+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 115 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Totally agree with you here about Melanie. But..........I've seen this in real life a lot. The poor-little-me damsel in distress shtick works on men. I wish I could do it but I'm too strong and unwilling to play that game. Other women know exactly what these helpless females are up to but men fall for it.
    (on another note, bee stung lips, is your avatar you? Because you're gorgeous!)
    Oh, do they (men) ever fall for it...lol! And I'm like you...I'm too strong to play weak just for the sake a man. I am my mother's daughter, I can't help it.

And yes, that's me in my avatar...your words are too kind...way to make a girl blush over here. Thanks!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Agreed. Brady's behaviour seems nonsensical and illogical. What a waste of a character.

And another thing, why is it that every, single man in Salem has an affinity towards Melanie???? I find it highly unbelievable that all the men would be flocking to her side to rescue her from all of her distresses. She's such a petulant child, and not at all believable as the grown adult they're making her out to be. They should have sent her packing with the young doctor (can't remember his name) who just left town.
    At least it's a change from every new/single man in Salem flocking to Sami.

I liked Nathan and Melanie together - although I no longer watch the show, I would've liked for them to pair these two.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    At least it's a change from every new/single man in Salem flocking to Sami.

I liked Nathan and Melanie together - although I no longer watch the show, I would've liked for them to pair these two.
    True. I forgot about Sami's stint as Salem's resident "damsel in distress". That drove me nuts too.

What of Marlena and John? It's about time they return to Salem.

I agree and I'm glad every man isn't lusting after the Great Sammi! She may look good but wow, what a pain in the butt she is!!

Jennifer looks like she cut off some of her hair. It's still not a big improvement. She needs to look more her age. Not old and dowdy but not like a college girl either.
    I'm not really sure what the point of having Brady around at all anymore.
    And when did Nicole become such a loving, dutiful daughter? Wasn't she the one who used her mother horribly when she kidnapped Sydney??

And yes, Marlena and John, get back to Salem. Accept less money and take your place as number one couple in daytime tv like before. I miss Marlena a lot, especially when Sammi is acting foolish, as usual.
    This faux Rafe is a great character!! Glad he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I agree and I'm glad every man isn't lusting after the Great Sammi! She may look good but wow, what a pain in the butt she is!!

Jennifer looks like she cut off some of her hair. It's still not a big improvement. She needs to look more her age. Not old and dowdy but not like a college girl either.
    I'm not really sure what the point of having Brady around at all anymore.
    And when did Nicole become such a loving, dutiful daughter? Wasn't she the one who used her mother horribly when she kidnapped Sydney??

And yes, Marlena and John, get back to Salem. Accept less money and take your place as number one couple in daytime tv like before. I miss Marlena a lot, especially when Sammi is acting foolish, as usual.
    This faux Rafe is a great character!! Glad he's here.

Looks like Sammi's got her plate full trying to keep track of her football teams worth of children by as many men, as well as keep track of her nutty hubby, faux Rafe. One of the few storyline's on the show that is genuinely holding my interest currently.

As for Jennifer, she needs an entire makeover, to first of all, bring her looks into the current century. Not sure I like where the whole Jennifer / Daniel storyline is going. Pretty pointless, imo. I am amazed that they can't think of better things to do with the show's characters.

As for Nicole, yes, when did she become such a dutiful daughter? She is perhaps, daytime soap opera's most reformed character. You go from kidnapping a man's child to marrying said man and spending quality time with said man's children. Alas...only on daytime television.

And while I'm at it...looks like Carly's going off the deep end too...oh joy.

I should say, that I am pleased as pudding to see Adrienne and Justin both back on the show again as a couple. That's at least something DOOL got right.

yep, I get the feeling that Carly's days are numbered on the show.
    As for Jennifer/Daniel, of course, they'll fall in love. Isn't it a rule that couples should start off not liking each other before they fall in love? Isn't that what they are setting us up for with Melanie and Dorian (Daria? Doria?) brother of Rafe?? He's pretty but such a lousy actor.

Wow - I haven't seen this show in awhile, barely keeping up here and there when school's out, and hadn't seen Kate's face. I'm horrified! What has she done now? I remember her puffed up lips, last I saw her, but now she looks completely plastic. Kind of like that old dame puppet, what's her name?!! She looks terrible, and it seems they haven't redeemed her character much at all either.

Scared to watch GH this afternoon now! Can't imagine what Luke's face looks like!!

Why can't aging actresses resist the temptation to over-do the plastic surgery?
    Last edited by navybelle; 04-22-2011 at 01:41 PM.

I missed a lot of DOOLs this last month. Why did they change the actress that played Taylor? The first one was really pretty and I could believe that EJ would fall so hard for her. This one is not attractive at all: skinny, with hair so long and thin, her ears always poke thru and definitely not as good an actress as the first one. I'd love to know why she was changed.

Also I've seen rumors that they are going to make Will gay. I have no problem with gay characters but I do think it's a bit much to take a long time character and decide to make them gay just because it would be politically/society-ly correct. I read that he will come to that decision because he doesn't feel the need to have sex with Gabby on Prom night. Excuse me, but you'd think he'd have some inklings or doubts or questions prior to that!!!
    Bring on all the gay characters you want....fine with me but don't insult my intelligence to make me believe that's how he discovers he's gay.
    I know it's a soap opera and pretty much nothing like real life but I resent having Hollywood's agenda foisted on me in such a pathetic way.
    sheesh! (now I feel better after writing that!)

I liked the other one better too. This actress also played Ava a few years back as well on Days.

I've read that too about Will. I'm like, what? Little guy is so cute and so in love with Gaby. He was so excited for prom and getting a room. They could at least bring on a different character.

To me the last actress that played Taylor was an awful actress. As for Will I think the actor has the chops to pull it off.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread