whisking Vivienne away was a bit too fast. Seems like this week they will have wrapped up the end of Dario, Carly, Gus, Taylo and Vivienne and possibly, Quinn. I did hear that Quinn will be returning later.
    Guess you cant have too many actors on the payroll when the big stars are coming back.

it went fast because they needed to wrap up several storylines all at once, with the reboot starting next week.

The exits have been lame, and as much as I love Ivan that whole thing was laughable.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Enjoyed watching the return of the old cast members.......although I disliked having to put up with Pattie Stanger being on my soap. It's enough that I put up with her on Millionaire MAtchmaker........because I like the premise of the show......
    But goodness, what has Marlena done to her face??? she's still beautiful but looks pinched and tucked and strange.
    Some of these actors should have taken a good look at Alice Horton before she died. Wrinkles don't necessarily make you look bad. I think people look better with wrinkles and some sags as they age, instead of these odd alien looks they end up with. They don't look younger or better...just strange.
    combatcutie likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Yes, yesterday's episode was, for the most part, very sweet and reminiscent of the old days except having Patti Stanger there was so weird and out of place. (I can't stand her either and gave up watching Millionaire Matchmaker a year ago because I couldn't deal with her rudeness/crudeness.)

Loved seeing Jack back, although I think he could've done without the beard --- I hope it was just being used as a disguise. Jen seems so happy with Daniel - it's a shame to jeopardize that, even for her to have Jack back.

And I was so happy to see Marlena and John! You're right, Dragonlady, Marlena did look a little strange ---- but it's interesting that I wrote it off as her being strained and tense --- even though she was 'smiling.' But now that you point it out, it probably is due to some plastic surgery. She's got to be well over 60 -- so for that age, she does look beautiful. And I thought John looked pretty great too, even better than when they were asked to leave the show.

Yep, it's almost like the old days, especially with Julie and Doug there, and the return of Carrie and Austin, and having Justin and Adrienne, and Hope and Bo so happily together again, and having Maggie happily in love again -- even with Victor (who I like, but just not for her --- but that's another subject for another post.)

By the way, don't know if everyone knows, but there's a brand new reality show on the E! channel called Dirty Soap that follows the lives of 8 soap stars, including Nadia Bjorn (Chloe) and Kirsten Storms (former Belle).

I don't watch everyday but what I do see has been pretty good. I can definitely tell there are new writers.
    I really like the concept of Horton Square, rather than just the sets of Brady's Pub and the coffee house.
    I'm still not pleased with the storyline of Will discovering he's gay after all this time but whatever.....
    A little too pat to have Daniel be Maggie's son....what a story that was, with her missing eggs, etc.
    I was looking forward to old cast members coming back but now, not so sure....John Black drives me insane with over dramatic delivery of ALL his lines....and what's up with his whispery voice?? And now I remember that I never did like Austin....lousy actor and boring as heck.
    I'm also tired of the Nicole and EJ story.... first they love each other, then they hate each other, then they love each other. Of course, isn't that the storyline of most soaps?? Guess I'm being silly.

I'm one of the few people here that comments on this show but I guess I'll keep doing it.
    I really like how the new writers are handling the show. Things seem to advance at a much faster pace than before. Usually things just drag on forever. I love the faster pace, the new Horton Town Square set and all the new storylines they've introduced.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm one of the few people here that comments on this show but I guess I'll keep doing it.
    I really like how the new writers are handling the show. Things seem to advance at a much faster pace than before. Usually things just drag on forever. I love the faster pace, the new Horton Town Square set and all the new storylines they've introduced.
    Me too. I stopped watching it at one time b/c it would take 6 months to tie up a story line
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I was looking forward to old cast members coming back but now, not so sure....John Black drives me insane with over dramatic delivery of ALL his lines....and what's up with his whispery voice??
    I have always thought he was the epitome of the Joey Tribiani "smell the fart" acting style!

I'm also tired of the Nicole and EJ story.... first they love each other, then they hate each other, then they love each other. Of course, isn't that the storyline of most soaps?? Guess I'm being silly.
    I can't stand their story because I hate them as a couple. I was totally okay with them hating each other! I liked EJ and Sammi together much more. I generally just can't stand Nicole.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Sammy / Austin vs. Carrie / Rafe - i.e., sisters potentially stealing each other's husbands...why oh why do the DOOL writers have to go there? Maybe they're just hinting at it and will leave it at that, but it sure seems like that where things are headed in the not too distant future. For starters, Rafe doesn't even strike me as the type of guy who would cheat on Sammy.

And maybe I missed something, but why is Kayla working as a waitress at the Brady Pub? Where are Abe and Lexy?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think Chandler Massey, I believe that is his name, is doing a superb job as Will Horton.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread